Are all S Class A2 cabins under the overhang

compman9

I have checked the spreadsheet and there is no info on this, so hopefully someone can help...

We are on the Equinox and have booked an A2 cabin (we have been given 1625), but it appears that all the cabins in this class are directly under the huge overhang, which blocks a lot of the sunshine getting onto the small balcony

Are there any rooms in this class that have a smaller overhang?

We love to sit on the balcony in the sunshine, but these look to be the worst balcony rooms on the ship for that!

If you look at the front of the ship, approximately the first 48 cabins, 1501 - 1550 or so ( the cabins vary by ship and even and odd sides have different numbers of cabins) have NO overhang. I usually avoid the very front looking to be close to the elevator. Also, around 1520 on the even side (starboard) you are next to the famous “secret staircase” and can quickly go up to Persian gardens or the solarium.its NOT convenient to the odd numbers or port side.

Not all S Class ships are the same. Reflection is different than the others. The Equinox cabin 1625 is on deck 11 and has cabins above and below. Deck 12 has the overhang. The A1 cabins are under the overhang on deck 11. Yes the cabins forward on deck 11 have no overhang as Justcrusn noted.

We always go for an A1 on S class, 1544 1542 1510 1511 none of these have had the overhang.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've never been on the Reflection but on the other S-Class ships, the cabins you list here are A2s. Our favorite area is anywhere from 1540 to 1550 and they are defnitely A2.

I've never been on the Reflection but on the other S-Class ships, the cabins you list here are A2s. Our favorite area is anywhere from 1540 to 1550 and they are defnitely A2.

We will agree to differ, next week we are on the solstice in 1511,anditis an A1. It is NOt an A2.

We will agree to differ, next week we are on the solstice in 1511,anditis an A1. It is NOt an A2.

An interesting debate, as the Solstice deck plans clearly indicate that the forward cabins are A2, not A1. That's consistent with the deck below, where those forward cabins are C3, not C2 or C1, and the deck below that, where the forward cabin are 1B, not 1A, etc..

To go back to the OP's question: All of the AQ cabins aft of the forward elevator, like 1625, are under an overhang. The ones between the two elevator lobbies are AQ1, probably because of their more center ship location. Our personal preference is for cabins forward of the forward elevator, which in our experience have always been classified as AQ2. These are the only ones that do not have an overhang. For instance, our Celebrity confirmation for cabin 1548 on Eclipse later this year is designated as A2 and we know from experience that it does not have an overhang.

Thank you all, for the advice

We have switched to 1527, which is near the spiral staircase and not under an overhang

This is what is great about Cruise Critic :D

We stayed in 1527 on Silhouette and liked the location.

The „secret“ spiral staircase however can only be accessed from the aisle on the opposite port side (even numbers).

Yep, the “secret staircase” which is not really a secret but is a very cool shortcut upstairs, is closed off to the port side cabins (odd numbers) and accessible from the starboard side (even numbers)

The S class ships are slightly different from each other, perhaps this leads to the confusion over A1 vs A2 but in MOST s class ships the forward cabins are A2.

If you are a captains club member it’s a moot point as you can book either one for the SAME PRICE.

We stayed in 1527 on Silhouette and liked the location.

The „secret“ spiral staircase however can only be accessed from the aisle on the opposite port side (even numbers).

Sorry, I meant to write starboard side... :eek:

Is the staircase easy to spot? I can see it being very handy. This is our first aqua class cabin, and I’m wondering which floor on Reflection ( same as Silhouette most likely)has the entrance to the relaxation room? I bought a Persian garden pass for our last cruise, but never went to the relaxation room ( not even sure if it was included)

Is the staircase easy to spot? I can see it being very handy. This is our first aqua class cabin, and I’m wondering which floor on Reflection ( same as Silhouette most likely)has the entrance to the relaxation room? I bought a Persian garden pass for our last cruise, but never went to the relaxation room ( not even sure if it was included)

Greetings Dunmore2:

We sailed with you on Equinox to Cartegena about 7 years ago. The Relax Room is on Deck 11. Just walk all the way forward. We were in room 1540 on our cruise with you. I think I remember you hosted the final cabin crawl stop witha wine party in your suite. Enjoy your cruise in Aqua and enjoy Blu. It's lovely.

I know what I booked and what I paid, end of discussion.

One of your earlier posts indicated that you have previously sailed on Celebrity. So regardless of whether your cabin is an A1 or A2, I hope you paid the A2 rate since you would be eligible for the Captain's Club upgrade - an A1 for the price of an A2 - unless there was no A2 available at the time of your booking.

I have checked the spreadsheet and there is no info on this, so hopefully someone can help...

We are on the Equinox and have booked an A2 cabin (we have been given 1625), but it appears that all the cabins in this class are directly under the huge overhang, which blocks a lot of the sunshine getting onto the small balcony

Are there any rooms in this class that have a smaller overhang?

We love to sit on the balcony in the sunshine, but these look to be the worst balcony rooms on the ship for that!

However, it is very unpleasant to try to enjoy a meal in the bright sunshine. We enjoy the shaded balconies- we are anti sun as we do not want our skin to dry out- or develop skin CA- enjoy you shaded balcony.

I know what I booked and what I paid, end of discussion.

Sorry, 1511 is an A2. If you paid for an A1, you must have the wrong cabin number. Just take a look at your booking and you will see.

One of your earlier posts indicated that you have previously sailed on Celebrity. So regardless of whether your cabin is an A1 or A2, I hope you paid the A2 rate since you would be eligible for the Captain's Club upgrade - an A1 for the price of an A2 - unless there was no A2 available at the time of your booking.

Sorry, 1511 is an A2. If you paid for an A1, you must have the wrong cabin number. Just take a look at your booking and you will see.

One just hopes that she didn't pay an A1 price for an A2 cabin.:cool:

Greetings Dunmore2:

We sailed with you on Equinox to Cartegena about 7 years ago. The Relax Room is on Deck 11. Just walk all the way forward. We were in room 1540 on our cruise with you. I think I remember you hosted the final cabin crawl stop witha wine party in your suite. Enjoy your cruise in Aqua and enjoy Blu. It's lovely.

Yes, we remember you two, we also toured Cartagena, Colombia together. Thanks for the information about accessing the relaxation room.

Joanne