The refurbishment of Summit in 2019, and two other M- and S-Class Ships

jakob71

6 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

The superstructure of Edge with the infinity balconies is totaly different. You definitely can not change a ship with traditional balconies to this. One cabin as a trail as done on Constellation was a different story. All updates will be focused on the interior of the cabins and I hope they do this in a good way. So  far at least Royal Caribbean updated their ship only with more (pay extra) restaurants, water slides, yellow balls and similar nonsense but unfortunately kept the old-fashioned cabins more or less unchanged.     

OK thats helpful

Do you expect they will change the dining--and that for example--Tuscan will become one of the MDRs? and the "edge" dining assigned spaces (French/Italian etc) will be divided? Or do you think the MDR will remain?

I realize we are speculating.. however some CCers here have many years of experience in seeing ship renos and may be able to guess what X - LLC is up to

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

OK thats helpful

Do you expect they will change the dining--and that for example--Tuscan will become one of the MDRs? and the "edge" dining assigned spaces (French/Italian etc) will be divided? Or do you think the MDR will remain?

I realize we are speculating.. however some CCers here have many years of experience in seeing ship renos and may be able to guess what X - LLC is up to

I expect that they will create a Retreat area somewhere on the M- and S-class chips, but have no idea where or how. [Just sure that there will be howls about whatever space is removed from 'general use' :classic_wink:]  If the Retreat includes a new location for Luminae (and its galley) that would allow repurposing the existing Luminae space as a new restaurant.  But the design of the M- and S-class MDRs doesn't seem to permit breaking them up into four (five with Blu remaining).

56 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I expect that they will create a Retreat area somewhere on the M- and S-class chips, but have no idea where or how. [Just sure that there will be howls about whatever space is removed from 'general use' :classic_wink:]  If the Retreat includes a new location for Luminae (and its galley) that would allow repurposing the existing Luminae space as a new restaurant.  But the design of the M- and S-class MDRs doesn't seem to permit breaking them up into four (five with Blu remaining).

I've posted this before ... if you check Celebrity's promotional site, you can clearly see that the Retreat on the Millennium Class ships will be on deck 12 forward on the rendering.  You can also see the re envisioned Michael's Club. 

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

I've posted this before ... if you check Celebrity's promotional site, you can clearly see that the Retreat on the Millennium Class ships will be on deck 12 forward on the rendering.  You can also see the re envisioned Michael's Club. 

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/

So what happens to the MDR? Blu? Tuscan? 

On the link I find the promo re the Edge and FLora etc.. and am not finding the deck plans/renderings of millenium. I must be link/site challenged. 😞

I thought I had read the Luminae wouldn't move and some felt this was short sighted in that suite class has the Retreat and yet the restaurant would be outside of that space (unlike for example MSC which has the YC etc  ship within a ship in the same space private space)

I guess I am wondering how they will "revolutionize" the dining since the super structure means the cabins will get  a facelift interior and the exterior will stay similar.

Edited by Fogfog

38 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

So what happens to the MDR? Blu? Tuscan? 

On the link I find the promo re the Edge and FLora etc.. and am not finding the deck plans/renderings of millenium. I must be link/site challenged. 😞

I thought I had read the Luminae wouldn't move and some felt this was short sighted in that suite class has the Retreat and yet the restaurant would be outside of that space (unlike for example MSC which has the YC etc  ship within a ship in the same space private space)

I guess I am wondering how they will "revolutionize" the dining since the super structure means the cabins will get  a facelift interior and the exterior will stay similar.

No deck plans ... the face page of the video shows the outdoor Retreat in front of the forward mast.

Scroll down to A Culinary Difference and you can see the main dining room and buffet.

Given the contrast between the promotional images of Edge and the reality, I put no faith in the promotional stuff about the Revolution of M- and S-class.  I'm waiting until the guinea pigs have paid top dollar to find out for me and post the pictures here! :classic_wink:

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2018 at 7:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

You might want to take a look at this thread.

They installed one IV cabin on Constellation when she was in dry dock in May 2017 as a beta test before the Edge was finalized.   It’s classified as a C3 - room 7197.   My understanding is the deckplans on Celebrity Site identify it as a IV.   It is a good read on what you might expect.

I was curious about this--as some said there was no way we'd see IVs go into the M and S class ships (exo-skeleton etc) I wonder if there are portions of the M and S class ships that this is happening.

Do we have any updates on what is happening to the Millie as she is in dry dock as we speak?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ccaxle said:

Appears the Celebrity Summit is in Freeport for Drydock.  It has just gotten there in recent day or so.  

Yes she arrived a couple days ago.   Pictures are being posted when found on the Summit Revolution thread.   Also on the Millennium there is a wealth of information and pictures post revolution and deck plans.   Summit will almost be identical.

• Like 1