Anybody sailed before on the day of the time change?

KarlChilders

we sail March 10 on Escape, That night the US (most) will spring forward. But our first 2 ports don’t observe DST. Wondering if ships time will just stay the same or change? Anybody with experience?
No different than sailing from one time zone to another.

Last cruise the ship time changed to be the same as local time, but YMMV.

We've done it in our past two cruises and I'll be on Escape with you. NCL ship time is the same as local time. This one will be easy, we will start on Eastern Standard Time in Miami and stay on EST through Jamaica and Grand Cayman. Then we will switch to Eastern Daylight Time before getting to the Bahamas (GSC and Nassau) and will stay there until we get back to Miami.

I guess my question was really if they would change for the sea day only to change back for Jamaica. Seems like it would make more sense to just wait until the return to Bahamas. I know it doesn’t really matter on the sea day other than what ship time is for shows etc.

I guess my question was really if they would change for the sea day only to change back for Jamaica. Seems like it would make more sense to just wait until the return to Bahamas. I know it doesn’t really matter on the sea day other than what ship time is for shows etc.

As I stated above, they won't change it for the sea day. There is no reason to.

I actually realize a few days ago that our cruise that ENDS on the 10th is going to get ripped off an hour. :D
If daylight savings time begins at 2 am, isn't it actually 2am on March 11th, then? So, if this is true there will be no ripping off when returning on the March 10th Escape in Miami. On the other hand I am departing on the March 10th Escape so it will affect pax on that cruise.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sorry, couldn't resist:

Ok, so I watched it, and will keep this in mind on the cruise! It is an oldie and perhaps before my time. I will care about a few times while on the cruise, such as the CC meet and greet, pub crawl times, dinner times booked and the rest whatever whatever to enjoy vacay! Cheers! What time is it, gotta get back to work, lol.:cool:

Another way to answer the question:

Ship Time is LOCAL TO THE PORT regardless of DST EDT EST Greenwich other.

Where ever you are that is the time where you are at - - -

So when Mickeys Big Hand is - - -

Time is fleeting and won't stand still - nor will you - - -

My time is up - I better find time to make up some more humor !

Remember this NOT to show up UNTIMELY and miss the ship !

we sail March 10 on Escape, That night the US (most) will spring forward. But our first 2 ports don’t observe DST. Wondering if ships time will just stay the same or change? Anybody with experience?

I have sailed four or five times on time change weekend. Most captains make ship time match port time. NCL already knows when you are going to be docking. Time on your itinerary will match local time.

It doesn't really mater on sea days. Ship time is the only time that counts. They do their best to minimize time changes.

So now I am wondering. Assuming ships time will stay EST until we return to the Bahamas, I wonder if our Iphones which we use for time will automatically adjust to DST thus making them not match ship time even in airplane mode. Hmmm, guess we will see. Maybe we will be an hour early for the meet and greet ;-)