Cruising with a cheapskate: Review of NCL Epic 3/31-4/7 2018

drewsmom123

I’ve been lurking around this thread (as it has been very fun thus far), but had a thought to add.

I am also a very “frugal” teacher, but like to use that savings to splurge on vacation. I’ve (semi) recently discovered all that can be done using points from a travel credit card. All our household bills are now funneled through my chase credit card. The balance is paid in full each month, so no interest to pay. After doing this for about 9 months (including the 3x points paying for our cruise), and the bonus points for opening the card, I had enough points to pay for a 5 night stay at a beach front hotel in Barcelona (normally $1100-$1500).

P.s. enjoy your trip, and can’t wait to read more!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Awesome!

Yesterday was a really long day. Traffic was crazy. But we finally arrived at Days In Cocoa Cruiseport. Very nice place. The room is clean and comfortable and the pool looks clean. The desk clerk Dusty, was very friendly and helpful. However, she informed me upon check in that there is a $50 charge for parking and the shuttle. This was very unexpected, I thought it was part of the room price. I have started the process of getting my money back and will give an update if things change. IMG_20180331_063103450.thumb.jpg.239baaf8b83979dac13ae8861ecb845e.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Our shuttle left the hotel at 9:00, we were at the terminal and in line by 9:30. They started letting us in around 9:45. We had room keys and a boarding card by 10. Now we are just waiting to board to start working on our beverage quota. DH doesn't want to waste any time getting our money's worth. We met a family from Michigan that is on our cruise FB page. Getting to know people beforehand has been a lot of fun. IMG_20180331_092939438.thumb.jpg.b475b4ceb3d0a4ad7d7c09f57df21ade.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

IMG_20180331_100001249.thumb.jpg.e0688ce9f6f1fdb37e6bad0ee3736469.jpg

IMG_20180331_093321202_HDR.thumb.jpg.5b763656391f49c40d183e066a8a83af.jpg

Enjoy your cruise! I just now finished my review of our Epic cruise that returned last Saturday, so I am ready for another virtual cruise of Epic. Wish we could go again! [emoji846]

I need to change the name of my review to the Epic traffic jams. We are finally home and I am going to compose my thoughts for the review. Today I had to cover my beautifully ranked skin with jeans and a long shirt. That wa tough. It is also going to be tough to go to work tomorrow. I hope to get the details of the trip started tomorrow. Thanks for following along it was a great trip and I can't wait to share it with you.

I need to change the name of my review to the Epic traffic jams. We are finally home and I am going to compose my thoughts for the review. Today I had to cover my beautifully ranked skin with jeans and a long shirt. That wa tough. It is also going to be tough to go to work tomorrow. I hope to get the details of the trip started tomorrow. Thanks for following along it was a great trip and I can't wait to share it with you.

That should be tanned skin. Ranked?