Room Service Food Available Anywhere Else?

I'm sure some of you will think I'm crazy for asking this.......but when I look at the Room Service menu, I see items that I've never seen offered anywhere else on the ships I've been on. (where else could I get grilled quesadillas or chopped cobb salads or chicken fettuccine alfredo?)

Is it possible to request anything from that menu when in the Main Dining Room?

I am mainly asking because I've had issues with sickness on previous cruises and would have loved to just have some chicken noodle soup or a grilled cheese. My hubby really enjoys the dining experience, so I go with him even when I am sick....but usually don't eat much. So if those items are available for room service, why wouldn't they be available for request in the MDR?

I'm sure some of you will think I'm crazy for asking this.......but when I look at the Room Service menu, I see items that I've never seen offered anywhere else on the ships I've been on. (where else could I get grilled quesadillas or chopped cobb salads or chicken fettuccine alfredo?)

Is it possible to request anything from that menu when in the Main Dining Room?

I am mainly asking because I've had issues with sickness on previous cruises and would have loved to just have some chicken noodle soup or a grilled cheese. My hubby really enjoys the dining experience, so I go with him even when I am sick....but usually don't eat much. So if those items are available for room service, why wouldn't they be available for request in the MDR?

Because room service will only be delivered to your room.

Ask, all they can do it say no.

Room service food comes from the same galley, but a different area, as the other food.

I can't see a huge problem with them serving you things off the room service menu in the MDR.

On large ships, like Oasis and Allure, they actually have a separate kitchen for room service. You an order off of the children's menu in the dining room, but I don't think you can get the actual room service items.