Our cruise is ten days away, and the nightmare scenario is happening.

Mr. Blonde

My wife, who never loses anything, can't find her birth certificate. We live in Florida, and she was born in Massachusetts. I found a website where they can overnight a new one to you, (http://www.expressvitals.com ) but I can't figure out if this is going to be one that cruise will accept, or is it just some type of copy. Anybody familiar with ordering these online?

My wife, who never loses anything, can't find her birth certificate. We live in Florida, and she was born in Massachusetts. I found a website where they can overnight a new one to you, (www.expressvitals.com ) but I can't figure out if this is going to be one that cruise will accept, or is it just some type of copy. Anybody familiar with ordering these online?

Sorry to hear about your problem. I don't have personal experience with the company you mentioned, but I did see information about them on the Better Business Bureau website. You might want to read that before you spend your money.

https://www.bbb.org/houston/business-reviews/passports-and-visas/express-vitals-in-houston-tx-90020677/reviews-and-complaints

Go with vitalcheck... I was born in PR and needed the new birth certificate (as per Carnival's website) I ordered, paid the rush fee and had it via ups that same week. I was terrified because of the situation in PR at the time, oct last year, but thankfully had no delays getting it ��

Sounds like you will be good with a little $ spent. Then from this day forward it stays in the "cruising tote." lol. I applied for my new passport this month btw since it expires in May. All done through mail. They warn you it could take months. I think I got it the next week!

Deep breath

When was the last time she used it? On a cruise? Has she checked the pockets of that luggage?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's definitely in this house somewhere, and she's not panicked. She's sure we will find it, but I'm panicking, and would rather just order it, even if we end up finding after, I don't care about the $100.

We just got married Saturday, so we're understandably a little frazzled.

Vitalchek is the BEST. I was born in CA and now reside in GA and had to have a copy of my BC urgently. I ordered it from them and received it within 7 days. It is on the state's watermark paper, no muss no fuss.

I think, at the time (about 3 years ago) it cost a total of about $70 with all the fedex fees and whatnot.

I would call Carnival and explain the situation and see if you can provide any other forms of identification.

Yes, they can provide a passport or passport card.

:p

It is isn't Carnival that requires the ID as much as it is CBP when you return.

So hopefully the OP/wife will either find the missing BC ASAP, or just order another copy.

And as mgdehoyos suggested, if recently married, the BC would have been a probable form of ID used to get the license (valid for three months, IIRC), so my guess would be to check that set of paperwork.

Go ahead and order it, better to be safe than sorry. When you find the other one, you'll have an extra one to use for applying for your passport.

BTW, when you booked the cruise, did you put her maiden or new married name (Congratulations) on the reservation? If you used her new married name, you may want to take some type of documentation showing the transition from her maiden name to married name. They don't always ask for this proof, but I have seen it from time to time.

Since you were born in MA, call the town clerk's office for the town in which your mother resided at the time of your birth. You can also check the town's web site for information on obtaining a certified copy of the BC. Fees range from $10 to $15, and turn around time is fast, mailing it the same day as it's requested. MA vitals are now all electronic, and older documents are also in the data base.

25 years of helping in the TC office, I've done numerous BC's.

Darcy