Back to Back Question

Thinking of doing a B2B first part with my husband and second part with a friend.

Can I disembark with my husband (We will have our car there and I would like to get rid of one suitcase and pick up another) and the join the B2B group to re-board or do I have to disembark with them and stay with that group?

Thinking of doing a B2B first part with my husband and second part with a friend.

Can I disembark with my husband (We will have our car there and I would like to get rid of one suitcase and pick up another) and the join the B2B group to re-board or do I have to disembark with them and stay with that group?

You do not have to stay with the group, but if you leave the group, you will have to wait until general boarding begins before you can get back on. You don't even have to leave with the group, you can leave earlier if you like. Make sure you tell them you want to leave earlier, so they can give you your new SeaPass the night before.

You do not have to stay with the group, but if you leave the group, you will have to wait until general boarding begins before you can get back on. You don't even have to leave with the group, you can leave earlier if you like. Make sure you tell them you want to leave earlier, so they can give you your new SeaPass the night before.

Thanks- That's what I figured. If I do this it might just be easier to go back home with Dan and then drive back with my friend since it's not really all that far rather than hang out somewhere for a couple of hours

Would like to try Royal Caribbean, and was wanting my first to be a B2B,any Perks like on Carnival??

Thanks

Mike

On our first B2B we all met in one of the lounges where we were cleared, we then went along for special lunch. Our sea pass cards were given to us on the last night of the first leg.

On our last B2B we went off ship for a look around Miami, when we returned we went to the crew boarding area and boarded there as we already had out sea pass cards.

Would like to try Royal Caribbean, and was wanting my first to be a B2B,any Perks like on Carnival??

Thanks

Mike

No perks, other than some ships might give a special luncheon depending on the number of B2B guests.

Thanks- That's what I figured. If I do this it might just be easier to go back home with Dan and then drive back with my friend since it's not really all that far rather than hang out somewhere for a couple of hours

If you can do self-assist, that would probably be the easiest. Just make sure you confirm with GS mid cruise that you are leaving early so you get the new SeaPass card. On some of our B2B cruises, they gave new SeaPass cards as part of the walk-off process.

If you can do self-assist, that would probably be the easiest. Just make sure you confirm with GS mid cruise that you are leaving early so you get the new SeaPass card. On some of our B2B cruises, they gave new SeaPass cards as part of the walk-off process.
I would probably not bother to link them since I will have to wait for my friend to check in anyway

Sent from my BG2-W09 using Forums mobile app

Do you have to go through the check in process again or will they take both forms when we check in for the first cruise?

As long as GS is aware of your being a consecutive cruiser, then all info is transferred from cruise 1 to cruise 2. It's a good idea to check wit6h GS midway through the first cruise to ensure that you are on the consecutive cruisers list.

When checking in for the first cruise, only that SetSail Pass is required.

As long as GS is aware of your being a consecutive cruiser, then all info is transferred from cruise 1 to cruise 2. It's a good idea to check wit6h GS midway through the first cruise to ensure that you are on the consecutive cruisers list.

My question is do I give them both Set Sail Pass papers when I check in the first time?

No perks, other than some ships might give a special luncheon depending on the number of B2B guests.

All our B2B's included a free luncheon. A couple of them included free wine and even lunch with an officer but it varied by ship.

My question is do I give them both Set Sail Pass papers when I check in the first time?

As I stated above, when checking in for the first cruise, only the SetSail Pass for that cruise is required. The Check-In people are only interested in your SetSail Pass for the current cruise you are boarding.

Each cruise is independent of the other, so when Cruise 1 is done, your account is closed and a new account is opened. That is why I mentioned to let GS know during the first cruise that you are a consecutive cruiser so that all the information pertaining to turnaround day will be made available to you.

There is no carry over of credits from cruise 1 to cruise 2.

All our B2B's included a free luncheon. A couple of them included free wine and even lunch with an officer but it varied by ship.

Curious what ships had the luncheons? The only one we've done that has had a luncheon every time has been Adventure in San Juan.

I would just add, go to the B2B meeting and discuss. Every now and then you hear of some ship or port doing something a little different that day.

I would just add, go to the B2B meeting and discuss. Every now and then you hear of some ship or port doing something a little different that day.

Ellen -I recall there are specific instructions if you plan to leave the terminal area. You can read the process in the B2B letter.

M

Thanks- I'm just going to book it as 2 separate cruises. I'll be back home by 8:30 time to do laundry and then drive back down to PC with my friend

I would agree with this! We’ve done 7 B2Bs and they’ve all been different! Some have had a lunch but not all, on most, we’ve been given our sea pass for next cruise while on the ship but one time they took us off as a group and we had to wait in th terminal for check in to start & then they handed them out.:rolleyes:

Sherri:)

Curious what ships had the luncheons? The only one we've done that has had a luncheon every time has been Adventure in San Juan.

The only two ships other than the Adventure that we went B2B on were the Majesty and the Mariner. Both had luncheons including wine. Adventure was a "disappointment" for us because we didn't get the free wine we thought would be given on all B2B's. Up to that point we thought all B2B's were the same but after reading all the threads we now know there is no consistency.. LOL

The only two ships other than the Adventure that we went B2B on were the Majesty and the Mariner. Both had luncheons including wine. Adventure was a "disappointment" for us because we didn't get the free wine we thought would be given on all B2B's. Up to that point we thought all B2B's were the same but after reading all the threads we now know there is no consistency.. LOL

We've done a number of Majesty B2B cruises out of Port Canaveral, and never gad a luncheon. As I recall, there were only about 6 B2B guests when we did them, so I can see why they did not hold the luncheon.

If you get off with the B2B group they won't let you carry a suitcase and generally can't leave the group. They walk you through immigration and back on. And they didn't ask the customs questions last time we did this, since we were not removing anything from the ship.

People do take laundry off the ship all the time on B2B turnaround. From a customs standpoint if you take stuff off after the first trip then you lose your customs allowance for the second trip (you get the allowance only once in 30 days). Not enforced much and much harder now they don't use the form but if you bought a lot on the second trip you might have to pay duty.