Diamond vs Concierge Lounge

It varies from ship to ship. On Anthem, CL was large, bright and comfortable but in a remote location. It meant that it was nice and quiet. The DL was in a central location and felt so different because it was always busy.

On Indy and Liberty, DL is nice and bright with lots of windows. It has a nice area where you can sit outside. The CL has no windows and to me doesn't feel as comfortable.

On Oasis Class ships both DL and SL and pleasant spaces but SL feels more spacious.

It's nice if you are in a suite and have a choice which one to go to.

I have found servers in DL and CL very friendly. The DL concierge I have not always found to be attentive or helpful as the ones in CL but that might be the luck of the draw.

It gets better with time. Just like a fine wine.

Try the 2 bottles of wine thread too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:') That is too funny!!! The "2 bottle of wine" thread was on FIRE last night. I so wanted to chime in but glad I didn't. Happy to see trouble maker has left the building and all is calm again! :D (At least for now :'))

Zero difference.

In both lounges some people will look you up and down as they decide whether you should be there.

*laugh*

I definitely get looked up and down. But if I'm in there pre-cappuccino in the morning I reflexively glare back.

The other difference is how many people have access (by the very nature of who is allowed in). As a result, it can be harder to get a drink in the diamond lounge or talk to the person in charge there vs getting a drink or talking to the concierge in the DP lounge.

Judy

Have daughter in her 20's and she gets the looks since she is diamond and close to plus. (The more I think about it, maybe she is getting the look because she is beautiful.) She has been lucky to be able to cruise with DH and I over the years and on college christmas breaks and an extra cruise with me now and again. We did the longest cruises we could afford, and many out of Bayonne, NJ (no flying required). We did a lot of inside cabins with 4 adults as well.

:') That is too funny!!! The "2 bottle of wine" thread was on FIRE last night. I so wanted to chime in but glad I didn't. Happy to see trouble maker has left the building and all is calm again! :D (At least for now :'))

You should look at his/her/? Other posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have experienced that. I actually walked in behind another guest, as there was no reason to let the door shut and then scan the card, and there was this old jerk that yelled at me. When I showed him my card, which I should not have done, there was no apology.. just a continued scowl on his face.

Unfortunately there's always one who thinks he/she are the lounge police.

Hello,

There were a couple of differences between the DL & CL on the Indy ex Southampton before her TA last year. During the evening service:

1. The hot savouries in the DL were usually hotter than in the CL as the CL used smaller diameter but deeper containers: ergo items at the top did not get hot unlike in the DL where the chaffing dish had a lid too;

2. There was a much larger selection of sweets in the CL - if you did not want to go to a restaurant you could have a full three course meal there;

3. The number of waiters per head of pax was greater in the CL than DL and the host in CL was much more prepared to assist in serving than the DL;

4. Pax in DL were much better dressed than CL and did not use their fingers as much as in CL to take food from the buffet.:eek:

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
things

Hello,

There were a couple of differences between the DL & CL on the Indy ex Southampton before her TA last year. During the evening service:

1. The hot savouries in the DL were usually hotter than in the CL as the CL used smaller diameter but deeper containers: ergo items at the top did not get hot unlike in the DL where the chaffing dish had a lid too;

2. There was a much larger selection of sweets in the CL - if you did not want to go to a restaurant you could have a full three course meal there;

3. The number of waiters per head of pax was greater in the CL than DL and the host in CL was much more prepared to assist in serving than the DL;

4. Pax in DL were much better dressed than CL and did not use their fingers as much as in CL to take food from the buffet.:eek:

Regards,

Cublet

Thank you for your feedback