Upgrade to Grand Suite?

But, if you ask they will get others for you.

YES, I would make the upgrade. Personally, I think the GS are the best value when you factor in all the perks. We have had three OS and who wouldn't love them. But for the money we enjoyed the GS and it's plenty of room for just the two of us.

We have had the deluxe package each time and while it's nice to have the "free" drinks in the SL, it's not very convenient during the day when hanging out on deck. We tend to spend most of the day on the suite only sun deck and it's a long walk to the SL for a free cocktail when there's a bar 20 ft away.

Never, ever, seen that happen. But I'll ask on Allure in 10 days

Oh and they also have Strongbow

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the input guys! Seems pretty clear the GS is a crowd favorite! I’ll sleep on it & decide in the morning. Appreciate all the replies!

Sure you want to sleep on it? I slept on an upgrade to a grand loft and it was gone by the time I decided. Not a great feeling lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sure you want to sleep on it? I slept on an upgrade to a grand loft and it was gone by the time I decided. Not a great feeling lol.

Ha ha! If it’s gone it’s a sign.

Truth be told, I’ve been really happy with the thought of the deck 6 JS location. I also like the walk in closet and wider balcony of the hump JS as a bit better than the closet and narrower balcony of the GS (with 2 small kids).

Is it overall a great deal for the GS? Yes. Would the larger GS room & several of those perks be spectacular? Yes. Is the $700 a major concern? Not really.

But this is the first of what I hope to be many many family cruises (3 booked), and I’m also a little concerned about setting expectations for future trips. The JS alone is way nicer than anything I ever could have experienced as a kid (actually just stepping foot on the ship is). So I’m weighing more than just the bigger room and suite privileges.

All that said, I still may wake up tomorrow, come to my senses, and book the upgrade yet... ;p

Ha ha! If it’s gone it’s a sign.

Truth be told, I’ve been really happy with the thought of the deck 6 JS location. I also like the walk in closet and wider balcony of the hump JS as a bit better than the closet and narrower balcony of the GS (with 2 small kids).

Is it overall a great deal for the GS? Yes. Would the larger GS room & several of those perks be spectacular? Yes. Is the $700 a major concern? Not really.

But this is the first of what I hope to be many many family cruises (3 booked), and I’m also a little concerned about setting expectations for future trips. The JS alone is way nicer than anything I ever could have experienced as a kid (actually just stepping foot on the ship is). So I’m weighing more than just the bigger room and suite privileges.

All that said, I still may wake up tomorrow, come to my senses, and book the upgrade yet... ;p

Gatordad815....so true on a few of those points. The GS will ruin you for future cruises. That being said, if you can live it up with your kids, then that is awesome too. We have done regular balconies with our 2 girls, tried GS on our own, sailing in a JS next week with them, we are trying Star Class next year with them. They have many experiences and we just tell them along the way to appreciate each one. They love every cruise, as do I, no matter what room we are in. Good luck with whatever you decide tomorrow [emoji4]

Never, ever, seen that happen. But I'll ask on Allure in 10 days

Oh and they also have Strongbow

I'm interested in the answer to this as we will have CK and Suite Lounge access on the Allure in October.

I asked that question here on CC and the consensus was only the beers that I (and you) had listed above) were available at no charge

I'm interested in the answer to this as we will have CK and Suite Lounge access on the Allure in October.

I asked that question here on CC and the consensus was only the beers that I (and you) had listed above) were available at no charge

Can't believe they removed Corona.:eek:

And replaced with Strongbow. The horror. I tried one in SL, hey it's was free, just awful.

Pretty sure Corona wasn't around to long.

Haven't had that much experience in the SL, but I've been able to get Corona in the DL/CL for years.

And replaced with Strongbow. The horror. I tried one in SL, hey it's was free, just awful.

Pretty sure Corona wasn't around to long.

Is Strong Bow alcoholic?

Haven't had that much experience in the SL, but I've been able to get Corona in the DL/CL for years.

Same here

Warning - once you go Sky Class on Oasis Class you will be hooked.

I agree that experience will get you hooked! We now book crownnlofts when on oasis class ships.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Once you drop the drink packages (pay as you go on occasion if more convenient than SL) the price will probably be about the same. And you also have the services of the concierge (no waiting in line at guest services) and priority departure. I would get the GS.

Once you drop the drink packages (pay as you go on occasion if more convenient than SL) the price will probably be about the same. And you also have the services of the concierge (no waiting in line at guest services) and priority departure. I would get the GS.

Freedom had a priority line at GS's when she was in PC. Good old days

Newcastle. I'd never leave

Not in the DL or SL but a great beer they have added on RCL in the past few years is Negra Modela. It is an outstanding beer. Best Mexican beer IMO probably because it is a Bavarian style Dunkel. You can get it at sabor, boleros, and one or two other spots as I recall.