Advice please. Transport Orlando airport to Orlando hotel then on to Miami nxt day

deeko

Hello to all.

We fly into Orlando (first time) and want a taxi to an Orlando downtown hotel. Hotel has no shuttle.

Then next day we want transport from Orlando hotel to Miami hotel.

I've read lots of reports about the "problems" people encounter. I'm sure some cruisers have done this many times. So your experience and ideas are really welcome.

Thanks.

deeko

Hello to all.

We fly into Orlando (first time) and want a taxi to an Orlando downtown hotel. Hotel has no shuttle.

I've read lots of reports about the "problems" people encounter. I'm sure some cruisers have done this many times. So your experience and ideas are really welcome.

Thanks.

deeko

If I were doing it, I would do a one way car rental from the Orlando airport to the Miami airport, then use the agency's shuttle to get tobthe ship (assuming you are sailing the same say). It's over three hours by car from Orlando to Miami.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

If I were doing it, I would do a one way car rental from the Orlando airport to the Miami airport, then use the agency's shuttle to get tobthe ship (assuming you are sailing the same say). It's over three hours by car from Orlando to Miami.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Agree... Plus the major car rental agencies in FL do not charge a surchage for 1 way rentals. Very reasonable and a easy drive

Hello to all.

Thanks.

deeko

I use an Uber to the hotel. I set up the Uber when the luggage conveyor starts as it takes time for the Uber to arrive.

As for the drive to Miami, that is a different situation. I rent a vehicle at the airport 'no Uber to Hotel" with a car drop off in Miami, in the several times I have done this there has not been a drop off charge. If you time it right and drop off the vehicle to an the rental agency near the port they may even give you a ride to the port. "Enterprise has worked well for dropping us off"

I have used Budget, Enterprise and Avis when I have done this. The cost for this varies with the rental agency and the type of vehicle.

From Orlando the drive time is around 3 hours and I have found it to be less expensive than other forms of transportation.

I agree with using a rental however unless you have a good reason for spending the night in Orlando, I would go from Orlando to Miami and stay there. 3 hour drive is too far away to risk something delaying you and missing the ship.

There must be a reason for going out of the way to do this.

3 + hour diversion from destination - Miami cruise terminal

Airline from OP location does not serve Miami ?

Airline flights to Orlando really really less expensive than Miami ?

Maybe flights available with mileage points redemption ?

Visit friends relatives in local area ?

Free be Hotel at Orlando property ?

Could fly to Ft. Lauderdale with far less hassle ?

Recalculate:

Not trying to second guess the OP plans but this is odd.

Oh I get it the OP wants to go to Disney World ??? maybe ?

There's shuttles that go from Orlando to Miami but 1 they leave really early around like 6am but often pickup a few spots so you're not in Miami until 11 and 2 last I looked their pickup locations are around a $20 uber away from the airport and 3 except for the megabus it's $50+ per person so a rental could easily be cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello to all.

Thanks.

deeko

Is there a reason you are flying into MCO instead of MIA? It is about 4.5 hours from Orlando to the port in Miami. Transportation is going to be expensive unless you rent a car one way.

Last year we found a bus service but can’t remember the name. Took a taxi to the facility in Orlando and they dropped us off at port. Easy, inexpensive and efficient. Something like Megabus but was not that

Recalculate:

It looks like OP is coming from Spain so most answers to your questions could be...maybe.:)

I live in Orlando. First, Uber is not allowed to pick up at the airport. Not sure how that’s controlled but they are very strict about it. Second, if you have to stay overnight here, just stay at the airport Hyatt. We really don’t have public transport here and it will be quite expensive to get downtown (and there are only a couple hotels). Miami is a solid 4 hour drive-there is no public transport. For all that $ on cabs and hotel, take a 30 minute flight. .

I live in Orlando. First, Uber is not allowed to pick up at the airport. Not sure how that’s controlled but they are very strict about it. Second, if you have to stay overnight here, just stay at the airport Hyatt. We really don’t have public transport here and it will be quite expensive to get downtown (and there are only a couple hotels). Miami is a solid 4 hour drive-there is no public transport. For all that $ on cabs and hotel, take a 30 minute flight. .
I've gotten picked up by both lyft and uber at mco. Several times.

I've gotten picked up by both lyft and uber at mco. Several times.

How long ago? About 2 years ago there was a big brouhaha withUber and Disney Magical express and they put a stop to it. When I flew home last Sunday one of my travel mates tried to call Uber and was told they are not allowed and there are hefty fines if you are caught. You can take an Uber TO MCO however.

How long ago? About 2 years ago there was a big brouhaha withUber and Disney Magical express and they put a stop to it. When I flew home last Sunday one of my travel mates tried to call Uber and was told they are not allowed and there are hefty fines if you are caught. You can take an Uber TO MCO however.
Since July they've done all levels. Uber black (the most expensive version) was able to do pickups longer than that, probably at least a year longer, but I'm not sure because it wasn't cheaper unless you had a lot of people so I never used it.

I last used it home from mco in Oct and my friend just used it January.

Having driven from (beyond) Orlando to Miami a couple of times in the last year or so my advice is to stay on the turnpike (not I-95) and keep an eye on Google Maps or something else that keeps track of current traffic. On the last one, around Palm Beach Google Maps started issuing dire predictions about congestion ahead. The estimated time to our destination, the Miami airport, kept going up. Finally Google informed us that we could save over an hour by taking an alternate route that took us west then south and approached the airport from the west. We took it and it did.

Recalculate:

I’m sailing out of Tampa in a couple of weeks and saved over $500 by flying into MCO. It was shocking, being spring break.

I’m sailing out of Tampa in a couple of weeks and saved over $500 by flying into MCO. It was shocking, being spring break.

We live between the two and check each to decide which is cheaper to fly out of and it changes a lot, mainly based on which airline is hubbed in which location.

Firstly can I thank everyone for their replies.

It has been very helpful. CC people invariably are!!

We are now much wiser about the variety of methods and the variety of pitfalls!!

Just now we are in Ireland, though we also have a home in Spain.

Aer Lingus have excellent Business Class fares to Miami as well as Orlando.

We are under no pressure of time so that accounts for what some may feel is a roundabout route to Miami.

We know Miami from other cruises and we just wanted to see more of Florida.

We sail on the Jade out of Miami to the Caribbean B2B at the end of the week so arriving MCO on Monday is fine.

At the end of the B2B we sail out of Port Canaveral on the Epic TA. Epic arrives in Barcelona. We will stay there a few days and take an excellent Spanish Renfe train to our home below Alicante.

That by the way leaves us with the return part of the air ticket. We will sail Epic in November into Port Canaveral.....and fly to our home in Ireland out of Orlando.

This is bit long.......but I reckoned some explanation was required by some folk.

So Disneyland......no!! nothing Mickey Mouse about this trip!!!

Thanks again to all.....you are terrific.

Deeko