Port or Starboard cabin on Allure Western Caribbean?

I know it's subjective, but I'm trying to decide between a port-side or starboard-side cabin on the hump for a Western Caribbean itinerary on Allure (Labadee, Falmouth, Cozumel). I know I've seen posts that sometimes you're docked looking right into the cabin of another ship when you're in port, but since you're probably not IN your cabin while in port, that really isn't an issue for me. I like being able to get a lot of sun and it's a bonus to get to see a sunrise or sunset from my cabin balcony. Since it seems everyone has opinions about EVERYTHING on these boards, I thought I'd toss this out there before making my final decision. I currently have port-side, on the hump, on deck 10. I can choose either side on decks 8, 10, 12 at this point but if I'm going to move, I'm sure I need to do so in the next day or so. (May '19 sailing) :D;p:cool:

This is very hard to know as the ship travels and moves. One morning you could be facing the sun and the next not so much. Same with sunset, it is hard to predict. As to docked days also hard to know. Our last trip we didn’t have any other ships when we docked, but that evening/next day there were 3 other ships along side. I would stay as the final days y should be heading north and East should be on the port side. That should give you the sunrise. Hope this helps.

Doesn't matter much, it will equal out over the course of the cruise.
that's what I figured and was trying to confirm--been awhile and last time I did Western, I had an aft cabin on Enchantment. And thanks, as always, for your help!

This is very hard to know as the ship travels and moves. One morning you could be facing the sun and the next not so much. Same with sunset, it is hard to predict. As to docked days also hard to know. Our last trip we didn’t have any other ships when we docked, but that evening/next day there were 3 other ships along side. I would stay as the final days y should be heading north and East should be on the port side. That should give you the sunrise. Hope this helps.
thanks! I think when heading north, east will be on the starboard (right side), but will get a sunset. I think being on the hump is great on either side, just trying to make sure no one has some sort of story that would make me want to change locations while I still can. :)

HUH?????

If the ship is headed north, the starboard side is facing EAST, and will get a SUNRISE. At least on EARTH.

The sun RISES in the EAST and SETS in the WEST.

I like starboard balconies. No chance of the smoking deck filtering down onto my balcony that way. Sometimes if the breeze is right you can get the full effect of the smoking deck even if you're toward the back of the ship.

HUH?????

If the ship is headed north, the starboard side is facing EAST, and will get a SUNRISE. At least on EARTH.

The sun RISES in the EAST and SETS in the WEST.

Typo/auto-correct. It should have said 'we'll' not will, get a sunset. Since we are on the port side 'we'll' get sunset. But thanks for the snarky reply. Nice to know we have one person on Cruise Critic who is perfect. :rolleyes:

Its Port Out and Starboard Home for a truly POSH Life.

"O the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me

First cabin and captain's table regal company

Pardon the dust of the upper crust--fetch us a cup of tea

Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H, posh" :)

Its Port Out and Starboard Home for a truly POSH Life.

"O the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me

First cabin and captain's table regal company

Pardon the dust of the upper crust--fetch us a cup of tea

Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H, posh" :)

Love it! Thanks!

Your hump cabin will be fine. Side of the ship doesn't matter. In port, you're likely to be OFF the ship! At sea, there's water everywhere! Don't overthink this. The "hump" area is so very convenient! You will love it!

I always recommend putting the emphasis on where the room is located on the ship rather then which side you select. I find either side to be equal.

Keith

, Thank you! I did make sure there wasn't a bar or other noisy venue right above or below.

Your hump cabin will be fine. Side of the ship doesn't matter. In port, you're likely to be OFF the ship! At sea, there's water everywhere! Don't overthink this. The "hump" area is so very convenient! You will love it!
We are excited to have scored one of the 'hump' balconies because of the extra outdoor space and also the convenience of being mid-ship. We definitely plan to be off the ship in each port. I'm totally overthinking it. It will be an important celebration since when we sail it will have been 5 years since both my daughter and I were diagnosed with cancer (two different types). She's had a much rougher battle, but has now been in remission, for the 4th time, for a year. So we are hopeful that we can celebrate Mother's Day and good health together in May of '19. I'll try and stop worrying about location and just be grateful when we sail away and enjoy that we are both still here to enjoy it.

We got off the Allure this past Sunday. Our stateroom was on the port side, 9th deck. I think we slept through a few of the sunrises, but we did notice that on the day we landed in Cozumel that we saw the sunrise and then the sunset as we started our way back to Ft. Lauderdale. On the other hand, our view off our balcony all that day was of the hull of the Liberty of the Seas.

In Labadee, our view was the ocean and in Falmouth, it was the ocean again.

Have a great trip!

We got off the Allure this past Sunday. Our stateroom was on the port side, 9th deck. I think we slept through a few of the sunrises, but we did notice that on the day we landed in Cozumel that we saw the sunrise and then the sunset as we started our way back to Ft. Lauderdale. On the other hand, our view off our balcony all that day was of the hull of the Liberty of the Seas.

In Labadee, our view was the ocean and in Falmouth, it was the ocean again.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the info. I'm an early riser, so if needed, I'll head up top to get some sunrise views. I lived right on the beach in New Jersey for many years and I really miss seeing the sun come up over the water. My daughter will probably choose to sleep in. :D