Sailing on Ruby have a few questions

YAKE

Four of us (DW, her sister, sisters friend/co-worker and myself) will be sailing on Ruby 5/26/18 R/T Seattle to Alaska have all off ship activities planned and reserved, but I have the following questions for onboard Ruby:

1. Best place (not the buffet) for lunch on embarkation?

2. DW love almond milk lattes are they available?

3.We like to play Mexican Train any recommended places to get a table?

Thank You

Jerry

Four of us (DW, her sister, sisters friend/co-worker and myself) will be sailing on Ruby 5/26/18 R/T Seattle to Alaska have all off ship activities planned and reserved, but I have the following questions for onboard Ruby:

1. Best place (not the buffet) for lunch on embarkation? There will be MDR , pizza place ,places the makes hamburgers/hotdogs and the International Cafe. These all serve lunch on embarkation day.

2. DW love almond milk lattes are they available? The International Cafe can make them

3.We like to play Mexican Train any recommended places to get a table? The horizon court has tables all day that you can use.

Thank You

Jerry

See my replies in red.

3.We like to play Mexican Train any recommended places to get a table? The horizon court has tables all day that you can use.

Wrong. The Horizon Court has tables all day for people eating, not for playing games.

Hi YAKE - Join the May 26 Ruby Princess roll call - there are a few of us over there already getting excited for this trip. I’m traveling with a group of seven and we’re hoping we can eat in the main dining room for embarkation day lunch and we’re hoping we can play cards during off hours in the Horizon Court.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I know you're not planning on going to the buffet but if you're tempted, avoid it like the plague. When I boarded last Monday, the buffet had been split into two small sections with almost nothing. There was soup, fruit, mac 'n cheese, some other macaroni, fried fish sticks, some sort of roast that was being sliced, a little cheese and absolutely no lettuce for a salad. Unless you're really into fruit, not exactly healthy eating. I wound up going to the International Cafe and having some chicken salad. It was delicious with a bit of pineapple in it instead of apple.

I know you're not planning on going to the buffet but if you're tempted, avoid it like the plague. When I boarded last Monday, the buffet had been split into two small sections with almost nothing. There was soup, fruit, mac 'n cheese, some other macaroni, fried fish sticks, some sort of roast that was being sliced, a little cheese and absolutely no lettuce for a salad. Unless you're really into fruit, not exactly healthy eating. I wound up going to the International Cafe and having some chicken salad. It was delicious with a bit of pineapple in it instead of apple.

I love the salads in the IC.

1. Best place (not the buffet) for lunch on embarkation?

2. DW love almond milk lattes are they available?

3.We like to play Mexican Train any recommended places to get a table?

Thank You

Jerry

As others posted...NOT the Horizon Court!!

There are nice comfy chairs with a table in between across from the Explorers Lounge, usually also lots of tables IN Explorers (as long as there's nothing scheduled there). Also, Skywalkers plus I've seen tables with games going on in Crown Grill during the day.

In my experience, when you ask the crew about lunch on embarkation day, it is necessary to explain that you want sit-down dining for lunch, so it is necessary to ask specifically if the Botticelli, the DaVinci, or the Michelangelo dining room is open for lunch.

I found that just by asking which dining room without specifying one of the three, the crew tends to automatically refer everyone to the Horizon Court buffet, which is really crowded. JMO -- EBC

In my experience, when you ask the crew about lunch on embarkation day, it is necessary to explain that you want sit-down dining for lunch, so it is necessary to ask specifically if the Botticelli, the DaVinci, or the Michelangelo dining room is open for lunch.

I found that just by asking which dining room without specifying one of the three, the crew tends to automatically refer everyone to the Horizon Court buffet, which is really crowded. JMO -- EBC

No need to ask the crew - when you drop off your luggage in your cabin check the dining section of the back page of the Princess Patter. It will list the MDR open for lunch.