QM2 In Australia review

Don't they realise that since our convict uniforms wore out, we've had to make do with whatever we can pick up the salvos. Why they didn't offer one of their spare dinner jackets, I don't know.

Assuming these folks have never met and mingled with the balmy army!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't they realise that since our convict uniforms wore out, we've had to make do with whatever we can pick up the salvos. Why they didn't offer one of their spare dinner jackets, I don't know.

Assuming these folks have never met and mingled with the balmy army!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are the barmy army when touring with the cricket side but then act all uppity when not.;p

Interesting review of the QM2 whilst in Sydney. I guess Aussies don’t match up to the high standards of many Cunarders.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2607909

I can relate to the story when on QM2, Syd-HK this time last year. Some of the world voyaging Cunarders were not overly impressed with some of the 'Strayans.' Shorts, t shirts and thongs in the theatre on formal nights does not go down too well with the tuxedo wearing Cunarders, nor does a tracksuit jacket in the Britannia MDR pretending to be a 'dark suit.' A minority mind you, but enough to have an impact.

:o Anyway, me being me, I had to post on that review.

Edited by NSWP

I can relate to the story when on QM2, Syd-HK this time last year. Some of the world voyaging Cunarders were not overly impressed with some of the 'Strayans.' Shorts, t shirts and thongs in the theatre on formal nights does not go down too well with the tuxedo wearing Cunarders, nor does a tracksuit jacket in the Britannia MDR pretending to be a 'dark suit.' A minority mind you, but enough to have an impact.

:o Anyway, me being me, I had to post on that review.

And yet on our cruise, there were a group from the UK which were doing the round trip which had stopped dressing for dinner and would only ever be in shorts, they said after 60 nights, they had had it. Like I said, if the staff do not enforce the rules, the people will see what they can get away with.

And yet on our cruise, there were a group from the UK which were doing the round trip which had stopped dressing for dinner and would only ever be in shorts, they said after 60 nights, they had had it. Like I said, if the staff do not enforce the rules, the people will see what they can get away with.

Oh dear Mic, did thou have 'Chavs' on your voyage? What did the Cunarders say? :o

Yes, I agree, some will do what they want if no enforcement of the codes/policies/rules, call them what you like.:halo: We have done a few cruises on P&O UK - Arcadia, Aurora and Oriana. 99% dressed correctly as on Cunard and a minority thought they were at a football match of the round ball variety.:evilsmile: OR at their local dive of a pub, not on the resplendent Queen Mary 2.:o

I’m at a loss as to how another passengers choice of clothing can spoil someone’s holiday, it’s not as if they were stark naked!

The atmosphere is ruined by the non conformity perhaps?

BTW Nakedness would create a very different atmosphere.;p

I’m at a loss as to how another passengers choice of clothing can spoil someone’s holiday, it’s not as if they were stark naked!

It don't look right, the ambience is not there. We must maintain the Cunard tradition, even in the Colonies. !!!:halo:

When I was on QM2 last March, more than a few pax dressed in shorts were refused entry to 1st sitting for MDR dinner, even though they told the MDR door staff their luggage had not reached their cabin and they embarked in shorts. A couple on our table on second night told us that, they were denied access on night 1.:o:(

So the moral of the story is....Embark Cunard Line in long strides, not shorts, in case thy luggage is delivered late. !!!

So the moral of the story is....Embark Cunard Line in long strides, not shorts, in case thy luggage is delivered late. !!!

Or carry a change of clothes in your carry-on. We do this on every cruise, just in case, and actually had to use them on our last cruise on Royal Princess as our bags arrived very late despite being checked in at 10:30AM.

Or carry a change of clothes in your carry-on. We do this on every cruise, just in case, and actually had to use them on our last cruise on Royal Princess as our bags arrived very late despite being checked in at 10:30AM.

Very sound advice, when we embark Sapphire Princess and Royal Princess at Southampton in a couple months, it could still be a bit nippy for the shorts, so I shall heed your warnings and board in black jeans, good enough for Princess MDR on day 1 at least:halo: