Price drop after final......no $$$ or OBC back..........DATE?

PH8

How do I "know" that it came from them? I don't. That's why I said earlier that it could have been from the TA as opposed to RCCL.

The whole point of this thread is that as far as anyone has ever reported, no one has ever gotten any OBC/refund on a price drop inside final when dealing directly with RCI - I think that is still true.

I called my TA and received OBC due to price drops that occurred AFTER the RCCL final payment date. This was in addition to any existing OBC. I still have the email confirmations that I brought with me on the cruises "just in case" the extra OBC didn't show up. My documentation is saved in individually named folders on my laptop, organized by year. In 2011, it was $1,200 in OBC. In 2013, it was $300 in OBC. In 2017, it was $600 in OBC. Last month, it was $200 in OBC. Do I need to send copies of those to you?

Sure,if you want to.;)

My only Royal cruise was a group-negotiated seminar cruise. In other words I have no dog in this hunt.

I am following the Royal board looking forward to a spring cruise on Majesty and holiday cruise on Adventure.

One thing I notice is numerous reports of inconsistensies various policies among the ships and between Royal's written policies and what happens at the point of interaction.

I do not doubt that those of you stating Royal's current policy are stating it correctly. But I also don't doubt some of you have gotten different results. As any of us who have worked a customer service job knows, it makes a difference who is manning the desk or answering the phone when it is your turn to ask for redress.

Thanks.

Vicki

I called my TA and received OBC due to price drops that occurred AFTER the RCCL final payment date. This was in addition to any existing OBC. I still have the email confirmations that I brought with me on the cruises "just in case" the extra OBC didn't show up. My documentation is saved in individually named folders on my laptop, organized by year. In 2011, it was $1,200 in OBC. In 2013, it was $300 in OBC. In 2017, it was $600 in OBC. Last month, it was $200 in OBC. Do I need to send copies of those to you?

Yes show the evidence I don’t believe it is a refund from Royal. Why are you the only one they will refund? Maybe you paid off the TA but it wasn’t actually Royals final pay date. TAs usually ask for final a week or two before.

We all know how inconsistent RCI is with their policies but this is one policy that they are consistent with. No matter who you talk to or what department you talk to they will not budge and give a refund or OBC AFTER FINAL PAYMENT DATE.

I’d be ok seeing the proof of a refund or OBC after final without cancelling, defaulting on deposit and rebooking.... anyone else?

I was just in this exact scenario and was told absolutely no.

I did however get upgraded from inside to ocean view. This of course had a $$ value. But it was not credited to me in OBC....

Per the rules of this board:

The mentioning of specific travel agents on the Cruise Critic forums is a violation of the Community Guidelines. This INCLUDES travel agencies that advertise on this web site. Also, giving hints of your travel agents name is prohibited. Asking someone to email you their travel agents name is also against the rules. Travel agent discussion must be general in nature. Violation of these rules can result in the suspension of your posting privileges.

I never dealt DIRECTLY with Royal Caribbean. I always dealt DIRECTLY with my TA; therefore, all OBC documentation is FROM my TA. While I certainly have the proof and am more than willing to post it on here, I am not willing to risk being suspended from the board just to prove to everyone that I am not lying.

I never dealt DIRECTLY with Royal Caribbean. I always dealt DIRECTLY with my TA; therefore, all OBC documentation is FROM my TA. While I certainly have the proof and am more than willing to post it on here, I am not willing to risk being suspended from the board just to prove to everyone that I am not lying.

Good idea......since your TA is illegally giving you so much OBC.......RCCL allows agents to rebate just a small amount and with those figures you gave,she is breaking the rules.......

Don't remember anyone ever saying that before......

Biker, who wishes his TA would give some illegal OBC.

Yes,RCCL has a guideline to how much an agent can offer..

I’d be ok seeing the proof of a refund or OBC after final without cancelling, defaulting on deposit and rebooking.... anyone else?

I was just in this exact scenario and was told absolutely no.

I did however get upgraded from inside to ocean view. This of course had a $$ value. But it was not credited to me in OBC....

There are only a couple of scenarios I could see happening. The TA took it out of their commission to keep the person as a customer, although $1200 is a lot more they would make in commission. Or cruise was paid off before actual cruiseline final payment and TA just tacked on as OBC.

On cruiselines where there is no OBC after final payment, and I am perfectly happy with my cabin, which I usually pick, I don’t check prices after final payment.

We cruised in fall of 2014. Price drop after final payment. So much so, we converted a JR Suite and Balcony to a Royal Family Suite, and the price was still almost $4K less.

NO refund. NO OBC, nothing, NADA.