Cruise ship brawl on voyager of the Seas - South Pacific Cruise

There were some instances of fighting on our cruise recently too - on Ovation of the Seas. Seems people can't handle deluxe drink packages? There were people being abusive to bar staff as well. Thankfully a small minority as I didn't witness this myself.

1% of the population are psychopaths.3000 pax means 30 psychos onboard.add booze and away you go,psychos seem to

all meet at the late night disco.suprising there is,nt more head banging,death threats ect from the 30 Pax onboard psychos each cruise !!!

1% of the population are psychopaths.3000 pax means 30 psychos onboard.add booze and away you go,psychos seem to

all meet at the late night disco.suprising there is,nt more head banging,death threats ect from the 30 Pax onboard psychos each cruise !!!

Not sure they actually have quotas for the number of psychos on each cruise but yes, there are bound to be some on every cruise.;p

Well they say that cruising is growing in popularity down here. That could mean a slightly higher risk of running into a psycho and / or bogan onboard.

It seems they are trying various lines.... could we have predict which ship would be next??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Evidence that the same behaviour is on RCL, despite the comments in the last threads that RCL was above this and it was just Carnival and P&O...

As mentioned before, saw rowdy, rude drunks on my last RCL cruise, who were a turn off to quite a few passengers onboard.

I think with cruises becoming cheaper and more plentiful, along with the booze packages that no normal human can actually consume to the fullest extent, and seemingly no requirement for bar staff at sea in Aus waters to adhere to Aus Responsible Service of Alcohol standards - the bar brawls are going to continue and probably increase.

along with the booze packages that no normal human can actually consume to the fullest extent,

This is a big one. I'm going on P&O later this year and i have 2 family members getting the top drinks package ($95 per day). They are planning on drinking a ton - you'd have to so you'd get any form of value out of these packages

Edited by Tejas57

Obviously there is some drunkenness aboard, but I cannot agree that it is totally due to alcohol packages. Some will drink heavily even with out the package, as in the carnival ships, which have no drink packages and the short P&O cruise which also do not offer drink packages. The bar staff are supposed to adhere to the responsible service of alcohol but like any policy if no one is policing the policy then incidents will occur. That said, I do believe that these incidents occur less frequently than if the same conditions were on land. i.e the same people drinking too much over many days in the same place every night, I am surprised there are not incidents every night.

Obviously there is some drunkenness aboard, but I cannot agree that it is totally due to alcohol packages. Some will drink heavily even with out the package, as in the carnival ships, which have no drink packages and the short P&O cruise which also do not offer drink packages. The bar staff are supposed to adhere to the responsible service of alcohol but like any policy if no one is policing the policy then incidents will occur. That said, I do believe that these incidents occur less frequently than if the same conditions were on land. i.e the same people drinking too much over many days in the same place every night, I am surprised there are not incidents every night.

Maybe, But I can;t help but think that drinks packages encourage drinking. If your paying $95 a day for a drinks package your going to want to get "your moneys worth"

Drinks packages like this are banned (at least in Queensland) under licensing laws

Liquor Act 1992 - Section 142ZZC

© a promotion that is likely to indicate to an ordinary person the availability of liquor, for consumption on the advertised premises, at a price less than that normally charged for the liquor. Examples of promotions for © include:

• 'happy hours'
  • 'all you can drink'
  • 'toss the boss'.

I get that these ships are in internarional waters and local laws do not apply but there are extremly good reasons for the above law

Maybe, But I can;t help but think that drinks packages encourage drinking. If your paying $95 a day for a drinks package your going to want to get "your moneys worth"

Yes I think one should not under estimate the psychological effect of prepaid packages. I have heard many times people say "well I am on holiday and I just want to get my moneys worth":rolleyes:. I do think there are people who will drink heavily no matter what but IME they deliberately seek out travel packages that have a generous drink allowance, so I think there is an argument to getting rid of alcohol drink packages.

Obviously there is some drunkenness aboard, but I cannot agree that it is totally due to alcohol packages.

I don't believe anyone has claimed it is "totally" due to packages.

However, many incidents, especially the most major ones are due to a number of contributing factors that, when combined, bring the incident about. I daresay packages fall into that category.

Drinks packages like this are banned (at least in Queensland) under licensing laws

Liquor Act 1992 - Section 142ZZC

© a promotion that is likely to indicate to an ordinary person the availability of liquor, for consumption on the advertised premises, at a price less than that normally charged for the liquor. Examples of promotions for © include:

• 'happy hours'
  • 'all you can drink'
  • 'toss the boss'.

I get that these ships are in internarional waters and local laws do not apply but there are extremly good reasons for the above law

Except local laws do have an effect and some cruises don't offer drink packages. And yet incidents still occur

I don't believe anyone has claimed it is "totally" due to packages.

However, many incidents, especially the most major ones are due to a number of contributing factors that, when combined, bring the incident about. I daresay packages fall into that category.

Carnival don't have packages and yet they had the big incident which has brought others into the spotlight. Personally, I think that it is the certain type of people and alcohol fuelling their bravado rather than the alcohol itself.

Not sure they actually have quotas for the number of psychos on each cruise but yes, there are bound to be some on every cruise.;p

Statistics say 1 in every 10 people are bat **** crazy .... have a look around, chances are if you can't spot that one person - you are it!! :cool:

Statistics say 1 in every 10 people are bat **** crazy .... have a look around, chances are if you can't spot that one person - you are it!! :cool:

Problem is when you think the other 9 are crazy as they are all looking at you.;p