Port of Miami Parking at 8300 NW 7th

Mr&MrsBee

If you search these boards you'll find numerous horror stories about off-site parking in Miami and lots of suggestions from locals to only park at POM. Parking at POM is covered, convenient and secure. It's your car - do you feel lucky? :confused:

Yes I realize you were asking about feedback about that parking lot.

I just wanted you to be aware it really is not a good idea to park in lots other then at the port.

I did look at the Better Business Bureau site and there were four complaints since 2015; two involve damage to the vehicles.

These are the two.

Keith

01/19/2016

Problems with Product / Service

Complaint

On 12/12/2015 I picked up my car from the Miami lot and my rear bumper had some

damage I filled out a claim form there but have not been contacted.

On 12/12/2015 I picked up my car from the Miami lot and my rear bumper had some

damage I filled out a claim form there but have not been contacted. ... (Show More of Complaint)

Desired Settlement

I would like to get reimbursed for repair of bumper

06/02/2015

Problems with Product / Service

Complaint

Reserve parking while on the cruise for two cars ********-Benz GL450 and E-350 online premierparkingusa.com from April 14, 2015 till April 11, 2015.Drop off 2 cars at 8300 NW 7th Ave, Miami, FL XXXXX.Got receipts, asked about liability coverage, been told this business is covered for any damages occurred during parking.At pick up time noticed scratch and dent on the front passenger **** of ********-Benz E350.Called manager named ******* who made claim report and took pictures and promised to contact me back in 48 hours after investigation of an accident. Since April 11, 2015 nobody contacted me. I made several attempts to contact 8300 Park and Ride business( spoke to *****) and been told that they will contact me in 24 hours and reimburse for damages to my car they made. Did not hear from them since then.I am ready to provide all supported information to resolve this issue.

Product_Or_Service: park and ride service

Order_Number: XXXXXX (Show Less of Complaint)

Desired Settlement

I would like to get reimbursed for future repair of dented and scratched door of my car

That lot on NW 7th Ave could be IN the sheriff's building and it wouldn't be any safer. That's just not a safe part of town. If you spend thousands to go on a cruise, parking at the port for $22 a day is worth the price.

I lived and worked in downtown Miami for the past 23 years. We always parked at the port. When the sun goes down in Miami, the vandals come out. Just the way it is. Be safe.

Edited by Diver2014

In all likelihood your car will be fine. Though that lot is not in the best area of town to put it nicely. Its an area of town that I will be fine driving through at night, but I would not walk around there.

Not only that, but then you need to deal with shuttles to and from the port. waiting for vans to fill up etc.. The port parking is SO EASY! That it is worth the money. What will you save parking there? $70? Maybe $100? Is that worth the hassle and extra risk of not parking your car a few hundred feet from the cruise ship?

I asked for comments on parking at 8300 nw 7th ave. Thank you.

Direct answer:

It is the epicenter of cracktown.

You want to risk being seen in that neighborhood loading luggage in and out of your vehicle, make sure your life insurance is up to date. And warn your next of kin.

You're welcome.

Direct answer:

You want to risk being seen in that neighborhood loading luggage in and out of your vehicle, make sure your life insurance is up to date. And warn your next of kin.

You're welcome.

It is not that bad of an area. NW-7th ave is a very busy street, even at 2am its pretty busy.

Thank you for your comments. In looking at the map I noticed Cooper's Hawk Winery is about 3 miles away. Their stores are generally in upscale neighborhoods.

The only Cooper's Hawk Winery in central Miami is in Doral, a suburb west of the airport. Per google maps it is 10.5 miles from the inner city parking location you continue to try to justify despite the above responses. Makes we wonder why you asked if you have already made up your mind.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cooper's+Hawk+Winery+%26+Restaurants,+3585+Northwest+83rd+ave,+Doral,+FL+33122/8300+NW+7th+Ave,+Miami,+FL/@25.8151851,-80.3022361,13z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9b97ce584c501:0xa0ed7c273325d65!2m2!1d-80.3305036!2d25.8096127!1m5!1m1!1s0x88d9b1754f01b55b:0xee3a4aec024e7060!2m2!1d-80.2093432!2d25.8508738!3e0?hl=en

If you believe the two addresses to be close by then you are getting 'street' and 'avenue' mixed up.

Thank you for your comments. In looking at the map I noticed Cooper's Hawk Winery is about 3 miles away. Their stores are generally in upscale neighborhoods.

No, wrong location. The Cooper's Hawk Winery is at 3585 NW 83rd Ave in Doral, west of Miami Airport; very nice area. The parking lot is 8300 NW 7th Ave, a very undesirable neighborhood in Miami, and 20 minutes north of PortMiami.

Regardless of there being no Coppers Hawk anywhere near that address a matter of blocks can make a big difference. Within a 5-10min drive there are safe neighborhoods with million dollar homes.

As everyone is saying that specific location is not known as a safe or desirable area.

That lot on NW 7th Ave could be IN the sheriff's building and it wouldn't be any safer. That's just not a safe part of town. If you spend thousands to go on a cruise, parking at the port for $22 a day is worth the price.

I lived and worked in downtown Miami for the past 23 years. We always parked at the port. When the sun goes down in Miami, the vandals come out. Just the way it is. Be safe.

I laughed out loud at this. So true.

Direct answer:

You're welcome.

Good God you've got locals telling you NOT to use that lot and you still insist on using it?

It's in a horrible part of town, it isn't just the criminals you need to worry about but the employees that run the lot.

Thank you all for your comments. Will not park at this location. Locals know best. Will look for a hotel with stay and cruise. Again. Thank you.

Another local chiming in, you've made a good decision.

The area is changing as new buildings are going up, but it's not where I would park my car at night!

Thank you all for your comments. Will not park at this location. Locals know best. Will look for a hotel with stay and cruise. Again. Thank you.

Not sure where in FLA you are coming from, but it's worth comparing two one way rentals to the cost of a hotel/parking package or parking at POM