Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I went to the Royal Caribbean main page and clicked on log in as I usually do. But a new blue page came up to sign in with username or email then password. It wouldn’t accept my original password as it had only 7 letters, so tried a combination of user name and email with new password to no avail.

Hi Megsie - you might like to try this link using your old username / password combo...

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

Regards...

Our 4 winter cruises are over. Glad we aren't going again until December, maybe they'll have a functional website by then.

At any other business heads would roll for a mess like this. At RCCL the IT department has probably received cash awards for screwing up yet again.

Modern technology strikes again. We have to cruise to erase the stress booking the cruise lays on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not modern technology. It's Royal Caribbean's idiocy and total lack of respect for their customers. Sadly, nothing new.

... At any other business heads would roll for a mess like this. At RCCL the IT department has probably received cash awards for screwing up yet again.

Sad, but probably true.:rolleyes:

Still unable to log in the the RCI site. I keep getting the following message.

We're unable to complete your request, so please try again later.

Doug

I got that until I clicked the “forgot password” link and reset my password. I also had to switch to my email address to login, not userid.

I don't know everything that's been posted and I'm not going to go back and reread all these posts but this is a work around that is working for me at least. The steps below allow you to not have to log in each time you wish to reference more than one of your cruises. Just tried it before I wrote this. Some of this may have already been mentioned.

1) Here is a backdoor url to the Royal website, https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do Pretty sure this has been mentioned in a number of posts.

2) After you get to the "My Cruises" page, immediately copy the https address at the top of your browser.

3) Click on whichever one of your cruises that you want to do whatever it is you want to do from the "PURCHASED & HELD CRUISES" list.

4) When you're finished doing whatever you did with the cruise you're currently referencing, go to the https address at the top of your browser and paste the address you copied from the "My Cruises" page in step 2. That will take you back to "My Cruises" where you can now click on another one of your cruises you may want to reference.

Again, it this procedure has been mentioned in any previous posts, my apologies. Like I mentioned earlier, this works for me and I just wanted to share.

I'm really hoping that the IT staff at Royal isn't patting themselves on the back and congratulating themselves for a job well done yet. There is still a lot missing and a lot of unnecessary extra effort needed to navigate from cruise to cruise. Time will tell, I guess.

Tim

. After several minutes I was told that as soon as my room was released I would get it, that the system would automatically assign the room to me and I would get an email with a new confirmation.

I was tempted to say, don't count on it, they will find a way to mess it up. Then I remembered I've been wanting to do a corner aft balcony on a Radiance class ship for several years and missed out once. 700 days ago I booked my room and for a few days this week, I couldn't see the reservation. I was sweating it! Looks like I still have it, but I'll believe it at check-in.

Through the Mexican site it takes you through to the old RCI web site except in Spanish. There you can change preferences, view your past cruise history and do everything you always you could do. Accessing cruise planner brings you tot he English site where you have no issues doing anything you used to do.

I'm still waiting for this new system to remove the "one night" cruise Royal assigned to my list of cruises.

I have one too. I called them and they told me it was a future cruise credit we bought on a past cruise. You might want to check with them to see if that is the same thing for you. If it is' date=' then it will be stay there until you convert it to a full cruise.[/font']

Hi Megsie - you might like to try this link using your old username / password combo...

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/mycruises/processLogin.do

Regards...

Thanks so much, the link worked. Just a bit worried about our 2 bookings and our C&A points - all there (Diamond plus after our next cruise in 3 weeks) :D

Through the Mexican site it takes you through to the old RCI web site except in Spanish. There you can change preferences, view your past cruise history and do everything you always you could do. Accessing cruise planner brings you tot he English site where you have no issues doing anything you used to do.
When I tried to change preferences I was sent to the new blue screen sign in page....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I can only think about the 1,000’s of people who do not know about this site and are struggling to sign into their account. The new to Royal cruisers who have no idea what’s going on.

I can log in (now) and see my cruises. But, I wasn’t able to find all my previous purchases - drink package and excursions, etc. Luckily I have time - enough time for them to mess it up again!

The good: pages look like they were designed this millennium. Pages look like they will render well on phones.

The bad: you can't look at the details for your upcoming cruises (ie what day are you in what port), just pay for them. When I try to go into Cruise Planner it throws a 'bad request' error. The first couple of times I was clicking around it didn't have my C&A number, then it appeared.

I'm all for making pages mobile friendly, but the pages have to work.

I’m sorry, but that is what you have apps for, to render the information in a format better suited for a mobile device. What they seemingly have done is reformat their browser UI to something that looks awful in a browser while also removing most of the functionality that used to be there.

There’s an ongoing poll on another site, current numbers -

Hate the new RC website - 420

Don’t mind either RC site - 81

Love the new RC website - 17

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It seems they still haven't discovered that they left "Galveston" off of the search the main page. If you click "Leaving from anywhere"....there's no Galveston option (and all the other states are lowercase, a pet peeve of mine).

I wonder how much business they will lose because they didn't bother to glance at the available options?

Glad that some of you can get on line. I’ve changed my password at least 20 times, received confirmation that my password was changed, but still can’t get in. I just called and spoke with a supervisor who said it may be 2 weeks until the problems ares solved and everyone is able to log in.

No other corporation works like this. I worked for a major brokerage and international bank and if we had an upgrade that didn’t work, we’d immediately back it out and go to the previous site.

Wow, cruise leaves in 37 days and I can’t even see my cruise. Says it doesn’t recognize cruise ID. Pitiful! Thank goodness the onboard staff are better than the IT department. They all need to be fired and hire a complete new staff. Bring back the old one until you get this fixed. Not everyone has time to deal with your ineptitude!