The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

2 hours ago, cricketgirl said:

I apologize if these questions have been answered before, but I have not been able to determine a few pieces of information.  I'm hoping someone may be able to answer the following:

1) Can you make reservations for lunch at the Rooftop Garden Grill?  I haven't been able to figure out how to do so on my cruise planner (only dinner times are available).  Our cruise only has one sea day so I imagine this restaurant will fill up quickly for lunch.

2) Is a brunch going to be offered at Eden?  I thought I read this somewhere but perhaps this has changed.  Does anyone have any information on this?  Can you reserve this prior to your cruise?

3) I understand that there are two menus offered for Le Petit Chef - one main menu that matches the animation, and a second option that won't go along with the show on your plate.  Does anyone know if you can select items from both menus?  For example, I can't eat shellfish so would need to order my first course from menu #2, but I would prefer my third course to be the filet mignon from menu #1. Does anyone know if this is allowed?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

1) No, we can't make lunch reservations ahead of time and probably not onboard. My guess is that it will be first come first served. We will likely just need to head up there early. :classic_smile:

2) Yes, brunch will be offered in Eden (or at least was planned to be a few months ago). I spoke with a Celebrity rep quite a while ago about that and she said it would be announced onboard, if it was going to occur on that cruise.  I would ask your waiter or maitre'd about it the first night and maybe they can give you a date and sign you up.

3) I think that I read somewhere that it was one or the other, but it could vary by ship (maybe different rules). You could try to ask Ivana at Celebrity (dining exec for Edge):  ivrhovec@rccl.com

On 10/25/2018 at 8:13 AM, hcat said:

Thanks..,very helpful...maybe they will have a special lunch there on a Sea Day?

We'd sign up for that...those special lunches  usually have a  limited menu  but are really nice.,esp on a sea day.    We always look for them or ask our waiters  as they get credit for signing folks up...

Would also like a  special paired menu in the pvt dining room!

Our minds are in sync.,I thought an outdoor dining / bar thread would be timely and appreciated by many of us,

Oh, I like the idea of a special lunch there! I'll check into that! Will add to the list....

Another question for all, does anyone have the name and/or email address for the person(s) in charge of cuisine on The Edge?

I have a few questions to ask directly about dining aboard.

TIA - bo1953

10 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Another question for all, does anyone have the name and/or email address for the person(s) in charge of cuisine on The Edge?

I have a few questions to ask directly about dining aboard.

TIA - bo1953

Hi Bo- it’s Ivana (or was a few months ago). Email is in post 451 at the end (sorry my iPhone didn’t want to copy it).

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Hi Bo- it’s Ivana (or was a few months ago). Email is in post 451 at the end (sorry my iPhone didn’t want to copy it).

v - Thank you, I will reach out to her. I thought her responsibilities centered around reservations only, yet will email her directly.

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

v - Thank you, I will reach out to her. I thought her responsibilities centered around reservations only, yet will email her directly.

bon voyage

I just found an email I had from her and her title is “Administrator Edge/Restaurant Operations. “

She has been very nice when I’ve reached out to her in the past. 

7 hours ago, Littlegov said:

I e mailed ivanna three days ago and haven’t received a response yet.

When I emailed her, it took a few days. Here is another email addresses you could try:

CelebrityDining@celebrity.com

I have also have had good luck with:  celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Now that people have sailed a few times out on the Edge, can someone confirm/deny the way the four main dining rooms work? If you have traditional seating, are you locked in to one main dining room and do not get to try the other three?  If you have select dining, you can go to any of the 4 main dining rooms?  

THANKS in ADVANCE:)

1 hour ago, MamaChach said:

Now that people have sailed a few times out on the Edge, can someone confirm/deny the way the four main dining rooms work? If you have traditional seating, are you locked in to one main dining room and do not get to try the other three?  If you have select dining, you can go to any of the 4 main dining rooms?  

THANKS in ADVANCE:)

The threads below give some info on the MDRs from people who have eaten in them. When I was onboard, I only ate in one of the MDRs once and it was a very good experience. 

If you have Select, you can pre-book the 4 MDRs  once they show up on your cruise planner.  If you have traditional dining, they will assign you to one dining room and the assignment will be in your cabin when you board. You may be able to try the other dining rooms, if they have availability, but if you really want to try all 4, I would recommend Select dining, since the others may not be available if you have traditional. :classic_smile:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2614513-edge-main-dining-rooms/

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 9:34 PM, Lastdance said:

I also did my specialty dinners for my upcoming Reflection Cruise at the end of April for just my DH and myself. I had to email Domy Valdes for those.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi - What is Domy's email address.  We will be on the Reflection Sep 30 celebrating our 40th anniversary and would like to schedule a few specialty restaurants.

Thanks

1 hour ago, taylortime05 said:

Hi - What is Domy's email address.  We will be on the Reflection Sep 30 celebrating our 40th anniversary and would like to schedule a few specialty restaurants.

Thanks

His email is: domyvaldes@rccl.com   Hope he is still there.  Happy 40th Anniversary!