The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

thank you - fascinating! [emoji4]

any idea on what day would this experience will be offered? for some reason I though Wednesday was mentioned somewhere but can't find any referencing now - I am blond after all, so need to check! :)

I hadn’t heard that there would be a particular day. I’ll have to look for that post since I booked Le Grand Bistro for a Saturday night hoping to do Le Petit Chef. Hopefully I can switch things around when I get onboard if it is a different day ( if they even do it on the preview cruises).

BTW, some of the most intelligent people are blondes.[emoji2]

I read that it would be offered one or two nights per cruise, but I haven’t seen anything indicating which nights they might be.

Thanks for posting this link. I hadn’t seen the dessert one:).I agree that it may be amusing to try once, but we’ll want to see the menu before booking. I don’t care for lobster, and that was the entree on one of the videos.

I hadn’t heard that there would be a particular day. I’ll have to look for that post since I booked Le Grand Bistro for a Saturday night hoping to do Le Petit Chef. Hopefully I can switch things around when I get onboard if it is a different day ( if they even do it on the preview cruises).

BTW, some of the most intelligent people are blondes.[emoji2]

ha, I will have to remember quoting the blonds' intelligence :)

I really do not want to mislead anybody for I am not sure why I was thinking it was Wednesday. We are booked for a day which is not Wednesday (think Tuesday) on our second of B2B cruises - am hoping to be able to switch to Le Petit if it's offered. There is definitely no option to prebook it as all days show a standard cover charge without this $30 or so extra.

so, does that mean that they only offer it once and everyone gets the same meal?

I've written Ivana and she was very limited on info...I have 16 that want to do this, was thinking of booking

2 tables of 8...but now looking at the video of the lobster it looks like a cute aspect to the meal but not sure it's

worth $30 plus if everyone has to get the same dish?

Challenge is that we all jump on this stuff right away and they're still figuring it out???:confused:

so, does that mean that they only offer it once and everyone gets the same meal?

I've written Ivana and she was very limited on info...I have 16 that want to do this, was thinking of booking

2 tables of 8...but now looking at the video of the lobster it looks like a cute aspect to the meal but not sure it's

Challenge is that we all jump on this stuff right away and they're still figuring it out???:confused:

I think it was stated one or twice per cruise. Also, there was a mentioning somewhere about two separate menus so you and a person next to you may be watching different things. Sadly, it is too hard (and time consuming) trying to find where I saw this

I would not expect to be able to obtain MDR dishes in Luminae on Edge-Class ships - especially non always available type dishes as the kitchens are very, very far away from one another (whereas on M-Class and S-Class ships Luminae and the MDR essentially share a kitchen). Likewise specialty restaurant dishes should not be expected in Luminae; yest there have been isolated reports of such requests being accommodated (usually to those in Royal and Penthouse suites), it is really something above-and-beyond rather than policy. I do agree that if one has not experienced Luminae before, might be wise to save some $$$ and stick mainly with Luminae rather than trying a lot of the specialty venues and missing out on some Luminae meals. On other ships Luminae is as good (if not better) than the specialty restaurants IMHO.

100% agree. We tried each of the specialty restaurants before there was a Luminae. They were good, but Luminae is a cut above. The waitstaff is superb: professional and personable like family. Each night has a different menu: it starts with an amuse bouche, then a starter (several choices, always an amazing soup as one of them), an entrée (every night a meat, a fish, a fowl, a veggie, and another like a pork), a pre-dessert palate cleanser, then dessert (we aren't dessert people but these are so good we order all three to "share"). If you are on a longer voyage, one of the desserts will be the "Chocolate Sphere" and OMG you do *not* want to miss it!! :p It's a casually elegant dining experience, not froo-froo with cocked pinkies. I will say, though, that if you are on a schedule, i.e., you want to the attend the 8 PM trivia contest, you need to let them know. It's a meal to be enjoyed leisurely.

I hadn't thought about the location of Luminae on Edge but that's a great point about kitchen location and the ability to order from the MDR menu.

So, they have started doing Le Petit Chef in Qsine on the Reflection on chic nights (reported by chemmo yesterday). She loved it and all the people who responded to her on the thread that had done it said they enjoyed the entertainment and the food. Here are chemo's comments about how it works:

"Le petit chef est magnifique!

Thoroughly enjoyed our experience last night. Often one can experience ‘fun dining’ but it is often at the expense of getting good food. Last night we had both.

I really don’t want to say too much about the presentation as it would spoil the surprise but it really did surpass our expectations!

The food is a set five course meal with an alternative menu if you have any food allergies/ dislikes....If you don’t go with the set menu then the presentation will not match the food. "

So it sounds like if you don't go with the set menu, Le Petit Chef presentation won't match what you are eating. I'll ask her about the menu - hopefully it will be something most would like (although watching the presentation would still be fun, even if it isn't what you are eating). :)

vtcruising,

Thank you so much!

I watched the 'lobster' video and realized everyone was eating the same meal...so now the question is:

1) is it only on specific nights and 2) how do we find out what's on the menu?

Interesting that they would do it in Qsine, with such a varied menu there it seems like it would restrict the choices, so you'd need to go again!!! I organized a large cc group on Eclipse in June at Qsine, I was the only one who had

done it before (on 5 different ships) and it was such a disappointment! Service was terrible! From start to finish...which I had never experienced before. And when I left a review, there was no response (on Equinox, when we made any type of comment it was addressed immediately!).

Anxious to get info of any kind on how this works and how to go about planning for it! ;)

vtcruising,

Thank you so much!

I watched the 'lobster' video and realized everyone was eating the same meal...so now the question is:

1) is it only on specific nights and 2) how do we find out what's on the menu?

Interesting that they would do it in Qsine, with such a varied menu there it seems like it would restrict the choices, so you'd need to go again!!! I organized a large cc group on Eclipse in June at Qsine, I was the only one who had

done it before (on 5 different ships) and it was such a disappointment! Service was terrible! From start to finish...which I had never experienced before. And when I left a review, there was no response (on Equinox, when we made any type of comment it was addressed immediately!).

Anxious to get info of any kind on how this works and how to go about planning for it! ;)

I'll see what chemmo says about the menu they had, in answer to my question. It may be totally different than the usual Qsine menu for those nights. Everyone said the food was wonderful. I suspect that the one on the Edge at Le Grand Bistro will not have Qsine food. Hopefully will have French flair since in a French restaurant.

I am wondering if they will even do it on the preview cruises since they are only 3 nights. If not, I'll try to do it in January. It looks like fun and it was good to hear that the food was good as well on the Reflection.

I'll see what chemmo says about the menu they had, in answer to my question. It may be totally different than the usual Qsine menu for those nights. Everyone said the food was wonderful. I suspect that the one on the Edge at Le Grand Bistro will not have Qsine food. Hopefully will have French flair since in a French restaurant.

I am wondering if they will even do it on the preview cruises since they are only 3 nights. If not, I'll try to do it in January. It looks like fun and it was good to hear that the food was good as well on the Reflection.

Chemmo responded to my question about the menu for Le Petit Chef on the Reflection this week in Qsine.

"The menu was Bouillabaisse, lobster, fillet mignon, a rice pudding brûlée? and finally ice cream. There was a second menu if anyone had allergies or dislikes but this then didn’t follow the ‘story’."

So looks like it is not the Qsine menu.

Chemmo responded to my question about the menu for Le Petit Chef on the Reflection this week in Qsine.

"The menu was Bouillabaisse, lobster, fillet mignon, a rice pudding brûlée? and finally ice cream. There was a second menu if anyone had allergies or dislikes but this then didn’t follow the ‘story’."

So looks like it is not the Qsine menu.

This menu includes three of the items seen individually in the three videos that some of us have posted on various threads in recent weeks. I hadn’t realized they might be parts of one meal.

This menu includes three of the items seen individually in the three videos that some of us have posted on various threads in recent weeks. I hadn’t realized they might be parts of one meal.

Yes, I have seen 2 or 3 so far. I think I will stop and be surprised for the rest.

Looks like a great menu - I can see why it is $55 - a 5 course dinner and a show! :D

Yes, I have seen 2 or 3 so far. I think I will stop and be surprised for the rest.

Looks like a great menu - I can see why it is $55 - a 5 course dinner and a show! :D

I’ve seen three videos, featuring beef, lobster, and ice cream respectively. I’m not fond of the canonical lobster with drawn butter, but knowing it’s only one of the courses, I’ll ask for lemon wedges and give it a go;p

I’ve seen three videos, featuring beef, lobster, and ice cream respectively. I’m not fond of the canonical lobster with drawn butter, but knowing it’s only one of the courses, I’ll ask for lemon wedges and give it a go;p

Yes, those are the 3 videos I have seen too. Chemmo said there was lots of giggling during the dinner. I should be fun. We love cold water lobster, which is what that looked like. I hope the 5 courses are all small portions - will just have to skip lunch that day! ;)

Yes, those are the 3 videos I have seen too. Chemmo said there was lots of giggling during the dinner. I should be fun. We love cold water lobster, which is what that looked like. I hope the 5 courses are all small portions - will just have to skip lunch that day! ;)

Oh no! We cannot skip lunch. We must use our time wisely, or we’ll never be able to properly investigate all the Edge venues:D. I shall carry on, diligently “testing” as many Edge menus as humanly possible, right up to the moment they shove me off the ship in Southampton:').

Oh no! We cannot skip lunch. We must use our time wisely, or we’ll never be able to properly investigate all the Edge venues:D. I shall carry on, diligently “testing” as many Edge menus as humanly possible, right up to the moment they shove me off the ship in Southampton:').

I think they will be rolling me off! :D

I think they will be rolling me off! :D

Too bad we’re not on the same cruise. We four could waddle off to the nearest pub to compare notes;p.

On another subject, I’m looking forward to trying some of the items on the Bistro’s regular menu:). Even the salad lol.

For us Q sine was a one time fun and done expetience, as we prefer a cohesive meal...but the decor was very cutesie, and food was excellent with very attentive service. The i pad ordering was gimmicky, wasted alot of time for the explanation. Our waiter actually wrote our orders down on paper.

I think the Bistro with show will appeal to some but we are much more looking forward to the Steakhouse for the b day Celebration... and rooftop garden dining.

Too bad we’re not on the same cruise. We four could waddle off to the nearest pub to compare notes;p.

On another subject, I’m looking forward to trying some of the items on the Bistro’s regular menu:). Even the salad lol.

Maybe we will cruise together some day. [emoji2]

Yes, even the La Salade Lutoff named after LLP sounds good. [emoji6]

For us Q sine was a one time fun and done expetience, as we prefer a cohesive meal...but the decor was very cutesie, and food was excellent with very attentive service. The i pad ordering was gimmicky, wasted alot of time for the explanation. Our waiter actually wrote our orders down on paper.

I think the Bistro with show will appeal to some but we are much more looking forward to the Steakhouse for the b day Celebration... and rooftop garden dining.

The Steakhouse looks amazing! We have a reservation there on Thanksgiving. Sure beats turkey!! :D

We’ve not tried Qsine. We’d heard it was best with a group, and the rest of our group was uninterested. We may try it one day. I expect the Le Petit Chef meal may be a one and done with us, but we are interested in trying the various Edge offerings at least once. The regular Bistro menu is nothing like Qsine’s, and it interests us as a place to have lunch when we’re in the mood for a served meal instead of OVC. We’ll try the steakhouse, rooftop garden and Eden for our specialty dinners (three-night package). You’re on one of the earlier sailings, right? I hope you’ll post your impressions. We’re on the first TA.

Have tried a search but no luck. Can someone point me in the direction to find menus for the new speciality restaurants (Edge). Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you look at the first post of this thread you will see links to all of the restaurant menus. [emoji2]

Edited by vtcruising

I was looking at info about the Rooftop Garden yesterday and it mentioned that a screen would be up there, with related activities to be announced. I am thinking MUTS and dinner and movie nights? I guess I missed that before.

It does look like a nice space, with a place for live music and people singing and playing instruments in the trees. I keep thinking about the movie “What About Mary” and the guy singing and playing the guitar in the trees. [emoji2]