The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

I have the impression that Q sine is being phased out..replaced by Petit Chef..at least on non Edge ships..see main board cc threads

Seems it is popular...leaves me shaking my head????

Didn’t read the entire thread so excuse me if this has been asked. I noticed at Eden they are going to offer a Brunch, wonder if this will be daily, on a particular day or special occasions.

Interesting...I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I will email Ivana (Edge dining guru) and see if she has that info. Thanks!!

Interesting...I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I will email Ivana (Edge dining guru) and see if she has that info. Thanks!!

I found it in the cruise planner this morning, its in the page you go to where it says what meals they are open for and the dress code, etc. Can't get to it right now, web site won't allow me in.

I found it in the cruise planner this morning, its in the page you go to where it says what meals they are open for and the dress code, etc. Can't get to it right now, web site won't allow me in.

Yes, I do see it now. I checked every day of the cruise planners and it isn't listed for booking. I emailed Ivana so will see what she says. Another interesting Edge dining option!

I heard back from Ivana - not much info, but at least we know where things stand for now:

Hello,

Hope all is well!

Brunch in Eden will be executed on the ship and it’s not something that we plan on making pre-cruise available. It’s still in development so there is not a lot of information out, but the rumor is correct.

Kind Regards,

Ivana Vrhovec

Administrator Edge| Restaurant Operations

Celebrity Cruises | 1050 Caribbean Way | Miami, FL 33132

<a href="mailto:ivrhovec@rccl.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">ivrhovec@rccl.com | <a href="about:blank" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">www.celebritycruises.com

I heard back from Ivana - not much info, but at least we know where things stand for now:

Hello,

Hope all is well!

Brunch in Eden will be executed on the ship and it’s not something that we plan on making pre-cruise available. It’s still in development so there is not a lot of information out, but the rumor is correct.

Kind Regards,

Ivana Vrhovec

Administrator Edge| Restaurant Operations

Celebrity Cruises | 1050 Caribbean Way | Miami, FL 33132

<a href="mailto:ivrhovec@rccl.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">ivrhovec@rccl.com | <a href="about:blank" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">www.celebritycruises.com

That’s for the info

Excuse the newbie ignorance and if this has been answered already but 1)how far in advance can we book dining?

2) Do suite guests book a time for dining?

We are all new to the Edge, so don't hesitate to ask questions! :D

People are able to book dining reservations for the MDR (Select Dining) and specialty restaurants now for my December and January cruises. I'm not sure how far out the reservations are open. I would go to your cruise planner on the Celebrity website and see what is available to book under dining.

If you are in a suite, Luminae will be your main restaurant and you can just show up when you wish. You may need to wait a few minutes for a table at times, but we have rarely waited for a table at Luminae, unless we were waiting for a window table. Eating at Luminae is a wonderful experience! :D

We are all new to the Edge, so don't hesitate to ask questions! :D

I would go to your cruise planner on the Celebrity website and see what is available to book under dining.

!:D

Thank you! I have never cruised before at all and literally feel like the most ignorant person ever. :o So here goes:

What is a cruise planner and how do I find it?( I have booked a 2019 cruise via phone. )

Thank you! I have never cruised before at all and literally feel like the most ignorant person ever. :o So here goes:

What is a cruise planner and how do I find it?( I have booked a 2019 cruise via phone. )

You will need to go to the Celebrity website:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/

Once on there, you can set up an account so you can access your reservation (upper right hand corner, I believe). Once you have an account, you can add your cruise booking number. Once you add your cruise, you should be able to access your reservation and book dining, spa, shore excursions, etc. through the Cruise Planner that will show up in your reservation.

Don't be discouraged if the website is wonky - they just modified it and it has been a bit finicky the last few days. Good luck and happy planning! :D

Thanks again vtcruising! I really find this all so confusing . I literally just analyzed complicated US Supreme Court cases for work with no difficulty but I cannot figure out dining on the Edge!

Do I want a specialty dining package? I assume so of I want to eat in several of the specialty restaurants. Is there a reason not to get the package?

I see some specialty restaurants listed but not others. Is this because it’s too early to book those ones?

Thanks again vtcruising! I really find this all so confusing . I literally just analyzed complicated US Supreme Court cases for work with no difficulty but I cannot figure out dining on the Edge!

Do I want a specialty dining package? I assume so of I want to eat in several of the specialty restaurants. Is there a reason not to get the package?

I see some specialty restaurants listed but not others. Is this because it’s too early to book those ones?

No worries, it is confusing to figure out. You have time to learn about everything.

I personally did not get a specialty restaurant package because I wouldn't be able to make reservations until I get on the ship. You save money, but you may not get what you want for reservations onboard. If you pay the full price now, you can book online. And to make it even more confusing, some people don't buy packages and wait to book onboard because they sometimes give discounts. Being a new class of ship, with new venues, I chose to book ahead and get the dates and times that I want so I can be sure experience all of the venues. There may end up being no problem getting reservations with the packages. I think you just have to make a choice between cost vs. having firm reservations.

Are you in a suite? If so, what type of suite? I only ask because upper suites have free specialty dining.

Which restaurants are you missing? If you want to do Dinner on the Edge, Magic Carpet or Le Petit Chef, you have to book onboard. The others should be on the Cruise Planner.

Did you see this summary of the venues? If not, it might help. :D

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

Vtcruising. Ahhh that’s so helpful. We are booked for now in a sky suite. Almost everything else is sold out. We might try to move up to a celebrity suite if one not so far forward becomes available ( though maybe they all are?? Ignorance again. Lol)

Vtcruising. Ahhh that’s so helpful. We are booked for now in a sky suite. Almost everything else is sold out. We might try to move up to a celebrity suite if one not so far forward becomes available ( though maybe they all are?? Ignorance again. Lol)

Yes, all of the Celebrity Suites on the Edge are forward, some more than others. If you want the free specialty dining, you will need at least a royal suite.

FYI, in any suite, you will have some preference for getting your specialty dining reservations, with a better chance of getting what you ask for in the upper suites, most likely. If you have a dining package you can hand your list of desired restaurants, dates and times to your butler when you board and he/she will make the reservations. The Retreat Concierge can also help with that kind of thing, but they are usually quite busy the first day so I would hand the list to the butler.

Here is a nice reference about suite perks:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/17057213_Suites_Amenities_Grid_2017.pdf

Hopefully you will go back to work today and take care of "easier" issues. ;)

Edited by vtcruising

We are booked on a Greek Islands Cruise on Sep. 9, 2019 and have already made our dinner reservations. We are on Select dining and have booked each of the four complimentary restaurants at least once, rotating them each day, plus we have booked the specialty restaurant Eden one evening. It’s good to get this done, even though we are more than one year away.

Will will eventually look for airfare. Will check with Choice Air as they occasionally have lower fares than booking directly with the airlines, but there’s still plenty of time.

Meanwhile, we are preparing for our Baltic cruise in July aboard the Eclipse.

Smooth sailing everyone.

Larry and Ethel

Boynton Beach, FL

But, be aware if you wait you could risk NOT getting the dining packages. Our Eclipse cruise this past April sold out of the packages the first day on board. Our January 13th cruise on Edge sold out of many of the specialty restaurants for specific times about 2 months ago. We were fortunate enough to get Fine Steak House and Le Bistro for our preferred date and time but our friends who are sailing with us waited and couldn't get them. Also, many of those who booked within the past 3/4 months were "wait listed for 6 p.m." for Select dining. We just plan on them coming with us since "select" means any time but it might require a wait.

Remember, this is a new ship so don't be discouraged. Might open up closer to sailing since some do change their minds by final payment. Our cruise has so many "seasoned" Celebrity folks sailing for the new experience so we are expecting waits and lines. Many are sailing for the experience of the new ship and class.

Be patient and look into everything you want now. I agree about the dining tho. I for one don't expect any "specials" with the specialty dining this trip. With them being sold out so very far in advance looks like they won't need to "push" these like they do on the other class ships.

Enjoy the journey and the excitement of planning and counting down the days. We all are!!!!!

Pat C

We are booked on a Greek Islands Cruise on Sep. 9, 2019 and have already made our dinner reservations. We are on Select dining and have booked each of the four complimentary restaurants at least once, rotating them each day, plus we have booked the specialty restaurant Eden one evening. It’s good to get this done, even though we are more than one year away.

Will will eventually look for airfare. Will check with Choice Air as they occasionally have lower fares than booking directly with the airlines, but there’s still plenty of time.

Meanwhile, we are preparing for our Baltic cruise in July aboard the Eclipse.

Smooth sailing everyone.

Larry and Ethel

Boynton Beach, FL

Thanks, I thought I'd booked reservations at least a year out before, but wasn't sure if I remembered correctly since my Alaskan cruise in May 2019 still hasn't opened up dining reservations. I am wondering if it is because it is after the Revolution refurb and there could new restaurants that they don't want to divulge yet. :D

No worries, it is confusing to figure out. You have time to learn about everything.

I personally did not get a specialty restaurant package because I wouldn't be able to make reservations until I get on the ship. You save money, but you may not get what you want for reservations onboard. If you pay the full price now, you can book online. And to make it even more confusing, some people don't buy packages and wait to book onboard because they sometimes give discounts. Being a new class of ship, with new venues, I chose to book ahead and get the dates and times that I want so I can be sure experience all of the venues. There may end up being no problem getting reservations with the packages. I think you just have to make a choice between cost vs. having firm reservations.

Are you in a suite? If so, what type of suite? I only ask because upper suites have free specialty dining.

Which restaurants are you missing? If you want to do Dinner on the Edge, Magic Carpet or Le Petit Chef, you have to book onboard. The others should be on the Cruise Planner.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Edge_Culinary_One_Pager_TRADE_FLYER.pdf

I am with you on bookings in advance vs a discount. I’ve booked dates/times we wanted and will try for MC etc onboard. It’s all quite exciting- just wish it was sooner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you want to do Dinner on the Edge, Magic Carpet or Le Petit Chef, you have to book onboard. The others should be on the Cruise Planner.

Le Petit Chef can now be booked from the Cruise Planner on both my Edge cruises.

Contrary to my expectations, for both cruises Le Petit Chef is available on each of the seven days, twice a night (at 6 pm and at 8 pm). My understanding was it would be offered just a few nights per cruise and the other nights the Bistro would be open for normal dining, but that does not seem to be the case.

Which makes me wonder if the Bistro will only be offering their normal menu for lunch, with night-time being a full take-over for Le Petit Chef. Your very useful dining summary which you link to does indicate the Bistro being available for dinner, though, but perhaps they changed their initial plans based on the feedback they received after the trials of the concept on the other ships.

cruiserke;56260420']Le Petit Chef can now be booked from the Cruise Planner on both my Edge cruises.

Contrary to my expectations' date=' for both cruises Le Petit Chef is available on each of the seven days, twice a night (at 6 pm and at 8 pm). My understanding was it would be offered just a few nights per cruise and the other nights the Bistro would be open for normal dining, but that does not seem to be the case.

Which makes me wonder if the Bistro will only be offering their normal menu for lunch, with night-time being a full take-over for Le Petit Chef. Your very useful dining summary which you link to does indicate the Bistro being available for dinner, though, but perhaps they changed their initial plans based on the feedback they received after the trials of the concept on the other ships.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up! I've been checking every day and hadn't checked yet today. Yes, on my cruises they are also doing it every night at 6 and 8. Maybe it will be for now while a new thing?

Anyway, I booked it to try it once. :D

unfortunately, they won't allow it to be booked on the Preview cruises for 3 nites…:')

I didn't see it on either preview cruise, but it is now on my 7 day cruises. Maybe they will offer it onboard the preview cruises. I'll keep watching to see if they add it our 12/6 cruise.

I realized that the Le Petit Chef menu isn't on this thread so will post the one now being done in Qsine on other ships. My understanding is that the current presentation is related to the 1st menu and if you choose the second menu (or ask for vegetarian, gluten free, etc.) your food won't match the presentation (but some people say it's still fun).

I&DEb8=Om1.jpg

I didn't see it on either preview cruise, but it is now on my 7 day cruises. Maybe they will offer it onboard the preview cruises. I'll keep watching to see if they add it our 12/6 cruise.

Thank you. I'm really hoping we can do this on the 12/6 cruise, have Le Grand Bistro booked for one nite. Can't do it on our 1/20 cruise because I have a group of 24 and even though many want to do it, there's no nite where the restaurant can accommodate that many of us so I can't even book the restaurant! Been working with my rep but I'm lucky I even go our dining booked for the whole group for all 7 nites in all 4 restaurants!!!! :o