The Many Choices of Edge Dining Venues: How Do We Choose?

vtcruising

I was looking at menus and happened to notice a salad in Le Grand Bistro named La Salade Lutoff. Lisa Lutoff-Perlo's favorite salad, maybe? I'll have to give it a try. ;)

https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Le-Grand-Bistro.pdf

OMG how did I miss that? Oh. Right. It was because I was staring at the cheeses and the wines:evilsmile: (though I will try the salad lol).

Exactly. And I still don’t know the answer, since I’ve not tried it myself. That’s why I’m asking. Since I’m not in a suite for any of my current bookings, I’d love to know I too could get specialty dining booking assistance from the Dining Administrator. If you think Ivana didn’t know you were in a suite, I guess the answer is yes.

I just wrote Ivana and asked her whether one had to be in a suite to make specialty dining reservations and if there were a certain number of guests in a reservation to do this. I will post the answer when she replies...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just wrote Ivana and asked her whether one had to be in a suite to make specialty dining reservations and if there was a certain number of guests in a reservation to do this. I will post the answer when she replies...

Oh, you are a [emoji93] star! Thank you - I was contemplating doing this .... thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Links to PDFs on .com site!

Hi,

Following this thread from the UK. Unfortunately all the links to the .com site take me directly to the .co.uk site and lose any information.

Big ask I know, but if anyone has the time and energy to post the dining room PDFs directly into this forum I, and others, outside North America, would really appreciate it.

I have though been able to access the wonderful summery as it was not on the Celebrity website.

Cruising on the Edge next summer in the Med.

All the best,

Stuart

Links to PDFs on .com site!

Hi,

Following this thread from the UK. Unfortunately all the links to the .com site take me directly to the .co.uk site and lose any information.

Big ask I know, but if anyone has the time and energy to post the dining room PDFs directly into this forum I, and others, outside North America, would really appreciate it.

I have though been able to access the wonderful summery as it was not on the Celebrity website.

Cruising on the Edge next summer in the Med.

All the best,

Stuart

Stuart, I am in NZ and it takes me to the links, not to NZ/AU site. If you google celebrity you will see an option for .com site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OMG how did I miss that? Oh. Right. It was because I was staring at the cheeses and the wines:evilsmile: (though I will try the salad lol).

Actually, naming a cheesy course might have been more appropriate!

Actually, naming a cheesy course might have been more appropriate!

Awwwww don’t ruin my cheese course;p. Perhaps this is the beginning of something new on X menus. Soon we may see menu selections and cocktails named after Captains, Cruise Directors, and other high visibility officers and staff:evilsmile:

Oh, you are a [emoji93] star! Thank you - I was contemplating doing this .... thank you!

Kiwi...

You do not have to be in a suite to make dining reservations for specialty restaurants! The specific person to email is Ivana, Director of Specialty Restaurant... and she is only for Edge; look above for her email! I was right....anyone can make them!

Kiwi...

You do not have to be in a suite to make dining reservations for specialty restaurants! The specific person to email is Ivana, Director of Specialty Restaurant... and she is only for Edge; look above for her email! I was right....anyone can make them!

Thanks so much for clarifying that for us!!

Kiwi...

Thank you very much!

You are welcome. I’ve learned a lot from everyone!

We have a group of 8 and are currently booked for Traditional late seating 8:30PM. After reading all the info shared here, I emailed our TA to see if she can switch us to Select and book us in one of the 4 MDR each on different nights. And then for other nights Specialty and Luminae.

Also I think someone mentioned there could be an issue with 8 in a group. However, looking at the deck plans, I see tables for eight in most if not all of the 4 MDRs.

We have a group of 8 and are currently booked for Traditional late seating 8:30PM. After reading all the info shared here, I emailed our TA to see if she can switch us to Select and book us in one of the 4 MDR each on different nights. And then for other nights Specialty and Luminae.

Also I think someone mentioned there could be an issue with 8 in a group. However, looking at the deck plans, I see tables for eight in most if not all of the 4 MDRs.

Sounds like a good plan!

Haha! And La Salade Lutoff has nuts .... ;)

Well said! This "nut" is going the limit before they let her go. Travels a lot "don't" she? Bet she eat only in the best and won't be using those tenders/lifeboats. :rolleyes:;);)

Okay, I did get a response to my e-mail and it was nothing positive. I asked about combining reservations for 1 night and she said we would have to do it on board. Lots of "suggestions" about maybe doing set times but nothing much more.

I hope most of you have already done your "reservations" for the main dining room. Our friends are now booked as "wait listed for select" for 6 p.m. No choices. A few of us have attempted to switch some seating and can't now because they are "fully booked". Where does that leave those who are not informed by CC and have really no idea about "reservations". Yes, they tell you you can "walk up" and you will be seated as available. That could be 9 p.m.!!

Oh well, we are done. We have booked a few specialty places but that's it.

I wish you all good luck with your attempts. Just suggesting you take a look now since, here we are all these months out, and the restaurants are filling up and your hoped for time may be gone. Oh well, we'll see.

Pat C

Okay, I did get a response to my e-mail and it was nothing positive. I asked about combining reservations for 1 night and she said we would have to do it on board. Lots of "suggestions" about maybe doing set times but nothing much more.

I hope most of you have already done your "reservations" for the main dining room. Our friends are now booked as "wait listed for select" for 6 p.m. No choices. A few of us have attempted to switch some seating and can't now because they are "fully booked". Where does that leave those who are not informed by CC and have really no idea about "reservations". Yes, they tell you you can "walk up" and you will be seated as available. That could be 9 p.m.!!

Oh well, we are done. We have booked a few specialty places but that's it.

I wish you all good luck with your attempts. Just suggesting you take a look now since, here we are all these months out, and the restaurants are filling up and your hoped for time may be gone. Oh well, we'll see.

Pat C

Sorry for all the trouble you are having with booking, Pat. I hope the 50th anniversary dinner is set at least and that you will have a wonderful celebration.

Thanks for letting everyone else know about the reservation issues. I agree that people should try to get their reservations done ASAP.

I also emailed Ivana, she was very helpful in accommodating one of my requests (or more like very hopeful asking:) ) however she replied the following in regards of the specialty dining

Unfortunately with packages we can’t make any changes or make any reservations pre-cruise.

As it states in our Package Policy You can select the time for the first night and later on You’ll be accommodated based upon availability.

I am sure our hostesses and staff on Edge will be very attentive and will make Your cruise memorable!

Hope this helps ...