Lobster 3 ways at Sabatini's

Optotronics

does anyone know if sabatini's on royal princess still has lobster 3 ways?

I heard their menu had changed on some ships.

Don't know, but I've had it and had a lot of trouble figuring out where #3 was. Apparently it's a sauce. I wasn't impressed.:(

You could search the menus on the Princess website.

The new Sabatini's Trattoria menu, sans lobster:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/sabatinis-trattoria/sabatinis-trattoria-main-menu.pdf

Per the website, the above menu is now on Caribbean, Grand, Regal, Coral and Star.

The classic Sabatini's menu, still with Tris d'Aragosta:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/Onboard_Experience/Sabatinis-Menu-Sample.pdf

Logic dictates that this menu would be found on all other ships with Sabatini's. Reality may vary.

As Crown and Golden are scheduled for drydock this spring, whether the change to the Trattoria menu will be instituted on those ships remains to be seen. The Specialty Restaurants tab on the Cruise Personalizer for my Alaska cruise on Golden still links to the old menu. I am not assuming anything until I board.

Edited by fishywood

Not unless the ship still has the "old" Sabatini's menu. There is no lobster of any kind on the new menu that is now on most of the ships. (Lovely veal chop is also gone.) They have gone to less expensive ingredients. They had the old menu on Royal when I sailed her in mid Dec & I had the lobster 3 ways. Third way was a "Thermidor" type sauce. I am sailing on Regal next weekend & they have new menu. Does not look very inviting so think I will pass.

Not unless the ship still has the "old" Sabatini's menu. There is no lobster of any kind on the new menu that is now on most of the ships. (Lovely veal chop is also gone.) They have gone to less expensive ingredients. They had the old menu on Royal when I sailed her in mid Dec & I had the lobster 3 ways. Third way was a "Thermidor" type sauce. I am sailing on Regal next weekend & they have new menu. Does not look very inviting so think I will pass.

Agree!! We will be on the Caribbean Princess in 4 weeks and were thinking of going to Sabatini's but will pass and do the Crown Grill 2x instead.

Sorry, but what are you talking about?

Who puts brown gravy on lobster?

That is what I thought, too.

That is the way I remember it. Maybe it was a brown sauce (I'm from New Orleans, I say gravy!). Any hoo, I would never get it again.

If you go back in the thread,. a previous poster mentioned sauce: "Don't know, but I've had it and had a lot of trouble figuring out where #3 was. Apparently it's a sauce. I wasn't impressed."

From memory it was a bisque. Seafood bisques are often a brownish colour as they are made from the shells of the shellfish. They do have quite strong flavour which can be off-putting for some people.

I had a few time on the Golden at Sabatini's in Dec 2016 it was great last time Feb 2018 the risotto was good but the tail was chewy, don't think I will be having it again.

Cheers Don

That’s because the lobster is frozen, and they had to put some sort of sauce on them. :o

I had a few time on the Golden at Sabatini's in Dec 2016 it was great last time Feb 2018 the risotto was good but the tail was chewy, don't think I will be having it again.

Cheers Don

Is it because the lobster is frozen, and texture so rubbery, they have to put some sort of sauce on them? :o

Every time I've had lobster on Princess it has been perfectly cooked, tender and juicy. Is it the best lobster in the world? No, but it's a tasty seafood treat and I enjoy it, in the same manner that I enjoy our local rock lobsters, Aussie bugs (slipper or shovelnosed lobster) and NZ scampi aka langoustine in some parts of Europe.

Is it because the lobster is frozen, and texture so rubbery, they have to put some sort of sauce on them? :o

Lobster, like prawns and a lot of other types of seafood, handles being snap-frozen when caught very well. If it's rubbery then it's overcooked, simple as that, and no sauce can compensate for that.

does anyone know if sabatini's on royal princess still has lobster 3 ways?

I heard their menu had changed on some ships.

Yes. Just off the Royal 2 weeks ago. The Royal Princess has the old $29 menu and the dish you speak about is on the menu. We were told that the new $25 menu is not available on all ships and the Royal will retain the old menu for now.

You didn't ask, but in the DR lobster was served with 3 split tails. The next evening mounds of lobster tails were available in the buffet.

Yes. Just off the Royal 2 weeks ago. The Royal Princess has the old $29 menu and the dish you speak about is on the menu. We were told that the new $25 menu is not available on all ships and the Royal will retain the old menu for now.

You didn't ask, but in the DR lobster was served with 3 split tails. The next evening mounds of lobster tails were available in the buffet.

Thanks everyone,

I was hoping to be able to have a nice large New England lobster tail.

We were on Royal in November and did the UBD dinner on the balcony. When they came to the room the day before for the menu planning I asked about the type of lobster and was told it would not be the small Caribbean lobsters the size of a large prawn, but the real lobster tail and was told it would be. Come dinner time, the split Caribbean tails arrived:(

Yes, the day of lobster night these tails appeared in HC as well.

I figured if lobster 3 ways was still on the menu in sabatini's, it would be my way to get the real lobster;)

Thanks everyone,

I was hoping to be able to have a nice large New England lobster tail.

We were on Royal in November and did the UBD dinner on the balcony. When they came to the room the day before for the menu planning I asked about the type of lobster and was told it would not be the small Caribbean lobsters the size of a large prawn, but the real lobster tail and was told it would be. Come dinner time, the split Caribbean tails arrived:(

Yes, the day of lobster night these tails appeared in HC as well.

I figured if lobster 3 ways was still on the menu in sabatini's, it would be my way to get the real lobster;)

Nope. It's exactly the same lobster as the MDR and UBD meals. We had all three last September on Royal.