Free drink change.

crusinpsychRN

Has this been confirmed anywhere? I am gold so I get the free drink on the last day after 5pm coupon, would love to be able to use it as soon as I walk on the ship as a "welcome back" coupon from Carnival.

Just off Miracle and this was the case.

I am gold so I get the free drink on the last day after 5pm coupon, would love to be able to use it as soon as I walk on the ship as a "welcome back" coupon from Carnival.

Amen. The last 7 day cruise I took, I was in bed by 5pm on the last night after a week of partying.

You can now take your free drink coupon to guest services and they will give you a coupon good for any place on the ship at any time. That stupid only in the MDR at breakfast or brunch has to go. Who really wants a drink at breakfast?

We go to brunch and get beers- unopened. Add them to the bucket of ice or the fridge for later the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can now take your free drink coupon to guest services and they will give you a coupon good for any place on the ship at any time. That stupid only in the MDR at breakfast or brunch has to go. Who really wants a drink at breakfast?

So you have to go and get a different coupon from guest services? How would one know this? seems like a lot of work to give away a drink.

As Platinum we get a free drink but have to use in MDR for breakfast, Sea Day Brunch or lunch any day. Well that is fine except our Fascination cruise had 1 Sea Day and we were off early every day. I went to guest services and they gave us coupons. We normally do the Brunch at least once.

People are mixing up the 2 coupons. Platinum/Diamond receive a coupon for a drink in the MDR for brunch, breakfast or lunch. This isn't the same coupon that is for Gold after 5 pm on the last day. I believe the OP is talking about the Platinum/Diamond coupon since they make reference to only using in the MDR. The Gold coupon could be used in any bar it just needed to be used after 5pm on the last day. I don't know if that's changed or not since I don't believe that's the coupon the OP is referencing. JMHO

I didn’t even use my coupon for the free drink on my last cruise. For one, I had Cheers so I didn’t need to use the coupon (with its restrictions) and secondly, I forgot all about it by the last night of the cruise, after 5 pm.

• 6 months later...

Just got off the Sunshine and they would not change the coupon

Just got off the Sunshine and they would not change the coupon

Asked about this a few cruises ago. The GS gal, who’ve we sailed with in the past, said the JH spouts stuff on FB that’s contrary to what policy is and makes all sorts of issues for the crew onboard.

I agree with you. I understand some enjoy it. For me, a drink at breakfast is the last scenario that I want one. My last 7 day cruise on the Fascination didn't even have a sea day either. I would love to be able to get a cocktail in the comedy club or something.