Oceania Cruises Introduces Free Wi-Fi Fleetwide

LauraS

We usually DIY, but some only feel comfortable with ship excursions. For those cruisers, there is still value in O life, if they want to sail O.

Actually, we had booked a cruise similar to one you have booked on you signature....prior to O life. I ended up cancelling it after banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get tot the sites I wanted to see from the ports, via public transportation. O life was instituted after our cancellation and afterwards, looking at some of the excursions, it would have solved some of our issues.

Definitely no argument from me for those that pick the shore excursions as a perk. My math was strictly on the OBC option. I haven’t booked Bordeaux yet but for the Spanish ports I’ve booked with Spain Day Tours. Very reasonable. May use O for Morocco but hopefully that will be all.

FWIW - I am currently streaming a live game of Giants playing the Dodgers on the basic wifi package without the upgraded wifi - not bad! :D

Beat LA, beat LA, beat LA :D

Where are you Paul? are you on a cruise?

FWIW - I am currently streaming a live game of Giants playing the Dodgers on the basic wifi package without the upgraded wifi - not bad! :D

Beat LA, beat LA, beat LA :D

Great News Paul!

And yes, Giants and A's are winners so everyone happy in the bay area tonight (we will see how the Warriors do;))

Cheers,

John

Great News Paul!

And yes, Giants and A's are winners so everyone happy in the bay area tonight (we will see how the Warriors do;))

Cheers,

John

Good news indeed.

Now we need the Warriors to get healthy :)

Where?

What are you expecting?

something to replace free internet

I thought the current promo ended March 31 and thought there might be adjustments now that internet is included but the promo today looks no different than the last one.

I thought the current promo ended March 31 and thought there might be adjustments now that internet is included but the promo today looks no different than the last one.

I would have thought after all this time you would realize the ending date for promos means nothing they just roll out the same promo for another 3 months :evilsmile:

Prices may change though

O's marketing was to book by March 31 as 100 cruises have price increases starting today. Also the number of cruises with 50% single supplements increased from 8 yesterday to 14 today. But none of that has anything to do with the topic of this thread which is Free WiFi Fleetwide (by the end of April).

I would have thought after all this time you would realize the ending date for promos means nothing they just roll out the same promo for another 3 months :evilsmile:

Prices may change though

Lol. Very true. Azamara started a decent promo today so I was hopeful ;)

Until it goes live, there’s not much to talk about and you already knew that as you shared the press release to your roll call.
It's been a while since the press release. This thread contained a bit more information - which is what I was looking for - but it's information I'm after, not speculation on other topics.

It's easy enough to start a new thread here. Just sayin'.

It's been a while since the press release. This thread contained a bit more information - which is what I was looking for - but it's information I'm after, not speculation on other topics.

It's easy enough to start a new thread here. Just sayin'.

It’s also really easy to scroll through posts you don’t want to read. I fail to see how making one perk free doesn’t affect the value of the overall perk package which is where this thread went. It probably would have saved you time to just keep scrolling rather than make a comment

It’s also really easy to scroll through posts you don’t want to read.
How do you know which posts *not* to read until you've read 'em?

Just wondering if you have a special trick for this, you'd like to share…

Why do people get so uptight about this on topic thing.

Conversation evolves, deal with it.

I think unless there are some changes the only people Olife will benefit is those that either select excursions or the drink package.

Why do people get so uptight about this on topic thing.

Conversation evolves, deal with it.

I think unless there are some changes the only people Olife will benefit is those that either select excursions or the drink package.

Plus one and as far as I know there will be no additions and there will still be free wi-fi advertised which I think is ridiculous

Janv

• 4 weeks later...
Check out the latest Oceania news from Cruise Critic:

Oceania Cruises Introduces Free Wi-Fi Fleetwide

OK, it's the end of April. Any reports about:

Passengers who would like to stream music and movies or video chat with friends and family at home will need to upgrade to Wavenet Prime, at a cost of $9.99 per person, per day.

"With our new Wavenet high-speed internet, our guests and crew can continue to surf, post and stream aboard our ships from anywhere around the globe, just as they would at home," stated Bob Binder, president & CEO of Oceania Cruises, in a company statement.

We are on Sirena now and the Wavenet Prime is available.

We haven’t purchased it though. The basic wi-fi is adequate for our needs and does appear to be improved over how it was in the past.

We are on Sirena now and the Wavenet Prime is available.

We haven’t purchased it though. The basic wi-fi is adequate for our needs and does appear to be improved over how it was in the past.

(y)

We are hoping the paid high speed really does stream good on Rivera next week. I'm hoping to watch NBA playoffs and wife hoping to watch movies in the evenings.

Thanks,

John