Celebrity app

elliekate

I'm very curious to hear how the app can be used for check in?

Once you have signed in to the app and into your Celebrity account, if you have a cruise on one of the three active ships for the app, and within the sign-in period, and if you are in your cruise and click the box in the upper right hand corner, it tells you that check in is available and invites you to start check in. I have not yet done this for my October cruise, so I can't tell you beyond that.

Tom & Judy

I think new ships will appear only after a dry-dock. "Free-Wifi" and internal links are huge change on IT infrastructure (in my opinion), so it should be done only with a lot of testing. Drydocks allows few days of testing, without interrupting Internet, which now it is essential for many passengers.

Once you have signed in to the app and into your Celebrity account, if you have a cruise on one of the three active ships for the app, and within the sign-in period, and if you are in your cruise and click the box in the upper right hand corner, it tells you that check in is available and invites you to start check in. I have not yet done this for my October cruise, so I can't tell you beyond that.

Tom & Judy

It's the same check in you do actually online?

We are lo tech

All our dining, spa and excursion res are pre made.. Happy we were able to do all this online through the confusing Cruise Planner

Can we survive okay on board without this app..? We plan to leave our cell phone turned off in the safe and only use the tablet for reading..

I assume attendant will still leave hard copy daily schedules in our stateroom..correct?

Not impressed withh the app. Onboard Equinox currently. Dinner times listed incorrectly. Apparently the app only supports the first 7 menus so on our 9 night cruise two nights dont allow the menu. Next week is 11 nights, even more missing menus. Had the menu order wrong. Thought the first chic night was night 2 but was actually night 3 since we were in Key West the first full day. Cannot figure out how to access account with it.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...

so I see there is a daily planner on the app, and a My Calendar.

What I haven't been able to figure out is how to get things I want to do from the daily planner to My Calendar.

I check my organization brain at the gangway when getting on board. I was hoping I could easily set a few things up.

Has anyone been able to do this?

I sail on the Equinox on Dec 1.

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2018 at 3:53 PM, gerelmx said:

You don't need the WiFi pack to access the APP

Someone above said it is $7.00 per day to use the app.  So if I am understanding this correctly you don't need a wifi plan to use the app but it will cost you $7.00 per day...correct?

Edited by Rosieo

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:12 PM, hcat said:

We are lo tech

All our dining, spa and excursion res are pre made.. Happy we were able to do all this online through the confusing Cruise Planner

Can we survive okay on board without this app..? We plan to leave our cell phone turned off in the safe and only use the tablet for reading..

I assume attendant will still leave hard copy daily schedules in our stateroom..correct?

1 hour ago, JennAngel9 said:

Does the app work for the Eclipse? I keep seeing "3 Ships" on this thread but not clear which they are.

Nope.  Reflection, Milly, Equinox and now Edge.

I emailed their feedback team a while ago suggesting that instead of just making changes to the ships the have, add the other ships.  Their response was to thank me, and tell me I'd be happy with what was coming. 

So far, no - we're on the Eclipse in just over a month and it's still grayed out as "not yet available".   I'm not optimistic.

• 4 weeks later...

Our forthcoming cruise 20/4/19 on Equinox has now been released on the Mobile App, however Day 7 is completely missing and fluctuations between detailed "All Aboard Times" on the App to the Celebrity Web Site Planner, as well as Dining illustrating " We're  putting the finishing touches to your cruise", this would be such a helpful tool if the information was checked and correct, with the option of being able to message other guests aboard like the RCI App.

On 3/16/2018 at 9:15 AM, elliekate said:

I have downloaded the Celebrity App for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. It is a great app for daily activities, however I can't find any information about the ability to text others in my group. Friends who have used apps from other cruise lines, have been able to use their app for texting on the ship. This Celebrity app is new for the Reflection, but there are two ships that have had it for a while. I can't remember which ships! Has anyone used the Celebrity app and if so, is texting available?

The app is not new to the Reflection, we used it on our cruise last March.  You could not text at that time, nor could you open your cabin door,  and the information was sort of hit and miss.  From what I have read the app has improved somewhat.

Edited by pa-annie

On 12/17/2018 at 6:46 PM, Rosieo said:

Someone above said it is $7.00 per day to use the app.  So if I am understanding this correctly you don't need a wifi plan to use the app but it will cost you $7.00 per day...correct?

From what I read here. The $7 per day is something on RCL. It allows texting between pax. From what I understand Celebrity has not brought that over yet.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Laumat19 said:

Hi,

Wondering if there is any update on how to add booked excursions on the 'My calendar' section of the app? We booked all our excursions via celebrity and they're all showing on the online version of my calendar. 

Thanks.

Mine showed up eventually. I did hit the refresh button a few times. I actually deleted the app and reloaded it one time to get more stuff to show up. By about 6-7 days prior to the cruise, a lot more info showed up ("finalized" schedules - still subject to change). I loved checking my app every few days before the cruise, to see what was new.