Celebrity app

elliekate

I have downloaded the Celebrity App for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. It is a great app for daily activities, however I can't find any information about the ability to text others in my group. Friends who have used apps from other cruise lines, have been able to use their app for texting on the ship. This Celebrity app is new for the Reflection, but there are two ships that have had it for a while. I can't remember which ships! Has anyone used the Celebrity app and if so, is texting available?

I have downloaded the Celebrity App for our upcoming cruise on Reflection. It is a great app for daily activities, however I can't find any information about the ability to text others in my group. Friends who have used apps from other cruise lines, have been able to use their app for texting on the ship. This Celebrity app is new for the Reflection, but there are two ships that have had it for a while. I can't remember which ships! Has anyone used the Celebrity app and if so, is texting available?

texting is not available. I used the app on the Equinox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

too bad the app is not like RCI's app, was so nice to be able to keep in contact with family and friends on the ship with us. And it was about $7 a day, we used it alot. The X app is a total waste

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

too bad the app is not like RCI's app, was so nice to be able to keep in contact with family and friends on the ship with us. And it was about $7 a day, we used it alot. The X app is a total waste

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

We were on the Connie and found the free app very useful to check the evening menus & activities during the day. We didn’t have a high need to text anyone on-board and if we needed to contact anyone on the ship we could just email them using our included unlimited wi-if.

• Thanks 1

Do you have to pay for wi-fi to use the celebrity app or is it like airlines where they let you access their app for free on wi-fi
The charge to use the app was about $7 a day and no need to have the extra cost of wifi. As long as u we're on the ship u could use it. For texting other pass who also had the app, accessing your calendar, making reservations.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
Prompted to update the celebrity App yesterday... Update was suppose to include ability to login your act. Check in.. Schedule excursions dinner reses.... NOT.... Has anyone had any success with these features..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Are you on one of the ships now? If not, you misread. You can see your account when you're logged onto the app onboard.

With this release, guests on enabled ships may:

- Sign in to view their cruises

- Check in via the mobile app

- Make and cancel dining and shore excursion reservations, and view onboard expense accounts, when on the ship

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Except, if you are already on the ship, it is too late to check in. So something is wrong with either the description or the functionality.

For what it is worth, we will be on a listed cruise (Oct. 19 on the Connie) that is within the check in period. The app gives me no opportunity to check in.

Tom & Judy

I can't believe this app is still in less than demo quality months after it was rolled out. If my development group rolled something out like this we would all be trying to find new jobs by now. Clearly they have not made a real commitment to this technology.

• Like 2

I can't believe this app is still in less than demo quality months after it was rolled out. If my development group rolled something out like this we would all be trying to find new jobs by now. Clearly they have not made a real commitment to this technology.

If you recall the rollout of the X website last year you'll find it totally believable and equally baffling.;)

• Haha 1

The wonderfully coded celebrity application displays incorrectly on my iPad and then just exits with no reason given......I’m on the eclipse.

At some point celebrity will hire competent people in their it department...or give it enough budget to write and test decent quality code before releasing it to their customers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

I used the app for deciding which nights we wanted to try specialty restaurants it was correct except it showed our chic night to be a different night, the week before we cruised I logged on to our sailing and it showed what acts would be on so we adjusted our meal time preference as there were two guest acts we fancied. When we arrived on the day I checked the app and there were completely different people showing these were the correct acts and not those shown the previous week although our correct sail date had been entered. It for me was accurate only once we had boarded.

Apparently' date=' the folks at Celebrity flipped a switch this evening. I am now able to use my Celebrity Credentials to log in to the app[/quote']

I may be brain dead but am unable to find where you Log In. I upgraded my software (iPhone) and have tried all 3 ships and don't see any place to log in.

I may be brain dead but am unable to find where you Log In. I upgraded my software (iPhone) and have tried all 3 ships and don't see any place to log in.

I just loaded the app 5 minutes ago and it was the same as it has been. I opened up a ship and had a look around. I closed the apps and reloaded it and it then took me to the log in screen. It shows all my bookings and tells me that none of my cruises are on supported ships.

I used the app with my I phone last week on the Equinox it worked find until mid-week when all the menus and activities were messed up.

I updated all my apps last night and on the X app on my I pad it now get a log-in screen and can see my future booking, none of which are on supported ships. Updated my IPhone also but still get the old version of the app with no log-in. Still very much a work in progress.

I just loaded the app 5 minutes ago and it was the same as it has been. I opened up a ship and had a look around. I closed the apps and reloaded it and it then took me to the log in screen. It shows all my bookings and tells me that none of my cruises are on supported ships.

I think you are on to it. I force closed the app by swiping up and then relaunched. When I relaunched it took me to the sign on screen. I can see my future cruise bookings but all of them are on ships that are not yet supported.

I used the app for deciding which nights we wanted to try specialty restaurants it was correct except it showed our chic night to be a different night, the week before we cruised I logged on to our sailing and it showed what acts would be on so we adjusted our meal time preference as there were two guest acts we fancied. When we arrived on the day I checked the app and there were completely different people showing these were the correct acts and not those shown the previous week although our correct sail date had been entered. It for me was accurate only once we had boarded.

Must of made a change to app..today I was able to login with my celeb id and see my future cruises including the cruise on Reflection in Nov...also was able to see available excursions....still checking it out

I think you are on to it. I force closed the app by swiping up and then relaunched. When I relaunched it took me to the sign on screen. I can see my future cruise bookings but all of them are on ships that are not yet supported.

Same here : Your reservations on ships not yet available in this app