COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

The FAQ from RC:

Chill Island Cabanas, South Beach Cabanas and Oasis Lagoon Cabanas:  $299-$569  Up to 8 Guests

Thrill Waterpark Cabanas:  $599-$869  6 guests includes complementary park admission

Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanas:  $949-$1549  8 Guests includes complementary club admission

Coco Beach Club Overwater Cabanas:  $999-$1599  8 guests includes complementary club admission

My friends and I are also sailing in January and it was available in my Cruise Planner under Excursions for Perfect Day at CoCo Cay.   Hope this helps. 

11 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

The FAQ from RC:

Chill Island Cabanas, South Beach Cabanas and Oasis Lagoon Cabanas:  $299-$569  Up to 8 Guests

Thrill Waterpark Cabanas:  $599-$869  6 guests includes complementary park admission

Coco Beach Club Beach Cabanas:  $949-$1549  8 Guests includes complementary club admission

Coco Beach Club Overwater Cabanas:  $999-$1599  8 guests includes complementary club admission

My friends and I are also sailing in January and it was available in my Cruise Planner under Excursions for Perfect Day at CoCo Cay.   Hope this helps. 

Those prices are no where near what has been listed on our Cruise Planner...our listings for prices were MUCH lower.

Even now without any promos or special pricing...our listings show prices well below what you posted.

The Thrill Waterpark Cabanas, for example...were listed at $399...when we booked (up to 6 people).

Prices do change (offers periodically online), so it pays to check from time to time.

This was just 2 minutes ago online...WITHOUT ANY SPECIAL PRICING/PROMO RATE:

Cabana.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

18 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I guess not everyone has been reading the information about Coco Cay in terms of readiness.

There's a whole thread on that topic.

Pier is already open this month. Rest of island amenities open in May 2019. South end over-the-water cabanas open before year end. There's a reason why the various cabanas are on Cruise Planner listings...because in another 6-8 weeks...they will be finished and available.  No fantasy creatures required.

I am pointing out, that RCCL was selling those cabanas for sailings that were before the current opening dates.

And so far, the pier was supposed to be open last September, then last December.  And they did make there March "target."  I guess at some point you will actually be right.

I do hope you get your cabana, but if not, remember you heard it here first. 😄

8 minutes ago, SRF said:

I am pointing out, that RCCL was selling those cabanas for sailings that were before the current opening dates.

And so far, the pier was supposed to be open last September, then last December.  And they did make there March "target."  I guess at some point you will actually be right.

I do hope you get your cabana, but if not, remember you heard it here first. 😄

According to people already there this past week...the pier is already done with a few tweaks left for the larger ships. Their report - not mine.

We've got our cabana booked with no worries about readiness...its late in the year. South Cabanas, on the other hand, are supposed to be ready late November...so those dates are still "iffy"

They also reported a good deal of work on the various "zones" where the cabanas are located is "nearly done", certainly in time to meet the May 2019 announced time-frame.  The May date has been out there for quite some time...even on their 2019-2020 brochure as of late last year (below)...their date - not mine. Based on reports from people onsite, there is little doubt they'll be ready as announced.

2019_2020_Royal Brochure.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

11 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

The FAQ from RC:

what is club admission? dont see that on my cruise planner

Do the South Beach Cabanas have a good beach?  Looking for easy sloping beach into water but do not like the idea of the low tide and sea weed I'm reading about.  I admit to getting confused about what beach is which 😎  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, bbfgator said:

Do the South Beach Cabanas have a good beach?  Looking for easy sloping beach into water but do not like the idea of the low tide and sea weed I'm reading about.  I admit to getting confused about what beach is which 😎  Thanks!

Each cabana zone has its own beach area.

As mentioned previously, the South Cabanas (over-the-water) will not be completed until late this year.

As to which has the best beach near the different cabanas...that's hard to say since several are still being finished for opening in May, and you'll likely see differing opinions as well. 

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Is this area on the new map the existing Cabana club with the Oceanview deluxe cabanas for 6 for March and April guests?

ovcabanas.jpg.3f53802191b4587af405e9f2493b421a.jpg

Escape to your private beachfront Cabana Club. Soak up the style and tranquility of this chic tropical paradise nestled in CocoCay from your very own private beach accessible cabana. Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment. ZCH5

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Is this area on the new map the existing Cabana club with the Oceanview deluxe cabanas for 6 for March and April guests?

ovcabanas.jpg.3f53802191b4587af405e9f2493b421a.jpg

Escape to your private beachfront Cabana Club. Soak up the style and tranquility of this chic tropical paradise nestled in CocoCay from your very own private beach accessible cabana. Your ocean view cabana is furnished with 2 luxurious resort-style lounge chairs , a sofa, and amenities that include a deluxe lunch buffet, 2 floating beach mats, 4 bottles of water, towels and 2 sets of snorkeling equipment. ZCH5

The Chill Cabanas are located in the upper part of that cove in that picture...again...everything will not be open until May 2019. 

We haven't had reports of that area being completed yet...it might be around the time you mention...just no confirmation that it will prior to May.

1 hour ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The Chill Cabanas are located in the upper part of that cove in that picture...again...everything will not be open until May 2019. 

We haven't had reports of that area being completed yet...it might be around the time you mention...just no confirmation that it will prior to May.

Thanks.  For that particular area I was sort of assuming it's more a rebranding; the Ocean view Cabanas people are currently booked in for March and April are open but will be renamed Chill Island cabanas May 1 and lose the deluxe lunch.  But I could be wrong in my assumptions.  

2 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Thanks.  For that particular area I was sort of assuming it's more a rebranding; the Ocean view Cabanas people are currently booked in for March and April are open but will be renamed Chill Island cabanas May 1 and lose the deluxe lunch.  But I could be wrong in my assumptions.  

In the Cruise Planner...they already refer to those cabanas as "Chill Island Cabanas".

The differences in the various cabana areas come down to what you want to be close to...the beach...the water park...over the water...or near the large lagoon. All cabana packages include some form of complimentary water, towels, beach attendant, and some kind of food - typically burgers, hot dogs, fries, etc. -at one of 3 "Snack Shack" locations.

22 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

In the Cruise Planner...they already refer to those cabanas as "Chill Island Cabanas".

Is the Cruise planner showing that for April sail dates?  For my bookings the June cruise listed as Chill Island but the April sailing still the old title and description of Oceanview deluxe etc.

1 hour ago, norway olin said:

For our July visit the only cabanas listed in the planner are at the waterpark and Chill Island for a mere $1349!

I have to wonder if people are inputting something wrong...as that price is no where near the right cost.

People only need to book one person on the Cruise Planner - it comes with 6 wristbands for admission and activities with 1 cabana.  As for availability...it's likely smart to call Royal and ask them for confirmation.  The two (2) cabana areas you mention are supposed to be available in May, along with the Lagoon cabanas.

1 hour ago, norway olin said:

No need to wonder, here is the info from my planner.  It is listed as the price for up to 8 people.  This is before clicking anything.

0a22fbf7-4d06-4957-9d64-7abfd3bb164f.jpg

That’s highly strange...just signed in to 2 different cruises and 2 different Crown & Anchor member accounts...and both get the same $319 price.

That’s highly strange...just signed in to 2 different cruises and 2 different Crown & Anchor member accounts...and both get the same $319 price.
That sounds reasonable, maybe even surprisingly low. But $1349 is just ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
10 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

That sounds reasonable, maybe even surprisingly low. But $1349 is just ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
10 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Agree...the Thrill Waterpark cabanas were $399 and Oasis Lagoon $319.

It’s important to note that these prices are $100 below the “regular “ prices...with the sale prices showing up periodically- just have to check once in a while. But the $1349 price??? Never have seen it ever.

The only way I can get the price to that amount is if I list 3 passengers in the order - which would be 3 cabanas for a total of 18 guests.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Maybe they are going to throw some higher prices out there and see what hits, and will sound more reasonable if they increased # people in cabana without actually changing chill island cabanas.  

Then they will run 25%/50% off sales until fill up.

I think those prices are crazy.  But I think suite level cruising prices are also sort of crazy.  RCCL might as well try to sell the cabanas first to the suite class who might not think the price is too steep.

3 hours ago, SAmome said:

Maybe they are going to throw some higher prices out there and see what hits, and will sound more reasonable if they increased # people in cabana without actually changing chill island cabanas.  

Then they will run 25%/50% off sales until fill up.

I think those prices are crazy.  But I think suite level cruising prices are also sort of crazy.  RCCL might as well try to sell the cabanas first to the suite class who might not think the price is too steep.

Almost wondering if this is a site problem...as our pricing has remained consistent for some time now, and we booked at the <$400 price.

29 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Almost wondering if this is a site problem...as our pricing has remained consistent for some time now, and we booked at the <$400 price.

I wasn't following which dates in cruise planner sailing for which prices but maybe prices are lower before Coco Cay completion dates and higher after or certain times of the year.  

Pricing is very dynamic, I have sailings to coco cay with $78 jet ski pricing and another with $109, both on sale............

4 hours ago, SAmome said:

I wasn't following which dates in cruise planner sailing for which prices but maybe prices are lower before Coco Cay completion dates and higher after or certain times of the year.  

Pricing is very dynamic, I have sailings to coco cay with $78 jet ski pricing and another with $109, both on sale............

Prices definitely change somewhat...with 20% off deals from time to time...but not the 3+ times the cost differences a few folks have stated.

On 3/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

This screenshot is weird, because I see in mine Price per Adult : 499  Price per Child 499, in here just prices from: