COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

11 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

AHA -- I was wondering about that. We just tried to book a CocoCay cabana, for our cruise next month. When we got the "Sorry -- not available to book now -- check onboard" reply, I thought that we just waited until too late, and the cabanas were all booked up. Your explanation sounds more like the way those same cabanas are handled on Celebrity Cruises: The suite guests get the right of first refusal, and then they go to the folks on the waiting list. We'll be sure to swing by the Shorex Desk on boarding day, to inquire about getting on the list. Thanks for the info (I don't feel so discouraged now). :classic_wink:

I just booked a cabana for May and I'm not in a suite.

1 minute ago, payitforward said:

I just booked a cabana for May and I'm not in a suite.

Thanks for the info. In my case, I think I'm still stuck with the only option of going to the Shorex Desk and getting on a waiting list. Just trying to figure out how things work on RC now, as we've been cruising X for the past few years.

• Like 1

We had a bungalow over the New Years Holiday.  We did not read our letter until the night before the Coco Cay stop, so there were very few choices left and we ended up in the second row.  That said, we really enjoyed it, but did not use it as much as we thought we would.  The beach was very unattractive during low tide with large patches of sea weed, so we went over to the area near the cabanas to swim and play beach games.  There were plenty of chairs available over there, so would likely just save the money next time.  You ordered your food in advance and they delivered it “take out fashion” at the time you requested.  The tram dropped us off near our bungalow, so minimal walking for your mother, particularly if you have one near the restrooms.

We just got back from Coco Cay. We had the cabanas and it was AMAZING! Some thoughts/tips.

1. We did not have a suite but were able to book online. We did so VERY early though. And keep an eye on prices, sales pop up and you can adjust prices alny cancelling and rebooking. They did overbook cabanas for our day, so be sure to check your paperwork as soon as you get to your room, and go to shore excursion desk. We we're early enough that not only did we get a cabana, we got an ocean front.

2. Cabanas are close to the front, but you get a golf cart that takes you to your area. 

3. You have your own private deluxe buffet and small bar right in the cabana area. Outstanding! Seafood kabobs and fruit and chocolate fondue.

4. Max of 6 people. I'm not sure if you can more for extra people or not.

5. Cabanas have a private beach that is beautiful and calm. Would be perfect for kids.

6. It rained in the morning the day we were there. Everyone in our group with bungalows cancelled. Said everything was soaking wet. The cabanas have more solid sides. Things were barely damp. And our gear stayed dry while we were out snorkeling during the rain.

7. Bathrooms are a very close walk. I wouldn't be worried, even with kids.

8. Each cabana comes with 2 sets of snorkeling gear. They drive you over to the snorkeling are, which is AMAZING. I've never swam that far out from the shore when snorkeling. They have lifeguards out there and platforms if you need to rest. They have a shipwreck, plane wreck and cannons. Lots of wildlife. We saw a sea turtle, sting rays, a baracuda, and tons of other fish. I can't stress how much fun we had. We snorkeled for 2 hours straight.

9. Cabanas also come with 2 ocean mats. Water was cold so after snorkeling we didn't go back in but if it was warmer, it would have been perfect to float.

10. The cabana had a couch in the shelter, a wooden deck with 2 cushioned beach chairs, and 4 regular beach chairs in front of the cabana. 

The cabanas and Coco Cay were the highlight. Book early and don't hesitate. I always worry when I have high expectations. But they did not disappoint. On a day when most people stayed on the ship due to a couple of hours of rain and cooler weather, we had the time of our lives.

The photo of the island shows the cabanas to the left of the main beach area. Very easy walk from the tenders, but why walk when you can be driven! 😁

0113191310_HDR.jpg

0113191641a.jpg

0113191315_HDR.jpg

So there is still a TON of construction on the island for the new area.  (Doesn't impact the beauty of the stay, though.)  I have no idea how it will be open by May, but they were actually working on a Sunday, so there's definite a push.  The new area will be amazing.  And will have over the water cabanas with a slide right into the ocean.  No idea how much that will cost, but I think I'll say definitely count me in! 🙂  

On 1/16/2019 at 9:36 AM, CynthiaRI said:

I believe the day beds have the regular big lunch buffet on the island.

The Beach Beds have the special menu, delivered to your bed.  

We booked one a couple of years ago and had the menu to fill out and return.

We ended up cancelling, as we met a couple with a Cabana they offered to share. 😄

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2018 at 7:45 AM, Host Clarea said:

We had a cabana that was reserved by the concierge, and also were sent to the Shore Excursion desk to choose the specific cabana.

Hi Bob 😊 So the concierge was not able to help with the assignments (for cabanas or bungalows)? Glad to have read this, I assumed that they could. 😏

36 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

Hi Bob 😊 So the concierge was not able to help with the assignments (for cabanas or bungalows)? Glad to have read this, I assumed that they could. 😏

Note that this the kind of procedure/policy that can vary greatly ship to ship and even cruise to cruise when crewmembers change,  My experience was on Adventure last summer.  Additionally, we were not suite guests on this cruise, so that may have been why the concierge did not facilitate a specific cabana choice.

• Like 1

I got confused by this thread, senior moments i guess. When i was booking for my stay in nov.,i was thinking you book an area. Like chill beach, or by the pool. Didn't know their was a difference between a cabana, or bungalow. 

So that being said, i have booked a chill island cabana, and recieved F. 

Are these the same cabanas that everyone is talking about,with the upgraded bbq?? I don't remember reading any of this when booking. 

I will be there mid nov

Double checked my cruise planner, there is no such thing as bungalows for rent, only cabanas. Here is the description of what i booked. While one description makes it sound like fresh grilled food, the other one makes it sound like you gotta go to the snack bar. 

We will buy deluxe bev package. So i am curious about the self serve beer for an additional charge 

Screenshot_20190319-071708.jpg

Screenshot_20190319-071655.jpg

Double checked my cruise planner, there is no such thing as bungalows for rent, only cabanas. Here is the description of what i booked. While one description makes it sound like fresh grilled food, the other one makes it sound like you gotta go to the snack bar. 
We will buy deluxe bev package. So i am curious about the self serve beer for an additional charge 

How far out is your cruise? The full array of excursions generally doesn't appear until closer to sailing. If the bungalows are indeed gone, that would be a very new development. Lots of things are changing, but can't imagine that they would do away with them altogether.

Lunch will be delivered to your cabana, however you're free to go to the buffet area, if you prefer. No idea as to the "self serve beer".

35 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

How far out is your cruise? The full array of excursions generally doesn't appear until closer to sailing. If the bungalows are indeed gone, that would be a very new development. Lots of things are changing, but can't imagine that they would do away with them altogether.

Lunch will be delivered to your cabana, however you're free to go to the buffet area, if you prefer. No idea as to the "self serve beer".

I have no real knowledge of RCL’s plans for coco cay. However... there will be bungalows there in early June (definitely within the time the new version of coco cay will be opened).  I wonder if people are sometimes reporting that they are not finding an offering at coco cay because they are not aware that Royal Caribbean doesn’t show all the options and excursions available for particular port on most of their web pages.  That is, there are usually quite a large number of options show, but to see “all” of them you must click a rather small, out of the way link at the bottom. Definitely possible.

I have no real knowledge of RCL’s plans for coco cay. However... there will be bungalows there in early June (definitely within the time the new version of coco cay will be opened).  I wonder if people are sometimes reporting that they are not finding an offering at coco cay because they are not aware that Royal Caribbean doesn’t show all the options and excursions available for particular port on most of their web pages.  That is, there are usually quite a large number of options show, but to see “all” of them you must click a rather small, out of the way link at the bottom. Definitely possible.
That's certainly possible, but even when clicking that link, the full array of what will be offered won't always be available. The farther out the sailing date, the more likely that is to be the case. Our upcoming sailing on Freedom, for example. Until a couple of weeks ago, each port stop listed about 10 excursion options. At around 200 days out, each began listing at least twice that number.

Just have to keep checking, and definitely click to "show all", as you indicated.

15 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Our cruise is this nov 16 2019. 

I know about the drink packages working on private islands. But am curious and self serve beer. Maybe a swipe of your sea pass??

The passes do work, but there are speciality drinks that cost you regardless and the self-serve beer (if and when that is available) is yet an additional fee. But do make sure you have seen everything offered for coco cay since there will be maybe 15 or so options shown, but to see all offered you have to click on a small link below those (for coco cay there are maybe another 15 on the second page). Coco cay has cabanas, bungalows, and beach beds. There is really very little difference between the bungalows and cabanas, the latter has 2 wood walls vs. 1. Also some cabanas are over the water making it faster there (but most all cabanas and bungalows it’s close). Some apparently will also be near the pool and those seemed higher than the beach cabanas when I glanced at them. Of course all of this applies only to coco cay, labadee is different in a number of ways. Happy  sailing 🧜🏼‍♀️

Edited by 2Beeze

We will sail in January 2020 and I've purchased an Oasis Lagoon Cabana for our gang.  Confirmation email states Cabanas E.   It was a hard choice deciding between Chill Island and the Oasis Lagoon, but the swim-up bar at Oasis Lagoon was the winning element in our choice.  Can't wait! 

7 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

That's certainly possible, but even when clicking that link, the full array of what will be offered won't always be available. The farther out the sailing date, the more likely that is to be the case. Our upcoming sailing on Freedom, for example. Until a couple of weeks ago, each port stop listed about 10 excursion options. At around 200 days out, each began listing at least twice that number.

Just have to keep checking, and definitely click to "show all", as you indicated.

True true!  They do remove excursions/options and add the (adding further to the confusion). Of course not the main things on coco cay typically are not changing (although they can surely sell out). I think there are many people who are new to cruising who don’t realize that the cruise lines hold back 25 or 50% of reservations for restaurants and other offerings until sailing (although it would drive me crazy to wait!)

Edited by 2Beeze

Make sure you read the description.  Last April we rented a Cabana and got the floating mats, snorkel gear, an buffet in the cabana area.  This year we are renting a cabana in July and the description does not include the floating mats, snorkel gear, or the buffet.  It states there will be snacks in the area but you have to walk to Chill Grill to get meals.  I also asked customer service about the mats and snorkel stuff and they stated that won't be available in cabanas after May unless you are in a suite (which I am not).  Not sure if we will know until May how the Perfect Day will actually affect cabanas.

47 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

We will sail in January 2020 and I've purchased an Oasis Lagoon Cabana for our gang.  Confirmation email states Cabanas E.   It was a hard choice deciding between Chill Island and the Oasis Lagoon, but the swim-up bar at Oasis Lagoon was the winning element in our choice.  Can't wait! 

The swim-up bar is definitely a winner.  The pool area cabanas weren't up yet when we were there March 16, but since the pool area is done and open they should be coming soon.  

Edited by AshleyDillo

2beeze, when you say the self serve beer is extra (not included in the deluxe beverage package) are you stating fact or speculation??

If speculation, i think different. I believe they say  it will have a cost, on the description of the cabana, because alcohol is not included in the price of the cabana. If you are stating fact, whete did you get this info??

I did click the button at the bottom for more options, and all that showed up is more shore excursions like swimming with the pigs. Nothing more on cococay. 

I am very happy on booking a cabana. Just wondered why i didn't see options for bungalows. I tend to believe what others said that maybe too far out.