COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

39 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

This screenshot is weird, because I see in mine Price per Adult : 499  Price per Child 499, in here just prices from: 

I agree.

The only way I could come close to duplicating the screen shot showing a price over $1200 is to select multiple passengers with a checkbox in the order, rather than just one person. Once person is all that is needed, as it included 6 passes for 2 of the cabana locations and 8 for the other. When checking just one person...it comes up with the correct lower price.

The sub $400 prices come during special promotion times that come up from time to time.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

Some additional information received regarding the cabana pricing. Key factors include:

1) Date of cruise

2) Type of cabin (Suites appear to have lower cabana pricing than balcony, inside cabins)

3) C&A status

4) Occasional "discount" deals - usually a $100 reduction

There are other factors...but those are the main ones, and might help explain the significant pricing variations being reported.

16 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I would also think ship would have alot to do with it. Bigger ship,higher demand would mean higher price. 

Actually...that's 5th on the list. Yes, more passengers should mean more cabanas reserved...however...since there are a limited number of cabanas anyway...the pricing offers are actually determined by the sequence in my previous post above. 

Apparently the assumption by RCI is that Suite passengers and those with higher status will likely gobble up most of the cabanas ahead of higher-priced offers to others - so the demand will always be high anyway, regardless of which ship is in port.

It's safe to assume that if they ever had issues "selling" the cabanas at Coco Cay (unlikely)...their data would trigger "pricing adjustment offers" to lower-status C&A passengers, regardless of the specific ship in port.

In the end...Suites and C&A status are the heaviest impacts to pricing for cabanas.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

27 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Some additional information received regarding the cabana pricing. Key factors include:

1) Date of cruise

2) Type of cabin (Suites appear to have lower cabana pricing than balcony, inside cabins)

3) C&A status

4) Occasional "discount" deals - usually a $100 reduction

There are other factors...but those are the main ones, and might help explain the significant pricing variations being reported.

Are there cabana discounts based on C&A level?

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Are there cabana discounts based on C&A level?

I was told by a senior person in  RCI Marketing that the amounts of the discounts are generally the same ($100 off the regular prices), but that there are base "tiers" of prices based on a matrix/formula with Cabin category & C&A status as the key parameters.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

7 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I was told by a senior person in  RCI Marketing that the amounts of the discounts are generally the same ($100 off the regular prices), but that there are base "tiers" of prices based on a matrix/formula with Cabin category & C&A status as the key parameters.

Thanks for the info.  I suppose we should be seeing reports of pricing differences here any time as I believe these cabanas have been available for pre-cruise purchase for a while.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Thanks for the info.  I suppose we should be seeing reports of pricing differences here any time as I believe these cabanas have been available for pre-cruise purchase for a while.

Indeed. There have been a couple of reports of cabana pricing variations already for the same cabana location (such as Thrill Waterpark) - prices varying quite a bit.  Upon further information provided...both cabin type (such as Suites) and C&A status did in fact impact the price differences somehow - so these factors seem to be fractionally validated.

16 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

On nov 19,2019 sailing in a junior suite on grandeur of the seas. Current crown and anchor level platinum, ( will be emerald in nov)

I paid $381 for a chill island cabana. 

We're also on a November sailing on Navigator - Also a Junior Suite...Emerald status (Diamond after that cruise)...can get that same cabana for $319 (includes $100 promotional discount that comes & goes). 

Thanks for sharing your information...this seems to be some good comparison data regarding the parameters uncovered for pricing.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

20 minutes ago, panzafit said:

I'm in an ov balcony on Harmony June 30th, gold status, got the Chill Island cabana for $494 on Black Friday.  Since then it has been a consistent $599.

That sounds about right, given the parameters mentioned earlier in Posts 127 & 131.

Yep, I'm only Platinum and booked an oceanview balcony so I got the Lagoon Cabana for $499.   Will see if my friends in a Jr. Suite but lower level can get a better price.  We're 42 weeks away, so the price may be discounted as we get closer to sailing.  This is a very helpful thread, thank you!

Just for additional data points:

We are Diamond, sailing in a Junior Suite on the Navigator at the end of May 2019.  Current Cruise Planner prices as of today:

Thrill Waterpark Cabana: $399.00

Oasis Lagoon Cabana: $379.00

Chill Island Cabana: $379.00

We currently have a Chill Island Cabana booked that I paid $319.00 for a couple weeks ago.

Dan.

16 hours ago, Dan-P said:

Just for additional data points:

We are Diamond, sailing in a Junior Suite on the Navigator at the end of May 2019.  Current Cruise Planner prices as of today:

Thrill Waterpark Cabana: $399.00

Oasis Lagoon Cabana: $379.00

Chill Island Cabana: $379.00

We currently have a Chill Island Cabana booked that I paid $319.00 for a couple weeks ago.

Dan.

Thanks for sharing.  You data further validates the information in posts 127 & 131.

Just for investigation...I rechecked the cabana pricing last night.

While the discounts came off during the week for 4 days...they came back yesterday.

These continue to be the lowest prices seen to date for us.  We have a Junior Suite on Navigator in November.

Thrill Cabana.jpg

Chill Island.jpg

Oasis Lagoon.jpg

Beach Bungalow on South Beach or Chill Island Cabana?  I have both reserved for our May "Perfect Day at Coco Cay".  Which has the best location to the bars and food?  Which has the best swimming area?  I don't want to let the price influence my decision...I want the best beach, please help!

I haven't experienced either but when researching seemed to indicate the bungalows (who knows if relocated so ymmv) had shallow water where could walk out a long ways and only be up to your knees.  

Chill Island Cabanas I think are the current Oceanview deluxe cabanas and have deeper water swimming area.

Since the Chill Grill area is already open I'd think food and drink easier from those cabanas.  In December when South Beach scheduled to be "complete" maybe availability of food the same.ovcabanas.jpg.3444a097eac1e1cbbf43875120ec2714.jpg

19 hours ago, SAmome said:

Maybe they are giving the Suite guests discounts on cabanas because they will not have a private beach area like on Labadee.

That's certainly a consideration/possibility...but i know of at least one party booked in a balcony...with a very similar price. However, they are Diamond status C&A.  So perhaps a combination of things indeed goes into the pricing.

what is the plan for the current suite / cabana area?  spent a really nice day there last week.

Also.  What happens when there are 2 ships at port.  Currently, we are scheduled to be at Cocoa Cay with Allure.  We are on Grandeur.