COCOCAY Ocean View Deluxe Cabana OR Beach Bungalows

Just booked a Coco Cay Thrill Waterpark Cabana.

With the private covered cabana setting, comfortable seating, personal cabana service, water & towels all day, and free food & beverages nearby at the Snack Shack...all at $79/person for the whole day of fun ($66/person if you have 6 people)...seems like quite a good deal for our group of 5 people. We likely won't be doing the zipline or air balloon ride (extra)...but could add easily enough if we want.

According to my Cruise Planner, the over-water bungalows are only available in the Beach Club.  The almost $1000 bungalow includes up to 8 people in the private Beach Club, their private restaurant and the other perks that come with that.  Otherwise, Beach Club is for suite guests and those paying about $99 each without the bungalow. 

We were on Coco Cay earlier and rented a bungalow (not a cabana).  We were able to get in the front row because we went to the Excursions desk immediately when we go on board the ship and almost all of the bungalows were still available. We were not in a suite and I reserved online about a month before the cruise.  We really enjoyed our experience.  The couch was really comfortable and having the curtains to block the sun made a huge difference (we both like the shade).  There are two loungers with cushions outside the bungalow so you can be in the sun if you want. There are only six people allowed per bungalow and they were checking wrist bands and challenging people who did not have them.

The food was so-so (next time I might go down to the buffet instead) but the bathrooms are really close and there is a nice small bar right there - and they will deliver drinks to your bungalow. We also got four large bottles of Evian in a cooler. The beach itself is very nice but the water is not - it's very shallow for about 100 yards out and while they appear to have cut down the seaweed, the bottom of the water is really uneven and full of holes.  It's not a beach for swimming for adults but a great place to take your floating mat and float. If you want a shaded, quiet place to relax but don't need the extra amenities of a cabana then a bungalow is probably right for you.  You could also do a beach bed as they are very similar but with a solid bed and not a sectional couch and coffee table (and no loungers).

The attached file below has the Overview information of each of the 3 different CABANA packages at Coco Cay directly from the Royal site itself.

NOTE: the 4th option, "CABANAs over WATER" are not expected to be open/available until in November or December. None of the options refer to their choices as bungalows. You can rent Bungalows...which are different...at multiple locations.

The selection of a cabana choice primarily comes down to location, location, location on Coco Cay island.

OVERVIEW_CABANA PACKAGES.pdf

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

17 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

The attached file below has the Overview information of each of the 3 different CABANA packages at Coco Cay directly from the Royal site itself.

I just wanted to add that the prices for the cabanas are NOT per person, rather, they are for either 6 or 8 people in total (depending on which one you choose) for the cabana for the day. Only one person needs to reserve a cabana, and gets either 6 or 8 armbands for the rest of the people you plan to include in your group.

5 minutes ago, bcaha said:

thanks, Bob. Also, now that there will be dock, does anyone know if we can go back on the ship for lunch? thanks

You can go back to the ship for lunch whether you are docked or tendered.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bcaha said:

Didn't know if the Windjammer or other restaurants would be open while at Cocoa Cay. thanks. 

At least one "free" restaurant will be open.  Most ships will have Windjammer open, however I recall one ship (Enchantment or Majesty) that had the MDR open for lunch (WJ closed) while at Coco Cay.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 7:39 AM, hapster85 said:

Lunch will be delivered to your cabana, however you're free to go to the buffet area, if you prefer. No idea as to the "self serve beer".

Huh??

I have never seen/heard of lunch being delivered to cabanas.  Only to Bungalows.

Cabanas have the upgraded buffet, where the meats are actually grilled right next to the buffet.

On 3/19/2019 at 3:09 PM, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

NOTE: the 4th option, "CABANAs over WATER" are not expected to be open/available until in November or December. None of the options refer to their choices as bungalows. You can rent Bungalows...which are different...at multiple locations.

The selection of a cabana choice primarily comes down to location, location, location on Coco Cay island.

OVERVIEW_CABANA PACKAGES.pdf 254.81 kB · 46 downloads

The Chill Island Cabanas on that flyer are the current/previous ones.  The others are being added as part of the Perfect Day, and may or may not be available soon.

23 minutes ago, SRF said:

The Chill Island Cabanas on that flyer are the current/previous ones.  The others are being added as part of the Perfect Day, and may or may not be available soon.

That is not correct. All those  Cabanas on the PDF listed are available for reservations as of May. They also appear on our Cruise Planner as well. We even booked one already.

Do the Oasis Cabanas already exist?

This is so confusing, I currently have 3 options (my sail is 300 days away) and struggling to understand which one I want. 

I have the Chill Island Cabanas

The Lagoon Cabanas

The ones by the waterpark, that at least in the pictures dont look very appealing, just a tart? and chairs underneath?

and South Beach Cabanas

Does any of this already exist?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Deseo1578 said:

Do the Oasis Cabanas already exist?

This is so confusing, I currently have 3 options (my sail is 300 days away) and struggling to understand which one I want. 

I have the Chill Island Cabanas

The Lagoon Cabanas

The ones by the waterpark, that at least in the pictures dont look very appealing, just a tart? and chairs underneath?

and South Beach Cabanas

Does any of this already exist?

Thank you

All the Cabanas will be available by the time you take your cruise in 300 days. The last ones to be completed will the the over-the-water Cabanas on the South end of the island.

The choices are quite simple...location drives your choices. The pricing is very similar. If you want to be near the water park area...there's a Cabana option for that.  If you what the most peaceful area...the Chill area is probably the choice. If you want the swim-up to the bar area...the Oasis Cabanas are for you.

All the Cabanas are very similar...and it comes down to what surrounding/nearby areas you wish to be located near.

5 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

That is not correct. All those  Cabanas on the PDF listed are available for reservations as of May. They also appear on our Cruise Planner as well. We even booked one already.

And they were on there for people to book before May.   Just because you can book them does not mean they will actually be open.  They may be.  Or RC may refund your payment and say, SORRY.

Remember, the pier was originally going to be done last September.

And the Perfect Day was supposed to be open this past winter.

But there is always the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus.

Edited by SRF

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

And they were on there for people to book before May.   Just because you can book them does not mean they will actually be open.  They may be.  Or RC may refund your payment and say, SORRY.

Remember, the pier was originally going to be done last September.

And the Perfect Day was supposed to be open this past winter.

But there is always the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, and Santa Claus.

I guess not everyone has been reading the information about Coco Cay in terms of readiness.

There's a whole thread on that topic.

Pier is already open this month. Rest of island amenities open in May 2019. South end over-the-water cabanas open before year end. There's a reason why the various cabanas are on Cruise Planner listings...because in another 6-8 weeks...they will be finished and available.  No fantasy creatures required.

Huh??

I have never seen/heard of lunch being delivered to cabanas.  Only to Bungalows.

Cabanas have the upgraded buffet, where the meats are actually grilled right next to the buffet.
Meh. It's been one of those weeks.

On 3/19/2019 at 11:22 AM, suesnake2002 said:

Double checked my cruise planner, there is no such thing as bungalows for rent, only cabanas. Here is the description of what i booked. While one description makes it sound like fresh grilled food, the other one makes it sound like you gotta go to the snack bar. 

We will buy deluxe bev package. So i am curious about the self serve beer for an additional charge 

Screenshot_20190319-071708.jpg

Screenshot_20190319-071655.jpg

We are going to Cococay in July on Harmony and we have a beach Bungalow booked.