My bags are packed and we are ready to go,,,but here comes the snow

LUV THE SEA

If you are concerned about the 25 miles to the airport, have you considered going to a hotel at the airport on Wednesday? You would be there if the airport is cleared and have a bit of peace of mind in worrying about clearing the roads.

Best wishes, and hope things work out for you.

Last I saw (noon news), it's going to snow all day and into Wednesday evening, so getting to an airport hotel would likely be worse than going to the airport Thursday morning.

Thanks for the info. As you can tell from my "name", I'm a "westcoaster" and we only deal with rain. As we rarely have transportation to the airport on the day of our flight, and as we usually have very early departures, we normally head for LAX the precious afternoon (rent a one-way car) and have time to relax after the hurry of getting ready for a vacation.

Since the storm will be here all day tomorrow...staying at a hotel is not an option...we just have to pray it leaves early enough to get the roads and airport plowed in time for our midday flight on Thursday, Schools are already closed in NYC so I think they are thinking tomorrow will be a disaster...IT"S SPRING please tell Mother Nature:)

Since the storm will be here all day tomorrow...staying at a hotel is not an option...we just have to pray it leaves early enough to get the roads and airport plowed in time for our midday flight on Thursday, Schools are already closed in NYC so I think they are thinking tomorrow will be a disaster...IT"S SPRING please tell Mother Nature:)

I am so sorry you have this awful complication at this critical time in your cruise planning. It is bad enough having to keep weighing suitcases at the 11th hour before departure. Wishing you the very best and if I could I would come personally and take away every single snow flake melt and them all into our drying California reservoirs.

Thanks Olssalt...I still have a foot of snow on my deck from the last snowstorm...you can come and get as many snowflakes as you need :)

LOL - I'm happy to send as much snow as anyone wants too. Due for 2' at the last call :(

Good luck with your flights. I sure hope it all goes well for you (yn). Thankfully you have leeway and, hopefully, it is all over and cleaned and you get out with no issues and travel safely.

Thanks Olssalt...I still have a foot of snow on my deck from the last snowstorm...you can come and get as many snowflakes as you need :)

Of course since I am from California, maybe we could trade you our ...(ahem).... "snowflakes"..... for your real snowflakes. A deal?

LOL - I'm happy to send as much snow as anyone wants too. Due for 2' at the last call :(

Good luck with your flights. I sure hope it all goes well for you (yn). Thankfully you have leeway and, hopefully, it is all over and cleaned and you get out with no issues and travel safely.

I just hope it stops in time---if the flight is on we will be there---even if I have to tie our pups to pull a sled:) They are less than 10 pounds each so it might take a while LOL

Good luck!

Heard on the news that NYC is on the fringe as its supposed to wallop the DC area but either way there have been too many N'oreasters!

We are right in the middle of it and could get 12-18" of snow.

We are right in the middle of it and could get 12-18" of snow.

We are on the borderline of 1-3 inches north of us and 3-6 inches south of us. DW teaches at a school south of us and they already cancelled today even though it is not supposed to start until much later.

They have already taken so many extra snow days that her Spring Break was down to Good Friday and the day before. Now the day before, which happens to be her birthday, will probably be a school day.

She has mentioned that she is glad that we did not book a Bermuda cruise for the scheduled vacation!

When booking a roomette all meals are included with the price. Sort of like a cruise without the water.

We call it a "land cruise." Food depends on the train. Amtrak took the diner off the Silver Star in order to offer less expensive sleeping accommodations. If you go NY to Miami, it's 30 hours with only cafe car food. We always take the Silver Meteor now because the dining car food is so good and the cafe car food is not good.

I just checked the Amtrak site. Coach seats are available tomorrow and Friday. As navybankerteacher predicted, sleepers are sold out. Today's FL trains are cancelled. There's a risk that tomorrow's will be, too. The NY-Philly-DC corridor is going to be slammed.

Thanks once again to everyone...we have been shoveling periodia;;y all day. The totals were lower and the streets remained pretty clear....I think we had 10" but it came gradually so it all helped the cleanup here in NJ?NY area...Looks like we can get to the airport tomorrow and it looks like our flight will be on time...and we can get to the FL sunshine...and we fnially got our cabin assignment...so we are not homeless for the cruise...LOL

Thanks again and everyone!!!!

Thanks once again to everyone...we have been shoveling periodia;;y all day. The totals were lower and the streets remained pretty clear....I think we had 10" but it came gradually so it all helped the cleanup here in NJ?NY area...Looks like we can get to the airport tomorrow and it looks like our flight will be on time...and we can get to the FL sunshine...and we fnially got our cabin assignment...so we are not homeless for the cruise...LOL

Thanks again and everyone!!!!

Glad to hear the very good news.

Safe, smooth travels to you and have a great cruise :)

Yea!!! Enjoy the sunshine. Being in a snow area state it’s always a little nerve wracking, finger crossing, prayers praying adventure before one finally steps on the plane. I hope you have a marvelous time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums