Is Cheers (non-alcoholic drinks) worth it?

I was thinking of getting Cheers, but I do not like alcoholic drinks. I drink wine maybe twice a year and liquor and beer taste disgusting to me. I do like fruity non-alcoholic drinks, iced coffee, milkshakes, Powerade and water. For our 4 day cruise on the Liberty, do you think the Cheers package would be worth it? If so, what are some good virgin drinks and other drinks that I may be interested in?

Question #2 To use the early saver and VIFP, I am in the room with my son and daughter and my husband is in the room with my nephews. Neither of us are big drinkers. If I get the Cheers package then I will be the only person who can purchase it because my kids are not 21 yet. However, once on board my husband and son will have get their rooms switched. How will this affect the Cheers package if I pre-purchase it? If my husband will have to end up paying for Cheers, then it will definitely NOT be worth it. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I think non-alcoholic drinks are around the $3-$5 range, so would need 10+ per day to be worth it. I doubt it. Don’t forget you can get ice water (not bottled), ice tea, and lemonade for free at buffet and with meals. I make my own iced coffee at the buffet also.

No, you can book cheers for one and then switch the room keys once you get onboard. People do it all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why tell them they switching rooms? Just exchange key cards... DONE!!! Happy cruising

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I thought they would have to switch keys because each person's credit card will be attached to their S & S card. My son will be responsible for paying for his own things. I guess we can work something out regarding the credit cards.

If you're not drinking any alcoholic beverages over the course of your 4 day cruise, then it's a total waste of your money to buy Cheers. If you said you were going to have 2 glasses of wine with dinner each evening then I would say go for it. If you do decide to pull the trigger, the Liberty has an Alchemy Bar, which is very unique and unlike any bar you have probably seen. The mixologists there make concoctions using fresh ingredients based upon your suggestion, unlike the bartenders at the other bars on board using pre-made mixes and sweet crap to put together a drink. At the Alchemy bar they will ask you if you like sweet, spicy, fruity and then what type of alcohol. Maybe you don't like alcohol simply because you have not met a drink that you really like? For instance, when you get a margarita at a regular bar on board, you get tequila, triple sec and mix. At the Alchemy, you'd get high end tequila, Grand Marnier, fresh squeezed lime juice and agave nectar and possibly fresh chopped ginger. You can also try different liquors to put in your coffee such as Bailey's, Kahlua, Sambuca or Amaretto.

You will come out way ahead if you do not purchase the cheers package. You would have to really struggle to drink enough to break even. Just pay as you go and save.

Exactly, the non-alcoholic cocktails are around $7 each with gratuity, which is pretty much the most expensive non-alcoholic drink you will find on board, and you'd have to drink almost 9 a day just to break even.

I was thinking of getting Cheers, but I do not like alcoholic drinks. I drink wine maybe twice a year and liquor and beer taste disgusting to me. I do like fruity non-alcoholic drinks, iced coffee, milkshakes, Powerade and water. For our 4 day cruise on the Liberty, do you think the Cheers package would be worth it? If so, what are some good virgin drinks and other drinks that I may be interested in?

Question #2 To use the early saver and VIFP, I am in the room with my son and daughter and my husband is in the room with my nephews. Neither of us are big drinkers. If I get the Cheers package then I will be the only person who can purchase it because my kids are not 21 yet. However, once on board my husband and son will have get their rooms switched. How will this affect the Cheers package if I pre-purchase it? If my husband will have to end up paying for Cheers, then it will definitely NOT be worth it. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

I don't think I would do it. I'm on the same situation except I don't drink at all and I thought about it but decided it's cheaper for us to pay as we go. I love coffee and can drink prob 10 per day but I figured we can bring a bottle of wine and a 12 pack of soda each so we're ahead of the game already. We got to Florida a few days early and got her wine from Aldi for $2.79 a bottle lol.

As far as good virgin drinks my favorite is mango pina colada. I think it's called mango swirl. I also love mojitNOs ,virgin mojito with muddled lime and mint, simple syrup and club soda. I agree with the poster that said you haven't found the right bartender that can make you drinks you like. I'm a bartender and I know I could whip you up a drink you'd love in no time. I'd make you a nice Malibu bay breeze or an east coast sex on the beach with chambord, peach schnapps,midori and pineapple and cranberry juice.Try those if you want something you'll like :)

Cheers

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...

Here is the evaluator. Use it to estimate how many drinks you will drink daily to see if it is worth it to you.

To me, it was worth it from the standpoint of I pre-paid ahead using the online discount of booking prior to cruise and using a 10% off card to pay with it. Beats that surprise slid under the door at the end of the cruise I had the first time!

Plus I never felt "guilty" when I didn't finish a watered down drink or ordered one I didn't like. As someone else said, it enhances your experience.

Enjoy!

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator (2).xls

how many milkshakes can you drink per day? I think drinking too many milkshakes would cut into my ability to eat lots of the other food
How about a milkshake as something coming back from your port of call around 400? No need to have one every day. And if you want something less filling, get a float.

I doubt there would be many situations where Cheers would be worth it without any alcohol. If you want the experience of no bill at the end though and being able to experiment "guilt free" with different drinks you might consider purchasing Cruise Bar Cash or general Cruise Cash (that can be used other places on the ship). I think the limit is $500 per type/per cabin.

Please see prices and notes in red, then decide for yourself if the Cheers packages is worth it for you.

I was thinking of getting Cheers, but I do not like alcoholic drinks. I drink wine maybe twice a year and liquor and beer taste disgusting to me. I do like fruity non-alcoholic drinks (NADA frozen daiquiris and virgin coladas $5.75), iced coffee ($2.95-3.95 + $0.50 per flavor shot), milkshakes ($5.75), Powerade ($5.25) and water (0.5L bottle of still $1.95 Pelegrino $3.95). For our 4 day cruise on the Liberty, do you think the Cheers package would be worth it? If so, what are some good virgin drinks and other drinks that I may be interested in?

Carnival does offer a loyalty card at the coffee bar for specialty coffees where you buy 6 the seventh is free, but nothing for the shakes. The Bottomless Bubbles program covers more than just soda, it also includes juices and non-frozen mocktails, but unfortunately not specialty coffees, bottled waters, or blender drinks. You can order things like...

Virgin Sunrise = orange, pineapple, and grapefruit juices mixed with sprite and splash of grenadine.

Afterglow = orange and pineapple juice with a heavy dose of grenadine syrup

Virgin Mimosa = orange juice and ginger ale or sprite

Cranberry Kiss = club soda or seltzer with cranberry juice, ginger ale or sprite may also be used

Cinderella = ginger ale w/ orange and pineapple juices and fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup or agave syrup may also be added

Kid's Pirate Punch = each bartenders makes it a little different but it's the juice blend used in the Pirates Punch cocktail

Basically any combination of juices &/or sodas with modest additions of bar syrups or sauces should be covered as long as the blender is not needed to make them.

If you and you DH are BOOKED in different cabins and one of you pre-orders the Cheers package the other does not need to get the package. There is no need to "switch" cabins, as the guardians you can just request, once on board at guest services, a seperate door only key card to either cabin. That way the adults can have their privacy and still check-in at will on the kids. The stewards do not do bed checks to see who is sleeping where.

Non-alcoholic fruit drinks are $5.50- for Cheers that is about 10 a day. Also, at least 500 calories each,5000 total with no food, etc. How many pounds is that? Is it worth it?

Of course, if you shared them with your cruise mates.