Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

2 adults with 2 children 9 and 11 yo travelling from Marriott to Oceankaj, planning to use 5C bus and 25. I know that a single journey ticket is 24 DKK. Will bus driver accept 50 dkk assuming kids free? or you have to pay per person? Also what is a "multi ticket" option on journeyplanner?

Thanks so much for all of your helpful information. We've been planning to do this too. Do you know how long the track work is supposed to last? This is our plan for a Friday in about 8 weeks.

Its from the 29th of June to the 12th of August.

Only thing I would add is that the last green replacement bus (the one that goes non stop to Ryparken) departs at 19:14.

Its from the 29th of June to the 12th of August.

Only thing I would add is that the last green replacement bus (the one that goes non stop to Ryparken) departs at 19:14.

Thanks. We'll be there the end of July, so I guess this does effect us. How far do you need to ride the bus to the Ryparken station? When I had originally asked you about our plans to go to both Frederiksborg and Kronborg, you told me to do it in that order because the trains would be more comfortable on the way back. I hope we still get some time on the comfy trains.

Thanks. We'll be there the end of July, so I guess this does effect us. How far do you need to ride the bus to the Ryparken station? When I had originally asked you about our plans to go to both Frederiksborg and Kronborg, you told me to do it in that order because the trains would be more comfortable on the way back. I hope we still get some time on the comfy trains.

The majority of the trip will be on the bus to Ryparken station. Then the last part will be on an s-train to the centre (10 minutes or so). So none of the comfy trains unfortunately.

If you prefer to go by train you will have to back-track with the local train to Hillerød and the S-train from there, but it will take half an hour longer.

You can check http://www.journeyplanner.dk It is updated with all the changes in schedule.

As Frederik says, No comfy train :-(

But the 39 minutes bus ride to Ryparken will be on the same tourist busses that the cruise lines uses, so they are as comfy as the Øresund train if not a little bit more.

You can be unlucky that they use a regular bus, but that scenario is as I said unlikely.

5/31/18

Thank you for this information. I'm trying to determine best transport for 4 adults from airport to Best western plus Hotel City. It looks as though the. Strong to Kongens Nytorv station and then I think we can walk to hotel from there. Is the walk feasible?

Then on 6/12 we need transport to Princess Regal. Ocean Kaj from hotel and can't figure that out other than taxi??? Any ideas please.

Thanks in advance

sjh919

Its the Metro and not the S-tog that runs to Kongens Nytorv.

Its a short walk from the metro station to Peder Skrams Gade where the hotel is located.

If you want to go to Oceankaj its very easy.

Go to the metro and take it towards Vanløse and got off at the next stop called Nørreport.

From here you can catch bus 25 directly to the port.

You just pay for 2 adult tickets, the kid are traveling with you for free.

A 50 note should be fine as he will only have to give you 2 kroners in return.

Thank you for your prompt reply, and I assume a bus driver will give us a paper ticket/transfer to be used for the bus 25 ?

Is there any advantage to purchasing copehagen cards ahead of time? I assume they’re easy to buy at the pickup points? I know I won’t want to bother getting them at the airport bc it will be late and we’ll have 2 very tired kids with us

If you arrive late on the first day it will be a waste of money to use it on the train because its only 36 kroners pr person and if the kids are under 12 they will travel for free with you (under 16 is half price).

One advantage by ordering it before is that you will then have it on hand when you start the next day so you can then hop on the bus/Metro/train and start the day.

If you arrive late on the first day it will be a waste of money to use it on the train because its only 36 kroners pr person and if the kids are under 12 they will travel for free with you (under 16 is half price).

One advantage by ordering it before is that you will then have it on hand when you start the next day so you can then hop on the bus/Metro/train and start the day.

No, we’ll have 2 full days after our evening arrival and will board the ship on the 3rd day there. So we’ll definitely get a 48 hr card. But there doesn’t seem to be an advantage to buy it ahead because either way we have to buy it or redeem the voucher (I’m not sure there’s time for it to be mailed as it says 4-6 wk and we’re at about 6 wks out)

No, we’ll have 2 full days after our evening arrival and will board the ship on the 3rd day there. So we’ll definitely get a 48 hr card. But there doesn’t seem to be an advantage to buy it ahead because either way we have to buy it or redeem the voucher (I’m not sure there’s time for it to be mailed as it says 4-6 wk and we’re at about 6 wks out)

We bought it on line and you get the voucher immediately. then you can pick it up at the airport but it only becomes activated at the first site or transport you use it. The 6 weeks is to have it mailed to you.

Depending where you are staying there may be a pickup point nearby but my understanding is it is easy to pick up at the airport. Will find out tomorrow. Flying out tonight. Not sure I will be back on these boards but will try, if I remember.

We bought it on line and you get the voucher immediately. then you can pick it up at the airport but it only becomes activated at the first site or transport you use it. The 6 weeks is to have it mailed to you.

Depending where you are staying there may be a pickup point nearby but my understanding is it is easy to pick up at the airport. Will find out tomorrow. Flying out tonight. Not sure I will be back on these boards but will try, if I remember.

Have a great trip! Our flight (in July) doesn’t get in until 7:30pm and then customs etc I figure the airport bureau would be closed. Anyway maybe I’ll buy online and save a step then

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Danish Viking,

Thank you for all the useful information.

We are sailing the return trip from Copenhagen, but before our cruise we want to visit my brother in law in Gothenburg. Could you tell me what’s the best way of getting from Copenhagen airport to Gothenburg (and return from Gothenburg to Copenhagen city centre)? We are travelling with young children and 2 large suite cases + 2 carry ons.

I know the train is the fastest option but is there a luggage compartment we can put our luggage in? Or do we have to carry them on the train?

Flight is too expensive, so our only remaining option is to go with a bus. Just not sure which bus company to go with!

Many thanks!

Continuing from my previous post...

Alternatively we are thinking, if we can’t take all our luggage on the train, to leave some of our luggage in Copenhagen and catching the train as the timing and duration is a lot more suitable.

Do you know of any companies or storage options at the airport?

I have read all of your pages and the more confused I get so here is my question. We will be arriving on Delta terminal 2 so how do I get to the trains to go to central station and which train do I take? As I understand from the hotel (Comfort Hotel Vesterbro I am to get off at central station which they said is the 3rd stop. Are stops announced? Once arriving at central station where or which direction do I go to get to our hotel?

Thank you in advance for your help

There is a long time storage at the central station.

But the Øresund train is very suited for luggage,

You will get the cheapest ticket on SJ´s own website.

https://www.sj.se/en/home.html#/

Flixbus, Swebus and Eurolines have busses between between the 2 cities.

Thank you DV, this helps a lot! So is there a luggage compartment on the SJ train? Or are there overhead spaces for the luggage?

Also, do we need to book the train in advance or can we buy the tickets at the airport?

I have read all of your pages and the more confused I get so here is my question. We will be arriving on Delta terminal 2 so how do I get to the trains to go to central station and which train do I take? As I understand from the hotel (Comfort Hotel Vesterbro I am to get off at central station which they said is the 3rd stop. Are stops announced? Once arriving at central station where or which direction do I go to get to our hotel?

Thank you in advance for your help

If you saw my photo guide you can see that you just continue past the ticket machines and then the escalator to the platform is on your right hand side.

Its worth noticing that even though the check in areas is seperated into T2 and T3 its actually just one terminal with one security area etc.

It means that the baggage claim area is commom for all passengers.

So every one will exit the airport by the main floor on terminal 3.

Yes the central station is announced but you can't miss it.

First the train exits a rather long tunnel, then there is large area with sidings (you know where the trains are parked)

Normally the train arrives at track 1 to 4.

If you walk up to track 12 you can use that exit, turn right until you reach the big street Vesterbrogade and turn left and walk until you reach the hotel.

If you want to avoid the stairs at that exit you can also use the exit that is in the middle of the station hall.

When outside you walk left around the big hole where you can see the tracks.

At Vesterbrogade you just turn left.

Thank you DV, this helps a lot! So is there a luggage compartment on the SJ train? Or are there overhead spaces for the luggage?

Also, do we need to book the train in advance or can we buy the tickets at the airport?

There are SJ ticket machines at the airport but that will not be at the reduced price you get online.

There are overhead racks and if it is the same as Danish trains they have made it possible to store luggage between the seats that are not facing the same way.