Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

If I wait to buy the Copenhagen Card when we are there in the city, am I taking a risk that some of the sellers could be sold out? Just don't want to waste time going from one place to another looking for 2-day Copenhagen Cards. Any advice on what's the best way to purchase? We will be arriving at the airport very late (and will be very tired) so I'd rather not try to buy them there.

Does anyone have some advice they would be willing to share?

I think this is your best bet

Buy online get voucher then get at airport

Try this link for info: Just highlight it then right click to open in new link

https://copenhagencard.com/

Hours of operation:

Copenhagen Airport (Terminal 3)

Opening hours

May - October Monday - Sunday 5.10 - 23:00

November - April Monday - Sunday 6.10 - 23:00

We just got the city pass that texted to us. We just waved it at the bus driver or whatever method you use and walked on. We were not there long enough to use warrant the Copenhagen Card but that said, plans change and you may not do exactly what you expected to do.

Just remember that citypass only can be purchased online and send to your phone by text message.

But you choose the start time when you buy it.

Their public transport website says you can purchase citypass from vending machines at the airport Danish Viking?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

We found Hotel Bethel. The front door is on a very crowded area of the Nyhavn. No cars can drive up to the front door of the hotel so you will have to drag your bags a little bit. You could actually take the HOHO bus from the pier and it will drop you off just a very short walk from the hotel. The hotel is right where all the action is in Nyhavn. We were happy we didn't end up staying there. They have no air conditioning. The hotel we stayed at had air conditioning but we enjoyed just opening the windows and letting the cool night air come in the room. It would be very noisy to leave your windows open at Hotel Bethel. It is a hopping area all night long.

May I ask where you did end up staying? We're currently booked to stay at the Bethel, since we like being by the water, and it was moderately priced, for Copenhagen, but perhaps it may be too noisy. Would love to know where you stayed and how you liked it.

Thanks, Kathy

May I ask where you did end up staying? We're currently booked to stay at the Bethel, since we like being by the water, and it was moderately priced, for Copenhagen, but perhaps it may be too noisy. Would love to know where you stayed and how you liked it.

Thanks, Kathy

We had Bethel booked also. But I cancelled last minute. It has 12 steps to get into hotel, no elevator. Very noisy and crowded location. It was also cheapest. I would book Best Western Plus or Best Western Hebron instead. Radisson Blu was a great location right by the train and HOHO starting point and Tivoli. We stayed at Comfort Hotel. It was ok. Very basic hotel.

Their public transport website says you can purchase citypass from vending machines at the airport Danish Viking?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

I tried the ticket machine at my local station in Ølby and it only had the regular 24 hour ticket.

Maybe the ticket machines in zone 1, 2, 3 and 4 has that option as the ticket is only valid in these zones.

I've switched hotels a dozen times. We are now doing Phoenix Copenhagen at the front end (made sure to get exec room so A/C - using Chase ultimate rewards for that stay) and Ski Petri on the back end. I thought it was interesting, Ski Petri (and Comfort Hotel) are both under the Choice Hotel brand. Ski Petri was really expensive (I believe around $450 a night) OR you could use 6,000 Choice Hotel points and pay $100. It costs $69 to buy 6,000 Choice Hotel points. I transferred points from Amex rewards to Choice and paid the $100. But I thought, why doesn't everyone just set up a Choice account, buy 6,000 points and then you get a room for $169.

I think this is your best bet

Buy online get voucher then get at airport

Try this link for info: Just highlight it then right click to open in new link

https://copenhagencard.com/

Hours of operation:

Copenhagen Airport (Terminal 3)

Opening hours

May - October Monday - Sunday 5.10 - 23:00

November - April Monday - Sunday 6.10 - 23:00

Thanks for trying to help me! I think we get in too late to make that work, though. (as in, around 11pm).

Danish Viking/others - if you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments on these questions:

1. What is the fastest way to get from the Oceankaj port to Central Station (Kobenhavn H)? This is on Friday, August 17. I assume taxi?

2. Our ship docks at 5 am, any idea what a reasonable time is to expect us to arrive at Central Station? We are going to Hobro for a family wedding and would like to get there asap for pre-wedding festivities.

3. It looks like my wife and I each need 2 tickets - 1 for the train and 1 for the seat reservation? We will purchase at the station to afford us maximum flexibility...no pre-purchase. Also, no food/drink available on the train...must bring your own?

4. Is there plenty of storage for luggage on the trains? We will have 2 large suitcases and 2 small carry on bags.

Also, pre-cruise we arrive a day early. We were thinking about catching a relaxing canal tour in Nyhavn and eating at a restaurant in Nyhavn after the tour. Any restaurant recommendations or suggestions on alternate activities? Nothing too strenuous as we will have just arrived from the US. We will likely try to see a few sights the morning of the next day too before heading to oceankaj to board. Any suggestions/must see locations?

I've switched hotels a dozen times. We are now doing Phoenix Copenhagen at the front end (made sure to get exec room so A/C - using Chase ultimate rewards for that stay) and Ski Petri on the back end. I thought it was interesting, Ski Petri (and Comfort Hotel) are both under the Choice Hotel brand. Ski Petri was really expensive (I believe around $450 a night) OR you could use 6,000 Choice Hotel points and pay $100. It costs $69 to buy 6,000 Choice Hotel points. I transferred points from Amex rewards to Choice and paid the $100. But I thought, why doesn't everyone just set up a Choice account, buy 6,000 points and then you get a room for $169.

Wow wish I had known how you did that before we stayed. I paid $568 for 2 night stay at the Comfort Hotel.

Danish Viking/others - if you have a few minutes, I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments on these questions:

1. What is the fastest way to get from the Oceankaj port to Central Station (Kobenhavn H)? This is on Friday, August 17. I assume taxi?

2. Our ship docks at 5 am, any idea what a reasonable time is to expect us to arrive at Central Station? We are going to Hobro for a family wedding and would like to get there asap for pre-wedding festivities.

3. It looks like my wife and I each need 2 tickets - 1 for the train and 1 for the seat reservation? We will purchase at the station to afford us maximum flexibility...no pre-purchase. Also, no food/drink available on the train...must bring your own?

4. Is there plenty of storage for luggage on the trains? We will have 2 large suitcases and 2 small carry on bags.

Also, pre-cruise we arrive a day early. We were thinking about catching a relaxing canal tour in Nyhavn and eating at a restaurant in Nyhavn after the tour. Any restaurant recommendations or suggestions on alternate activities? Nothing too strenuous as we will have just arrived from the US. We will likely try to see a few sights the morning of the next day too before heading to oceankaj to board. Any suggestions/must see locations?

There are tons of restaurants on Nyhavn at all price ranges. We grabbed a burger and then had a waffle with ice cream on top for dessert there.

Good Morning Danish Viking----I have been reading your Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition with interest.

If you would be so kind to clarify or correct some of my thoughts. I have used your information and maps of Copenhagen , so here goes.

We are arriving at the airport on Friday 24th August , staying at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade. Do we take the metro, or S tog, to the Central Train Station? Or is there a stop before the Central Station that is closer to the hotel?

I believe the hotel is 0.7km walk from the Central Train Station. Very walkable dragging suitcases. However if there are people in our group that would rather take a bus, what would the bus number be that we would take?

On Sunday we head to the ship, Oceankaj pier. Back to Central train station, take S tog to Norreport or Osterport station? Then bus 25 or 27? to the port. I understand travelling on Sunday will make a difference in what bus to catch.

Looking forward to visiting your city and country. Thank you,

Ross

(P.S.) My favourite goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs is Frederik Andersen, from Herning Denmark, Go Leafs Go

There is a Intercity Lyn train at 05:52 and a intercity train at 06:00 but both of them are probably to risk to try to book.

The ICL at 06:52 or the IC at 07:00 is more realistic to reach.

It takes 17 minutes by car from Oceankaj to Hovedbanegården (København H)

The difference from the lyntog train to the regular intercity train is only 25 minutes in travel time.

Also there is track works so the train ends in Langå so you have to take a replacement bus from Langå to Hobro (30 minutes travel time) or get your relatives to pick you up in Langå.

The 06:52 departure is in Langå 10:13 and the 07:00 departure is in Langå 10:47.

But its very simple, the replacement bus you have to take only stops in Hobro on the way to Aalborg.

They recommend to reserve a seat but that can be done at the train station but allow yourself time to get a ticket.

And you can store luggage at the luggage rack above your seat and in between the seats that face opposide each other as well.

At Nyhavn you should try out Nyhavns Færgekro for good seafood.

Are you on MSC Preziosa canadianmountie? We embark on Sunday 26 August too!

Good Morning Danish Viking----I have been reading your Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition with interest.

If you would be so kind to clarify or correct some of my thoughts. I have used your information and maps of Copenhagen , so here goes.

We are arriving at the airport on Friday 24th August , staying at Wakeup Copenhagen Carsten Niebuhrs Gade. Do we take the metro, or S tog, to the Central Train Station? Or is there a stop before the Central Station that is closer to the hotel?

I believe the hotel is 0.7km walk from the Central Train Station. Very walkable dragging suitcases. However if there are people in our group that would rather take a bus, what would the bus number be that we would take?

On Sunday we head to the ship, Oceankaj pier. Back to Central train station, take S tog to Norreport or Osterport station? Then bus 25 or 27? to the port. I understand travelling on Sunday will make a difference in what bus to catch.

Ross

(P.S.) My favourite goaltender for the Toronto Maple Leafs is Frederik Andersen, from Herning Denmark, Go Leafs Go

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Ross

You take the Øresundstog train from the airport to the central station from here you can walk or take bus 34 towards Bella Center or Søvang and get off at Tivoli Congress Center

There is no difference about it being a Sunday.

Bus 25 and 27 will run almost as normal.

So get bus 34 back to the central station.

Take any northbound train to Østerport and catch both bus 25 and 27 from there.

There is a Intercity Lyn train at 05:52 and a intercity train at 06:00 but both of them are probably to risk to try to book.

The ICL at 06:52 or the IC at 07:00 is more realistic to reach.

It takes 17 minutes by car from Oceankaj to Hovedbanegården (København H)

The difference from the lyntog train to the regular intercity train is only 25 minutes in travel time.

Also there is track works so the train ends in Langå so you have to take a replacement bus from Langå to Hobro (30 minutes travel time) or get your relatives to pick you up in Langå.

The 06:52 departure is in Langå 10:13 and the 07:00 departure is in Langå 10:47.

But its very simple, the replacement bus you have to take only stops in Hobro on the way to Aalborg.

They recommend to reserve a seat but that can be done at the train station but allow yourself time to get a ticket.

And you can store luggage at the luggage rack above your seat and in between the seats that face opposide each other as well.

At Nyhavn you should try out Nyhavns Færgekro for good seafood.

Mange tak! This was most helpful. Transferring to the bus in Langå would have been a surprise.

Do we need a separate ticket for the bus or is that covered when we purchase the rail tickets in København H? Also, I assume we take the bus back to Langå on our return trip to København.

Your restaurant recommendation sounds delicious!

Just make sure that your ticket is valid all the way to Hobro, the seat reservation will however only be for Langå.

I forgot to notice that you have to get your supply for the trip before you board the train.

But there is two 7/Eleven and one SuperBrugsen at the central station.

And yes also get on the bus back to Langå as the track work last until the 27th of august.

Also its very important that you take the green replacement bus as this is the one that only stops in Hobro and Aalborg.

There is also a blue one that stops in Randers and Hobro but the red one I think it was stops in all town's between Langå and Aalborg and will probably be the most crowded followed by the one that also stops in Randers.

So get on the Green replacement bus :-)

Edited by Danish viking

Again, thank you Danish Viking! I should probably inform my niece and her soon to be husband (who is from Hobro) about the train work in case other guests are flying into Copenhagen. I think most will be flying into Aalborg.

Is there a website with all of this information? I couldn't find much on the DSB website.

Again, thank you Danish Viking! I should probably inform my niece and her soon to be husband (who is from Hobro) about the train work in case other guests are flying into Copenhagen. I think most will be flying into Aalborg.

Is there a website with all of this information? I couldn't find much on the DSB website.

Its a bad costumer service to not have this info on the english website but here it is in Danish, then you can probably use google to translate it.

http://www.dsb.dk/trafikinformation/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/181016-5-langa---aalborg/

From Aalborg it will off course be the Green or Blue replacement bus towards Langå.

Alternatively a taxi from Aalborg airport to Hobro will cost around 1100 kroner.

From Langå to Hobro its around 700 kroner.

The journeyplanner is in english and is always updated with track repairs and other incidents.

http://www.dsb.dk/Rejseplan/bin/query.exe/en?L=vs_dsb&

Its a bad costumer service to not have this info on the english website but here it is in Danish, then you can probably use google to translate it.

http://www.dsb.dk/trafikinformation/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/andringer-i-trafik-og-drift/181016-5-langa---aalborg/

The journeyplanner is in english and is always updated with track repairs and other incidents.

http://www.dsb.dk/Rejseplan/bin/query.exe/en?L=vs_dsb&

I had this issue a few years ago in Spain. I was taking the train from Madrid to Granada, but there was construction on the line near Granada. I had found it detailed on the website I used to book my train tickets, loco2.com but most people were very surprised when we had to get off the train, and didn't understand that we needed to go upstairs and board a bus. There were some signs, but not enough. It really helps to be informed. (The Spanish rail website was very hard to navigate. loco2.com explained everything, including exactly what all the terms on your ticket meant. I gave my explanation sheet to some fellow English-speaking travellers who were doing more train travel before they returned home.)