Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

For the Canal Tour is one better over the other or is it pretty much the same?

Netto vs. Stomma?

We have the Copenhagen Card so both are "covered" so price is not an issue.

Going in July. :)

Thanks!

Rick Steves says both are very similar; he recommends Netto only for the cost. If both are covered, I'd take whichever is more convenient. (Is it covered like public transit with unlimited uses or is it like an attraction which can only be used once?)

I'm seriously considering the Copenhagen Card when I am there in July 2019, so I'd be glad to hear how it goes.

We took the Netto boat tour. It was only a few dollars less. Same ride on both lines. We also used the HoHo bus to get to all the sites. There are two Hoho lines and they look exactly the same so it gets confusing. There is stromma red buses and then red buses red bus. They are totally different companies and they won’t let you on each other. Stromma has combo tickets. You can combine Tivoli, boat ride and two day, HOHo riding.

We didn’t realize this and bought red bus tickets. And paid separately for Netto boat and Tivoli. But it worked out fine. Prices comparable.

Our ship offered city transfers for $15 pp. so when we got off the ship we got a ride to the city center and dragged our suitcases to our hotel. City center is right in front of the train station. Used credit card for all purchases, never needed any local currency. Bathrooms are free in Copenhagen.

Consider splurging for a ride with Hey Captain. Small boat, lovely cruise with a nice glass of wine to go along. Well worth it for us.

'

We have the Copenhagen Card which includes the Netto or Stromma tours but not Hey Captain so we prefer to do one of the ones that are included.

Thanks!

A few questions:

Another question regarding the Copenhagen Card:

I saw that it can be purchased at the airport. If we purchase it there, it won't be valid until we use it the first time correct? I ask because we wouldn't use it until 11 days later. (Doing a cruise and we're staying in CPH after not before). I'm thinking of doing this so that I don't have to worry about text messages, emails and the what not. Buy it at the airport and this way when we get off the boat, we have it all ready to go.

As I mentioned we're staying in CPH after the cruise, so what is the best way to get from the cruise terminal (Oceanijc -spelling is incorrect) to Vor Frue Kirke? (We're staying right around the corner from there). Taxi? Public Transport? If taxi, approximately how much would it be for 4 people plus 4 luggage? (debating whether to start the Card that morning or wait until the afternoon so that the 48 hours end in the afternoon so that we can take the train to the airport)

Last question: What train do we take to get to the airport? About how long would it take?

Normally we do not do the "city cards" b/c cost wise we don't break even but this time we are due to convenience and we do plan on visiting a few sites and the canal tour in the 48 hours that we have afterwards.

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

You write the starting time yourself so you can buy it and use it later.

Just remember when you put the starting date that its day - month - year and not month - day - year.

Also the time is in zulu time so its like 14:53 instead of 2:53 pm.

The cruise pier is called Oceankaj :D

When getting to the airport your closest station is Nørreport.

From here you can take metro line M2 or the airport train (Øresundstog towards the airport or Sweden)

Its the same price but the airport train is less crowded and more comfy.

From Oceankaj to Vor Frue Kirke/Nørreport you are probably looking at 200 to 300 kroner.

But with 4 persons and luggage you are probably looking at a minivan and they a little bit more than a regular taxi.

Bus 25 will get you directly to Nørreport for 24 kroner for each person.

Vor Frue Kirke is located 5-10 minutes on foot from Nørreport.

Thank you so much for your prompt response! Much appreciated.

A couple more questions:

1) you wouldn't happen to know where in the airport I can purchase the CPH card do you? Coming in on SAS and it looks like it normally arrives at Gate 3, C28 - C33.

2) when you say airport train (the airport train (Øresundstog towards the airport or Sweden)) are you referring to the S line? Looking at my map I see the M2 line and then it just says S. About how much would it be per person on this? Trying to figure out the best time to start the CPH card or if I should get the 72 hour one.

So looking forward to this trip.

And I was close on the spelling. :D

I just read back about 100 posts but don’t see the answer. Forgive me if it’s been answered before.

We will arrive on Serenade next spring and want to go to Hotel Bethel from there. We really hope for a direct path and not to drag our bags far. Can anyone recommend a cab or transport company for six to ten people? Thank you!

So I'm signing off for a week as I will attend the Roskilde festival from today and until next Sunday.

I will be volunteering at the train station where I will be selling tickets for the festival train.

So if you visit the Viking Ship Museum tomorrow, Sunday, Wednesday and Friday you can drop by.

I will be wearing a navy coloured/camouflage hat :cool::cool:

I will probably be at home Monday/Tuesday to do some laundry and be myself for a few hours so maybe I can catch up on some answers there.

I am still a bit confused about the Copenhagen Card. If I purchase it online before my trip, I would still need to redeem it for a card once I got in town, correct? It looks like there are only 4 places to redeem it, the airport and 3 places all near Tivoli. I will be docking at Langelinie and none of those locations are nearby, not to mention that I would not have access to the card to pay for the transportation to those places. Am I missing something?

I am still a bit confused about the Copenhagen Card. If I purchase it online before my trip, I would still need to redeem it for a card once I got in town, correct? It looks like there are only 4 places to redeem it, the airport and 3 places all near Tivoli. I will be docking at Langelinie and none of those locations are nearby, not to mention that I would not have access to the card to pay for the transportation to those places. Am I missing something?

I don't think you are missing anything. But there are a huge number of places to buy the card in Copenhagen

https://copenhagencard.com/sales-points

including a 7-Eleven near Langelinie, so I would wait and buy it there.

I'm not sure whether the price is in DKK when purchased in Denmark; it surprises me that the cost is in Euros if you buy in advance.

If I wait to buy the Copenhagen Card when we are there in the city, am I taking a risk that some of the sellers could be sold out? Just don't want to waste time going from one place to another looking for 2-day Copenhagen Cards. Any advice on what's the best way to purchase? We will be arriving at the airport very late (and will be very tired) so I'd rather not try to buy them there.

Copenhagen Public Transport Multi ticket? We are cruising I Aug Sept 2018 and I don't think Copenhagen Card will be economic as we will have 3 separate stops in Copenhagen including 1.5 days pre cruise. Is there a multi ticket for public transport as there is in Barcelona?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

Copenhagen Public Transport Multi ticket? We are cruising I Aug Sept 2018 and I don't think Copenhagen Card will be economic as we will have 3 separate stops in Copenhagen including 1.5 days pre cruise. Is there a multi ticket for public transport as there is in Barcelona?

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Forums mobile app

maybe a city pass would work just buy for the days you are there ?

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/transportation/tickets-prices

maybe a city pass would work just buy for the days you are there ?

https://www.visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/transportation/tickets-prices

Thanks that's what I'm after! NZD34 instead of NZD91 for Copenhagen Card. We are staying pre cruise very close to Norreport so taking metro in from airport. Will buy passed at airport thanks.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Thanks I am checking out the citypass website for best way to go forward

Just remember that citypass only can be purchased online and send to your phone by text message.

But you choose the start time when you buy it.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

I just read back about 100 posts but don’t see the answer. Forgive me if it’s been answered before.

We will arrive on Serenade next spring and want to go to Hotel Bethel from there. We really hope for a direct path and not to drag our bags far. Can anyone recommend a cab or transport company for six to ten people? Thank you!

We found Hotel Bethel. The front door is on a very crowded area of the Nyhavn. No cars can drive up to the front door of the hotel so you will have to drag your bags a little bit. You could actually take the HOHO bus from the pier and it will drop you off just a very short walk from the hotel. The hotel is right where all the action is in Nyhavn. We were happy we didn't end up staying there. They have no air conditioning. The hotel we stayed at had air conditioning but we enjoyed just opening the windows and letting the cool night air come in the room. It would be very noisy to leave your windows open at Hotel Bethel. It is a hopping area all night long.

Danish Viking

Thank you for all the info. Friend and I will be in Copenhagen for 1 day only ***** a cruise with an overnight. Is it reasonable to do the 3 Stromma HOHO bus tours, their boat tour and end in Tivoli for the evening? We are in our early 70s and stalwart travelers.

Any thoughts you have are greatly appreciated.

One day is not enough time. We were there 2 days and we were able to do Tivoli and boat tour on day one. But on part of day 1 and all of day 2 we spent our time on the HOHO bus, getting off at all the sites we wanted to see to take pictures, and then getting back on and continuing on. We didn't have enough time to visit inside any of the castles. 3 days is really what you need to see as much as possible.