Wonderful Copenhagen 2018 edition.

Quick question, when do I call it luggage and when is it baggage.

Because we got luggage compartment but we also have baggage claim areas?

I'm a little bit confused. :D

Is one term British english and the other American english.

Quick question, when do I call it luggage and when is it baggage.

Because we got luggage compartment but we also have baggage claim areas?

I'm a little bit confused. :D

Is one term British english and the other American english.

You got me thinking DV. I live in Australia and English is my second language, so I had to google it!

Looks like luggage and baggage are pretty much synonymous when referring to “stuff you carry around when traveling”, except baggage can have a broader meaning... all explained in the link below:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/difference-between-luggage-and-baggage

Thanks for all your help :)

Hi DV - that was a long and helpful read for sure, but I am now suffering from information overload.

My wife is in a powered wheelchair and we will be on Silhouette on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. I did investigate guided tours but they are very expensive and all we really want to do, in the limited time available, is to wander around Nyhavn.

Are all buses wheelchair friendly?

Do we know if there is a shuttle?

Which bus should we look for?

Any other advice you might have for an elderly gent and a lady in a wheelchair would be most welcome.

Hi DV - that was a long and helpful read for sure, but I am now suffering from information overload.

My wife is in a powered wheelchair and we will be on Silhouette on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. I did investigate guided tours but they are very expensive and all we really want to do, in the limited time available, is to wander around Nyhavn.

Your ship docks at Langelinie so you could just walk/drive to Nyhavn

there is a walkway along the waterfront or up through the park

Look at a map of Copenhagen & you can see the route

Your ship docks at Langelinie so you could just walk/drive to Nyhavn

there is a walkway along the waterfront or up through the park

Look at a map of Copenhagen & you can see the route

That's what I had thought, but scale is a bit difficult sometimes.

Thanks for all the information, Danish Viking. I've been trying to decide it we should get the 24 or 48 hour Copenhagen card. We arrive after 9 pm on Wed 7/11 and head to Cruise terminal Friday noonish. We are on NCL Breakaway. Should we just pay for transportation to Hotel Mayfair on Wednesday night and to the pier on Friday and use the 24 hour card on Thursday? Or does it make it worthwhile to do 48 hours. Is the transportation that we will need be included in the card?

How would we get from the airport to First Hotel Mayfair.

Thank you again for any help you can give.

Mae

Thanks for all the information, Danish Viking. I've been trying to decide it we should get the 24 or 48 hour Copenhagen card. We arrive after 9 pm on Wed 7/11 and head to Cruise terminal Friday noonish. We are on NCL Breakaway. Should we just pay for transportation to Hotel Mayfair on Wednesday night and to the pier on Friday and use the 24 hour card on Thursday? Or does it make it worthwhile to do 48 hours. Is the transportation that we will need be included in the card?

The Copenhagen card is a bit pricey. So it only makes 'economical' sense to have on days where you use for entrance to attractions: musems, tivoli, etc. In you case, I would just buy the 24 hour one (or none at all, depending on how many attractions you can fit in), and then buy single tickets from the airport and to the cruise pier.

The transportation you need is included in the Copenhagen card, but you will be paying a substantial premium for that if you buy the 48 hour card. It does make everything easier of course (to have one ticket for everything).

Another option is to get the 'city pass' which is a transportation only card covering the centre of Copenhagen (including to/from the airport and cruise piers). It costs DK 150 (~ USD 24) for 48 hours.

A single ticket from the airport to the centre costs DKK 36. A single ticket from your hotel to the cruise pier costs DKK 24.

How would we get from the airport to First Hotel Mayfair.

You take the train (not the metro) to Copenhagen Central (København H). Exit via Vesterbrogade, and from there it is a short walk west via Vesterbrogade (5 minutes)

Do you plan to visit any Museums, attractions etc on the first day.

It will probably be cheaper to buy the 48 hour citypass instead and then just pay entrance to the things you want to see.

There is a calculator on the Copenhagen Card website so you can see if you will save any money.

Only "mistake" in the calculator is that for transportation it will include the regular 24 hour ticket that costs 130 kroner.

So for 2 days it will be 260 kroner.

But if you stay inside zones 1 to 4 (city center, Airport, cruiseport, Frederiksberg) a citypass will do and it only costs 150 kroner for 48 hours.

So if you use the calculator you have to minus your savings with 110 kroner (roughly 17 USD and 15 Euro.

Its only if you planning on visiting Kronborg Castle, Frederiksborg Palace, Viking ship museum, open air museum etc that the regular 24 hour ticket is handy.

A quick question... we are spending one night in Copenhagen before boarding our cruise on 4 July, at Ocean Quay. Where is the best area to book a hotel so it’s not too far from the port but also a reasonable distance from the main attractions or public transport?

Also, any suggestions which attractions we should visit in the half a day that we have in Copenhagen?

Many thanks.

Danish Viking - our thanks for this great thread.

We fly out in 18 hours.

everyone says we need to try the Smorrebrod with beer and schnapps. We will be staying near Tivoli Gardens - do you have any suggestions as to where we should go for this meal?

Thank you!

We are staying at Hotel Kong Arthur about 650 metres from Norreport Station a direct ride from the Airport and where the #25 bus leaves from to Oceancay

A quick question... we are spending one night in Copenhagen before boarding our cruise on 4 July, at Ocean Quay. Where is the best area to book a hotel so it’s not too far from the port but also a reasonable distance from the main attractions or public transport?

Also, any suggestions which attractions we should visit in the half a day that we have in Copenhagen?

Many thanks.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

Danish Viking - our thanks for this great thread.

We fly out in 18 hours.

everyone says we need to try the Smorrebrod with beer and schnapps. We will be staying near Tivoli Gardens - do you have any suggestions as to where we should go for this meal?

Thank you!

Grøften in Tivoli serves good Smørrebrød.

Ida Davidsen and Aamands are also good but located on the other end of downtown.

Many thanks.

Hotel Kong Arthur as suggested is also a very good hotel.

But even closer to the port you have Hotel Østerport at Ehhh Østerport :D

Or Adina Apartment hotel, they have a bus stop for bus 27 almost outside the hotel.

From here you can use bus 26 to get into downtown Copenhagen in no time.

Stay Seaport is also very close to the pier but there is a bit of a walk to the busstop for 27.

For a half day visit I would do a canal tour, a nice walk along Strøget and Tivoli in the evening.

We are staying at Hotel Kong Arthur about 650 metres from Norreport Station a direct ride from the Airport and where the #25 bus leaves from to Oceancay

Thanks, will look into it.

Or Adina Apartment hotel, they have a bus stop for bus 27 almost outside the hotel.

Stay Seaport is also very close to the pier but there is a bit of a walk to the busstop for 27.

For a half day visit I would do a canal tour, a nice walk along Strøget and Tivoli in the evening.

Thank you Danish Viking... super helpful as usual!

Have checked prices to see if any benefit for us to change bookings and nearly $100 NZD more expensive for Osterport and $250 NZD more expensive for Adina! Will stay with Kong Arthur as we also have free use of spa Jacuzzi, breakfast and small bar tab.

Danish Viking...need your expertise again.......:D.......I think I'll buy a City Pass upon arrival at Katstrup. I've looked at my travel while in Copenhagen and feel that this is my best bet. On-line, a 48-hour pass is offered. Do you think I can buy one at the airport? The info says that it's only offered in a 24 hr or 72hr blocks of time. I guess I could buy two 24 hr passes.

Do I need to 'stamp', 'verify', these passes in a machine before getting on my first mode of transportation...which will be a Metro to my hotel?

Thank you once again for all your help. :)

Its not possible to stamp your ticket anymore.

I had promised earlier in this thread to find out if it's possible to to choose a time when you buy the city pass or if it's activated by purchase.

I will find out tomorrow, I'll promise ;p

The only other option is to get it on your mobile, but lets see what they say at my local 7-Eleven tomorrow.

Its not possible to stamp your ticket anymore.

I had promised earlier in this thread to find out if it's possible to to choose a time when you buy the city pass or if it's activated by purchase.

I will find out tomorrow, I'll promise ;p

The only other option is to get it on your mobile, but lets see what they say at my local 7-Eleven tomorrow.

Thank you Danish Viking for your answer. My cell, although a smart phone, has no data plan on it, so using it for other than being a phone, is not viable.

Thanks for looking into it. If you can't get an answer, I'll find out when I buy the pass. I think I'll be okay.....I land in Copenhagen at Noon....and will leave for the ship less than 48 hours later....so if it's activated at purchase, I'll just make sure to purchase it, or them, at the appropriate time.

Again, thanks for your help..it's so appreciated!! :)