COMPLETELY PO'd at RCCL!

First off, how do I get a C&A discount??? I think I booked at the lowest possible price....

Secondly, my TA is a friend of mine, booked it originally and then had them transfer to her, merely as a courtesy to a friend who could really use the commission....My package is being refunded, but they're making me spend money TODAY to catch the same price, as opposed to booking it next week when my refund comes back, holding my money isn't a cool practice in my books...

And I actually have 3 rooms, now I have an adult in each so now I can technically bring 6 bottles on board (I'm in the fine wine business, and would love to have an opportunity to bring some awesome bottles to share with my family).

Wow, I am really impressed. I don't know anyone who is in the fine wine business. I love 2buck Chuck and occasionally, I upgrade to Thunderbird. I'd write to Richard Fain to tell him that I lost 2 cents in interest having to pay for another package when I made the change so I could bring on more wine than I am entitled to bring and I will slip back into the cabin with my wife when I board.

I'd get even with Royal Caribbean by getting a key to the cabin I will be using and getting a new key for the kid who will be in the other room because sometime I think sometime my husband and I will want some alone time. Why stop at asking for $50? I'd go for a few hundred because my time is that important.

I know you made this choice, but your friend the travel agent, who, by the way, is getting commission for doing nothing, because you took up the time of a Royal Caribbean agent, didn't give you the parameters. Oh, I'm sure you told her you booked the package and she ignored you.

You might as well face it, Royal Caribbean is out to get you. Your bank is out to get you. Your agent is out to get you. Well, maybe everyone is out to get you, but hey, you can toast them all with your fine wine. What more could you ask for?

Dude, if you're getting your panties in a twist over them "holding" a modest amount of money for a few days, I really don't know what to tell you. Refunds take time, it's pretty much standard business. If money is that tight, maybe you need to rethink spending so much on a cruise. And if it's the principle, then you're basically being a tool. How much interest do you think you're going to earn on a couple hundred dollars in a few days?

Seriously, you're getting EXACTLY what you wanted, and you're "PO'd at RCCL" for following their policies that you AGREED TO BY BOOKING to a tee.

You are officially totally and completely wrong.

WHAT A MEAN person you sound like. No need to have a "panties" comment. be nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually Disney’s overall website and booking interface is as bad or worse than RCL. Just try booking a resort on their website. If you pick a hotel to look at and want to then view another you often have to start back at square one (including going to the link for passholders, logging in again, etc.) I swear it is far worse than royal. They spent 1 billion plus on their Magic band project. You can’t even look at lodging with the associated app.

I posted something similar along these lines but it appears my post got deleted in the fray from yesterday (I had quoted a post from the OP where he used foul language after being called out for being, frankly, a dummy).

But anyway, I just want to agree with this post. I spend a lot of time on both RC’s and Disney’s sites and they are both absolute garbage. I will say Disney right now has a small advantage just because of the fact that royal’s recent “upgrade” screwed up my account and all my upcoming reservations.

I’m an AP, I live in Orlando so go to Disney several times a month.... half the time I still have someone waved over to actually let me into the park because my magic band never friggen works. Booking hotels is a nightmare as you mentioned above. There’s no easy way to compare hotel prices with the discounts.

But oh, yeah, Disney is 100% better because they gave that random guy a break for not downloading his photos in time TWICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called Amazon and told them my 7B shoes were too wide and I needed a narrow.

They told me I had to order and pay for a new pair and send the original pair back for a refund. Should I ask for OBC?

I talking Amazon, the most brilliant marketing company around.

Does anyone think their computer system is antiquated?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I posted something similar along these lines but it appears my post got deleted in the fray from yesterday (I had quoted a post from the OP where he used foul language after being called out for being, frankly, a dummy).

But anyway, I just want to agree with this post. I spend a lot of time on both RC’s and Disney’s sites and they are both absolute garbage. I will say Disney right now has a small advantage just because of the fact that royal’s recent “upgrade” screwed up my account and all my upcoming reservations.

I’m an AP, I live in Orlando so go to Disney several times a month.... half the time I still have someone waved over to actually let me into the park because my magic band never friggen works. Booking hotels is a nightmare as you mentioned above. There’s no easy way to compare hotel prices with the discounts.

But oh, yeah, Disney is 100% better because they gave that random guy a break for not downloading his photos in time TWICE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ITA

I'm a big Disney fan, I'm a DVC owner. Their website stinks. I've had plenty of billing problems over the years.

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

I get an email from RCCL that they had CANCELED my beverage package!

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor, they did NOTHING to help me out except make me pay AGAIN for my wife's package and hold my money AGAIN until I get my refund. I was expecting ANYTHING....$50 OBC? ANYTHING, but NO! They did NOTHING except force my hand to make me spend the money again! I know I have a choice to wait for another sale, but I was just trying to get SOMETHING out of them....

Needless to say, I've had pretty bad experiences so far with booking this cruise and nobody on their end is making me feel any better about it. Sorry bout the rant, but being in a sales job all my life, all I do is try to make my customers feel the love....

First off be pissed at your TA. They don't have a clue. If your looking for 50 OBC get it from the ta who is not doing their

job. ( great friend) hmmm.

Nobody forced your hand to spend money. Your trying to get as your put it SOMETHING out of them. You will not get any

sympathy here.

Actually you are lucky that the drink price didn't go up when you switched. So instead of trying to blame everything on the cruise line. Maybe pick up the phone and call your friend and have them fix it as it was their mistake and should have informed you.

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

I get an email from RCCL that they had CANCELED my beverage package!

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor, they did NOTHING to help me out except make me pay AGAIN for my wife's package and hold my money AGAIN until I get my refund. I was expecting ANYTHING....$50 OBC? ANYTHING, but NO! They did NOTHING except force my hand to make me spend the money again! I know I have a choice to wait for another sale, but I was just trying to get SOMETHING out of them....

Needless to say, I've had pretty bad experiences so far with booking this cruise and nobody on their end is making me feel any better about it. Sorry bout the rant, but being in a sales job all my life, all I do is try to make my customers feel the love....

Being in "the wine business" you must be totally against buying Bordeaux futures and letting someone hold your money for a couple years before you get the bottles. Several Napa cabs (like Harlan, Schrader, etc.) are sold a year before release as well. Many people pay for their cruise a year in advance. Lots of people hold your money for a long time.

You might as well face it, Royal Caribbean is out to get you. Your bank is out to get you. Your agent is out to get you. Well, maybe everyone is out to get you, but hey, you can toast them all with your fine wine. What more could you ask for?

Thank you for the laugh this morning, poor OP is a victim of them all........:p

Didn’t you read my entire post?

Two bottles in two bags through different security lines is trying to circumvent the rules. Same as two bottles in carry on and two in checked luggage.

I was going to call it what it was, smuggling but toned it down to “I don’t encourage “.

I just can’t believe people go so far to circumvent the rules set by Royal. ..

Intent is the key, the OP said it was their intent to circumvent the rules.

While I think OP is making a big stink out of nothing, you could not be more wrong about his intent to circumvent the rules.

If he wanted to circumvent the rules he could have done any of th he many things others have suggested. He didn’t do that, he went through the trouble to have his agent change his booking (and will presumably have to go to guest services to get a pair of extra keys once on board) so that he could have 4 bottles within the rules.

While I think OP is making a big stink out of nothing, you could not be more wrong about his intent to circumvent the rules.

If he wanted to circumvent the rules he could have done any of th he many things others have suggested. He didn’t do that, he went through the trouble to have his agent change his booking (and will presumably have to go to guest services to get a pair of extra keys once on board) so that he could have 4 bottles within the rules.

And his wife is staying in the cabin with one kid and he the other. I doubt it but possible.

And his wife is staying in the cabin with one kid and he the other. I doubt it but possible.

So now you have a problem with folks who choose to sleep someplace other than the cabin they booked? What are you the sleep police?

Countless examples on this board of parents booking in their kids cabin and getting key cards to swap once they board. Nobody says that’s wrong.

I’m just trying to figure out where the OP is investing his money to figure he needs $50 to compensate for being without roughly $700 for a few days. I’m obviously doing something terribly wrong.

I have figured out why the friend/TA is in such need of the commission - obviously they are so incompetent they have no other clients.

So now you have a problem with folks who choose to sleep someplace other than the cabin they booked? What are you the sleep police?

Countless examples on this board of parents booking in their kids cabin and getting key cards to swap once they board. Nobody says that’s wrong.

Lol,plus If it costs RC money police as well.

I’m just trying to figure out where the OP is investing his money to figure he needs $50 to compensate for being without roughly $700 for a few days. I’m obviously doing something terribly wrong.

I have figured out why the friend/TA is in such need of the commission - obviously they are so incompetent they have no other clients.

Crazy requests for OBC like this ruin it for the rest of us.

I'll need your help with the calculations now since OP threw this all off:

If $50 OBC is standard compensation for waiting on a merchant card to refund money, then how much OBC should I request when my morning pastries show up 15 minutes after I had requested on my room service sheet?

So why come on CC and share a plan to get around Royals rules of 2 bottles of wine per cabin?

Just give Royal more reason to stop it.

Your travel agent should have warned you but what am I missing here. Why would you change your reservation to carry 2 extra bottles of wine on a ship where you were getting free wine in your drink package?

Your travel agent should have warned you but what am I missing here. Why would you change your reservation to carry 2 extra bottles of wine on a ship where you were getting free wine in your drink package?

All other issues in this thread aside, that's an easy one, volk.

The wine in the package is crap. And the price is capped at $12. Bringing your own quality wine is a whole different kettle of fish, just to mix the metaphors.

The people on this forum that defend the cruise line to the very end amaze me. “It’s in the contact” so what?!?!?! My god. This is tourism and hospitality. Those “rules” are made by the line and absolutely can be broken by then with not costing the company anything. The only two industries I have found to hold people to the contract that it is law are cruise lines and airlines.

This is why I travel with Disney so much. They go above and beyond almost always and break the “rules” that they have in place for great customer service.

Perfect example my wife and I did the Disney Marathon in January. We waited too long to order pictures from the event. Disney only holds them for 45 days. Now on their website they say they charge an expiration extension fee of like $25 and this can only be done once. We called and they reinstated the photos for us immediately and NEVER brought up the fee (Royal would of charged the fee in a heartbeat).

So we buy the photos for $70 but whoops, I’m an idiot and I don’t download them from the site to my computer soon enough and they were deleted. I called yesterday and after 45 seconds on the phone with a cast member I had my photos reinstated a second time with no mention of the fee.

Now Disney could of charged me $25 the first time and then told me there was nothing they could do the second time because remember their rule is not to extend twice. But they did. Why? Because they actually care about guest service.

I say all this because these rules are made by these industries and can be so easily not enforced. It’s about putting guest service above profit.

Just to let you know the refund can take a week to process through any hospitality company Disney included, which has nothing to do with their customer service or "bending the rules". Last year my family and I booked a Disney hotel and put a $250 deposit down, well a few weeks later a better hotel opened up for a decent price and we switched our reservation. By switching the reservation I had to put another $250 down immediately and cancel my other reservation, and the cast member informed me I would get my refund in a week or so, which I did. I never expected anything type of compensation for waiting and understood that this is just standard procedure with any type of company. Just because the name Disney is attached doesn't mean bank and credit card rules will change.

All other issues in this thread aside, that's an easy one, volk.

The wine in the package is crap. And the price is capped at $12. Bringing your own quality wine is a whole different kettle of fish, just to mix the metaphors.

Yes, this part makes a lot of sense since OP says he deals in fine wine which he certainly won’t get with the drink package or maybe not even on the ship.

And what business is that of yours.......

Correct. Absolutely none

It only becomes my business when Royal no longer permits two bottles of wine to be brought onboard, Similar in kind too requiring all parties in a cabin over 21 (18 in some locations ) to purchase a drink package if one does.

Sooooo.... lets just discuss all the ways to get around just brining on two bottles..... maybe ways to smuggle some booze on too.

Seriously, this is the lamest indignant rant I've seen here in a while. This guy says he deals with fine wine, this isn't even a fine "whine"!

Thats funny! You seem to say that about every rant you post on. :rolleyes: