How does tendering work when elite?

HomelessBear

I’m aware that being elite we can get priority tendering. We’re going to the Falklands and looking to do a self organised tour to see the penguins at Volunteer Point. We will need to be off on the first / very early tender, so could so can anyone explain how we do this please?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You get to go with the tender group leaving , you do not jump to the front of the line on deck 4 where tender service usually leaves from. If tickets are needed you go to that area and are given priority to leave with the next group.

I’m aware that being elite we can get priority tendering. We’re going to the Falklands and looking to do a self organised tour to see the penguins at Volunteer Point. We will need to be off on the first / very early tender, so could so can anyone explain how we do this please?

Thank you.

Your show up at the location shown in the Princess Patter (has normally been the 5th deck DR) when you are ready to go ashore. Elites are placed in a separate line with full suite passengers. You usually board the next tender out. The tender ride in the F.I. is long, probably about 20 mins one way, maybe longer.

Your show up at the location shown in the Princess Patter (has normally been the 5th deck DR) when you are ready to go ashore. Elites are placed in a separate line with full suite passengers. You usually board the next tender out. The tender ride in the F.I. is long, probably about 20 mins one way, maybe longer.

Looking forward to getting priority tendering in about 5 more cruises:)

Thanks for your replies and the useful info.

We certainly didn’t expect that we’d go the front of the que, and knew we’d get at the back of the line but was unsure how we got to that point.

First time we were elite we tendered in Guernsey, and went to the dining room and said we were elite. They just gave us a ticket and we waited with everyone else for 2 hours! No priority. Just don’t want this to happen again and we miss our trip.

Many thanks.

Yes you get to go on the next available tender but not from the front of the line.

FYI the Volunteer Point tour with Patrick Watts is my favorite excursion anywhere after 75+ cruises

It works both ways, depending on the ship and how many elite are onboard. Sometimes the elite just show up at the same place where tickets for everyone are being handed out and you are told to board with the next group called. Sometimes elites have a separate meeting room with their own numbered ticket system.

Whichever method you will use, people from the numbered ticket group(s) often board the same tenders as the Princess tours. It is interesting to watch how quickly they organize the correct number of people from the various waiting areas to fill the tenders.

On a cruise stop at Princess Cays, we booked a bungalow for the full day and were given priority tickets/passes for the tenders. When we went to the tender deck we were directed to the elite line and were allowed on the tender ahead of those waiting in the other line. It was a little awkward as it was our first time and we felt a little like we were cutting the line. I am pretty sure that hasn’t changed.

One problem is that Princess made it much too easy to reach Elite Status...so now there can be lots of Elites (sometimes more than 1000) on a cruise. Wise man once said," when everyone is priority...nobody is priority."

Compare this to some other lines such as HAL. On HAL you need to be a 4 or 5 Star Mariner to get priority...and it takes about 200 days of cruising to reach that 4 Star Level (500 days for 5 Star). Consider that it only takes 16 Princess cruises to reach Elite. Assuming one does all 7 day cruises many Elites only have about 100 days.

Hank

Thanks again for all your replies. It’s taken us many years to get to elite, so it is nice to get a little something in return. The mini bar set up is great and early tendering will help on a cruise where there are quite a few tender ports.

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks again for all your replies. It’s taken us many years to get to elite, so it is nice to get a little something in return. The mini bar set up is great and early tendering will help on a cruise where there are quite a few tender ports.

Thanks again for your help.

Don`t get too excited, Princess has been taking away our perks, such as priority boarding & elite/platinum happy hour with lower prices, well that`s gone & replaced with horrible drinks for a higher price. Elite is no big deal anymore.

Sorry to disagree. We get priority boarding. We are usually among the first on board.

We drink wine, so we enjoy the P/E/S happy hour each evening..

The problem with embarkation and tendering perks is just the sheer number of people eligible.

Thank you.

When you say self organized what do you mean.....? the 4x4's travel in caravans out to the point, so you might be first off but still have to wait for others in your caravan. We were on the first tender and waited at least a 1/2 hour until we loaded in the cars, Patrick Watts waited for stragglers and about a 1/2 hour later we all met at a meeting point/bathroom stop. From the way these groups are organized you would have to be really late to be left behind on Volunteer point excursions...

By the way all the vendors in tender ports want you on the first tender....

We visited the Falkland in Jan. 2017. Keep your fingers crossed you make the port.

Great description of "reality" tendering from Cheryl post #8.

Edited by land lover