Project Runway?

BlueHerons

As I recall, this week's challenge is going to be the design your own fabric one. I think everyone was shown crying or frowning in those short clips they show in the preview. Where do they get those? I don't remember designers actually looking like that during the critiques.

I've never understood modern art and still don't. I did not like any of the art inspired outfits. Would not wear Michelle's print and I didn't like the color of her outfit. I did like the train painting. My favorite was Daniel's outfit. Layana acted like a big baby and I think Daniel was gracious giving her the credit he did. It was fairly obvious from almost the start that Richard was going home.

Layanna was an ***. She seems to have completely forgotten that it was due to Daniel that she/they had first two winning looks (at least that's what I seem to remember). Plus, Daniel graciously said she should be the winner the second time. Heidi's comment was spot on: "She thinks she's the cat's meow."

And her art look was a hot mess. Eliza Doolittle indeed. Her immaturity was on major display in this episode (and she should be beyond that at 28).

I loved both the other art looks and might have given the win to Michelle because it seemed like she was taking the creative lead. However, no problem with Stanley getting it. They were the obvious winners.

Richard was the obvious loser. I suspect Patricia will go next. I would have loved to see a whole collection of hers done in a reasonable timeframe. At least she's gone farther in this competition than I thought the judges would allow.

I suspect Patricia will go next. I would have loved to see a whole collection of hers done in a reasonable timeframe. At least she's gone farther in this competition than I thought the judges would allow.

This got me thinking about the quick shots of the portfolios they show for each designer in the first episode each season. After looking around for a bit I found Patricia's. http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway/season-11/designer-portfolios?designer=11 I especially liked the black off the shoulder dress (though not the model's hair).

The judges sure didn't seem very positive in regards to Layana. If she really did poorly next week and Patricia pulled off something really great, they might send Layana home.

As usual, a lot of designers actually show at Fashion Week, including Patricia. But you don't know who is who. I finally found a link to all the looks:

http://www.elle.com/runway/ready-to-wear/fall-2013-rtw/project-runway/collection/#slide-1

I kinda think Daniel is up first, due to all the Spanish touches and jackets. I suspect Patricia is up at image 60, due to the Native American stuff, in which case it's more conservative than I expected. However, the final designer also has some of that look going on, too. That was my least favorite collection.

I have no idea who might have done the other collections? Any guesses?

Assuming that these were the designs of the last 8 designers, here are my guesses:

1-13 Layana

14-26 Daniel (jackets 14,15,16 have his shoulders)

27-39 Samantha

40-52 Richard

53-65 Michelle

66-78 Amanda (I thought Patricia first but changed my mind)

79-91 Stanley

92-105 Patricia

79-91 was my favorite collection.

As usual, a lot of designers actually show at Fashion Week, including Patricia. But you don't know who is who. I finally found a link to all the looks:

http://www.elle.com/runway/ready-to-wear/fall-2013-rtw/project-runway/collection/#slide-1

I kinda think Daniel is up first, due to all the Spanish touches and jackets. I suspect Patricia is up at image 60, due to the Native American stuff, in which case it's more conservative than I expected. However, the final designer also has some of that look going on, too. That was my least favorite collection.

I have no idea who might have done the other collections? Any guesses?

Thank you for posting this! I actually came here to see if anyone had it. :)

Be sure to give us your predictions. I only have any confidence in one of my choices.

Predictions for top 3? I think Stanley, Layana and Michelle.

I just looked at the elle photos again, and kind of think I agree with your selections above as to who is who. I was actually putting Richard with Samantha or Amanda's collection (because I like those the least), but then I went back, I saw what you had as Richard looked like all jersey and, well, I knew you had to be correct after the last episode! :) I kind of don't care who wins - for much of the season, I've been fast forwarding through the workroom and just watching the runway. There's probably something from fashion week that I like from each of the designers. Assuming you are correct, I think I liked Layana's (except #3 skirt; although, full disclosure, I really love sheer tops!) and Stanley's collections the most. But, who knows who the judges will select.

Sadly, I think you are spot on about Patricia's being the last collection. I looked back at her "before runway" portfolio, and one of the dresses there was just like #100 except w/o the leather top. It's a mess of a collection. Sigh.

And you're spot on about Layana since she was sporting one of those hats.

I read in several places that Heidi had a strong favorite she wanted to win this season. Stanley?

I've always wanted to be able to figure out the chronology of the show. If they had 8 designers showing at Fashion Week, does that mean they send them all home a couple of months before that (which would have been December in this case) to make their collections, have them show at Fashion Week then film the rest of the show? Any ideas?

What got my attention on this episode more than anything else was Daniel spraying himself down with cologne prior to leaving the apartment. Ugh, so glad I didn't have to be near him!

I think the show was taped last summer, look at the clothing the designers are wearing. Especially during outdoor shots. The finale was more than likely taped months ago.

What got my attention on this episode more than anything else was Daniel spraying himself down with cologne prior to leaving the apartment. Ugh, so glad I didn't have to be near him!

I think the show was taped last summer, look at the clothing the designers are wearing. Especially during outdoor shots. The finale was more than likely taped months ago.

That's what I always thought but why would they have eight designers (most of which had already been eliminated) show at Fashion Week in February? I agree that they must have started taping back during the late summer or early fall.

That's what I always thought but why would they have eight designers (most of which had already been eliminated) show at Fashion Week in February? I agree that they must have started taping back during the late summer or early fall.

They don't want you to know who the real finalists are, ergo the mass show. The producers know when Fashion Week will be, they know when their season will start, so they just count the weeks between. Since the whole season is shot in little more than a month, they can get through to the real finalists but also include everyone in Fashion Week who would not be seen as eliminated on TV yet.

It's all good for the designers!

They don't want you to know who the real finalists are, ergo the mass show. The producers know when Fashion Week will be, they know when their season will start, so they just count the weeks between. Since the whole season is shot in little more than a month, they can get through to the real finalists but also include everyone in Fashion Week who would not be seen as eliminated on TV yet.

It's all good for the designers!

That makes sense. You would think there would have been some "leaks" but I have never read of any.

Who saw that coming? If they were giving anybody a second chance I would have thought it would be Patricia.

Agree! Patricia's was a hot mess! What was Michelle thinking though? It was almost a slap in Nina's face to make exactly what they were asked NOT to make. Egos! :rolleyes:

I think it was a "shock" the viewers move. There is no way that Patricia's gunny sack with fringe was better that Michelle's "T-shirt and pants".

Besides being ugly Patricia's dress was poorly constructed. And personally I think she needed to stop whining and blaming Richard. She kept changing her design and then blamed it on him.

I believe that Michelle will definitely get back into the game.

JMO

I was kind of surprised that nobody said anything about Michelle's top being so sheer. I really liked Stanley's jacket (which Tu made) and the culottes were nice looking until you pulled the pockets out. Patricia's was bad on so many levels. I did feel bad for her with Richard. I can't believe he didn't know what a French seam is. I learned that in 8th grade Home Ec.

hahahahaha

The moral of this story is you do not mess with Nina Garcia. Michelle was standing there so smug and sure -- I pretty much loved the "gotcha" moment. Wonder if she'll have to revamp what she made using the same stuff right on the runway. They did that once before.

I disagree that Patricia changing the design made it hard for Richard. It was the reverse -- she kept simplifying the design because he couldn't do anything. She is so untraditional in her style and he is so clueless. It was a match made in hell for sure.

That said, I kinda feel like Patricia has a strong champion on the judging panel. I remember Heidi liking her "art" dress when no one else seemed to. Just musing here.

That said, I kinda feel like Patricia has a strong champion on the judging panel. I remember Heidi liking her "art" dress when no one else seemed to. Just musing here.

I was thinking that also. Maybe not quite as vocal as Isaac Mizrahi was in the all stars for a designer (was it Anthony Ryan??) but still there. There were so many times when she could have easily gone home.

Well you are right about learning how to sew a French seam. I too learned that in 8th grade, home ec class. But back then (I'm 59) there were only girls in the class. Who knows what they teach in public schools now.

I just haven't seen anything (that I can remember) that Patricia has made that I would wear.