Project Runway?

BlueHerons

Joshua: "I'm like a straight man at a baseball game."

DH: "He must not know many straight men. Who wouldn't prefer seeing beautiful women in pretty dresses over sweaty men in a boring game."

ha ha

That said, I was a bit worried that Uli wouldn't make it. That would have been wrong since Joshua has had so many misses all season long. Frankly, I hated both his looks (which were really dang close to each other) this time. But he just likes those busy prints and I don't.

Uli has so broadened her look since her last time when it was all flowing prints, yet she still has a look. I have this gut feeling AR will win, but I would love to see her take it.

I actually loved the top part of Josh's first look.... too bad he made it look so schizo with that clashing print.

I'm thinking it will be either AR or Emilio at this point.... Uli has been strong but often goes unnoticed so we will see.

I have this gut feeling AR will win, but I would love to see her take it.

Could it be the blatant favoritism and the many "big" wins AR has had? :rolleyes: I like him, but it seems that it has been signalled from near the beginning that he was the knight in shining armor.

Regardless, I really enjoyed this episode. I loved the inside peek at the Valentino designs, the fashion show, and the incredible fabrics they were able to purchase in Paris.

For the record, I thought Josh's dress was "heedious". The print reminded me of a horrible dress from the 1980s. Throw on some light-colored hose, flats, and a velvet hairband and it's Laura Ashley style all over again.

Can't say I'm surprised by the outcome. Can't say I'm happy, either.

What I was intrigued by were the two references to this being a 3 month process. Really? It was for those watching, but don't they actually do this in a much tighter time frame? I thought that's why the designers are so stressed.

Or am I missing something?

I might skip the whole teams version coming up next.

Can't say I'm surprised by the outcome. Can't say I'm happy, either.

What I was intrigued by were the two references to this being a 3 month process. Really? It was for those watching, but don't they actually do this in a much tighter time frame? I thought that's why the designers are so stressed.

Or am I missing something?

I know. I was disappointed too. I like Uli's the best and the brooch on the back of that dress was beautiful in my opinion! :rolleyes: I didn't like Emilio's line, but I'm not into bright colors with black. AR line looked too harsh to me.... too many straight lines. I liked his lead dress, but would have liked it better with a different neckline. There was something "school girl uniform" about the collar.

I think the team version is just going to be a big drama-fest. Maybe they'll get Maury Povich to take Tim Gunn's place! ;)

"Team version"? Is this the next one coming up, and is it instead of the normal 15 or 16 individual designers version? (And I wonder if it's like "Survivor" where teammates could vote each other out of the workroom instead of off the island?)

Teams starts Jan 24. And no Michael Kors.

Here's an article: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/project_runway_11/2012_Dec_18_kors-out-teams-in

The guest judges will include Bette Midler -- who I adore -- so I'll keep an eye out for her. But it seems it's all about drama and not so much about fashion. too bad. Designers do not know in advance about the teams. Ugh.

I knew Uli was not going to win (they had all but telegraphed that it would be AR), but to come in second to Emilio's collection was just wrong. It was very disappointing.

I'm not sure how much interest I'll have in watching the new "Team Runway" season. I'm not much of a reality TV fan and it gets old really fast when the drama starts. I adore episodes like the one this season where they went to Paris, because it's the fashion that interests me, not the "contest" angle so much.

Blecchhh.....feeling very meh about it all.

While AR's clothes weren't my style, they were sharp and did seem very well made. I also liked most of Emilio's looks and I too disagreed with whoever didn't like the jewels on the back of Uli's gown.

I would skip it if Tim Gunn weren't on..... I kind of miss him so I am looking forward to it. :o Is it a series or just one episode?

Uli was my favorite throughout the season, so I was disappointed she didn't win. But as the last two were standing, I was glad it wasn't Emilio that won.

I'm hopelessly addicted to PR so will be watching regardless of "teams". I'll just have an attitude about the whining we can guarantee we'll be seeing.

I caught the reference to the competition taking 3 months, I think it was mentioned at least 3 times. I highly doubt it took 3 months, more like 30-45 days. Just like they make it seem like the game is going on right now, i think it had to have been taped last summer. I think the challenges are ongoing all week, I don't think they only tape one challenge a week. Production costs would be too high if they really took all that time.

I'm afraid I love PR too much to stop watching, too. I think I'd respect the decisions that are made about who gets sent packing a lot more if the judges didn't know which designer made which outfit. I really like AR, but I feel that he should have been eliminated for the unfortunate dress he made for his military client. I guess I also feel that the outcome was preordained.

Based on the final collections, I was rooting for Emilio.

I will say that I thought Emilio packaged his collection the best. The "do rags" and "urban plantation" theme were really smart and worked well with his designs.

AR didn't seem to package his collection at all. And, haven't we all seen color block clothes like those for -- um... decades -- at every major department store?

Uli's packaging might have been her weakest point. I think the icy model looks and slow paced runway took things a bit too far in one direction. I was concerned about it from the point she said "winter fantasy."

But, ultimately, shouldn't it be about the designs?

I knew AR was destined to win for sure once Isaac M. actually said good things about that horrible bag of a dress he put on that poor servicewoman. That showed an incredible bias.

The collection that Emilio showed at the end of his season, was much better than what he produced following All-Stars.

If I remember, he had some beautiful coats at that time. I preferred his collection to that of Seth Aaron.

You have a great memory! Here's a link to those looks:

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-all-stars/season-2/photos/emilio-sosa-portfolio#id=1

Of course, he did have a lot longer to produce them than the few days for All Stars (which seemed odd to me, btw). But there are some exceptional looks there.

Just found this thread. I am totally addicted to PR even though I can't say I've seen many outfits I would wear - on a cruise or not. I thought Emilio's clothes were better than AR whose dresses all looked alike!

Watched the new season premier last night. For once I agreed with the judges - Emily's outfit was a mess. She also kept bragging about how wonderful she was when she should have been sewing! Loved the winning outfit!

I have mixed feelings about the new season.....I am happy to see Tim Gunn, but since the designers aren't really collaborating with their teams and are each working independently on their own designs, the whole team concept seems more about fomenting drama then about really working together as teams. It's like they're just giving the designers an excuse to criticize each other....which they always do when talking to the camera, but now they will be more confrontational about it. I guess the producers didn't think there was enough cat fighting over the past few seasons a la Wendy Pepper in season 1.

First show was pretty predictable - I wish they'd change their format just a bit, and not focus SO much on the person who is going home, it makes it easier to guess what will happen! Sometimes they try to trick you, but it's becoming pretty cut and paste formatting for the show.

The teams won't stop me from watching and I don't think it's that big of a shakeup, but the whole "You would have won if your teammate didn't lose" will come into play. I wonder if it will have people help or just make people bully others into changing their designs?

I have mixed feelings about the new season.....I am happy to see Tim Gunn, but since the designers aren't really collaborating with their teams and are each working independently on their own designs, the whole team concept seems more about fomenting drama then about really working together as teams. It's like they're just giving the designers an excuse to criticize each other....which they always do when talking to the camera, but now they will be more confrontational about it. I guess the producers didn't think there was enough cat fighting over the past few seasons a la Wendy Pepper in season 1.

I agree with you on this subject. Just have to wait and see what happens ;)

How long do you think they will leave the teams as they are? It seems that you could get to the point where you are pitting 5 or 6 against 1 or 2.

That is a good point, I hadn't thought of that..... if the same team keeps having someone sent home the season might end early :eek:

Well, I watched and didn't hate it. There seem to be a lot of strong designers. I loved almost everything Keeping It Real did and a air amount of what the other team did, too.

I wonder if the teams will stay the same or if they will mix it up a lot -- different numbers of teams, different team members.

I was just glad to see some good looking clothes.

Well, I watched and didn't hate it. There seem to be a lot of strong designers. I loved almost everything Keeping It Real did and a air amount of what the other team did, too.

I wonder if the teams will stay the same or if they will mix it up a lot -- different numbers of teams, different team members.

I was just glad to see some good looking clothes.

It wasn't too bad. The dream team had some nightmare outfits though! :rolleyes: I'm glad Emily went home, that jacket was a Barbie project for a child! She didn't even make most of the other things. Awful!

I was surprised there wasn't more drama. They seem to deal with the team aspect better knowing that's the way it's going to be....like they became a family of sorts. Hope the clothes get better!:)

The Dream Team needs to change its name to the Nightmare Team!. James was a good choice to go home. I'm not sure how some of the designers made it on the show in the first place.

hahaha! Agree completely. I almost felt like they were jinxing themselves when they picked that name.

Daniel and Layana were totally adorable together.