Project Runway?

BlueHerons

From fashion week, a coat by the designer who made Michelle Obama's Inauguration coat

I must not get out enough. Where would someone (and who would that be) wear a coat like that. When you look at the pictures from some of the world's top designers runway shows you have to wonder what are they thinking!

I must not get out enough. Where would someone (and who would that be) wear a coat like that. When you look at the pictures from some of the world's top designers runway shows you have to wonder what are they thinking!

David Byrne -- without the flowered tights, of course. hahaha

It looks perfect for SpongeBob. But wait, SpongeBob isn't real. Nevermind.

All I can say is I agree with the judges of which was the winning team. I do not agree with Heidi's claim that it was a hard decision. I thought many of the looks on the losing side looked way more "craft project" and frankly unappealing. Can't believe they let them get away with their theme explanation of fashions through the decades. Please!

I also thought it was very presumptuous of Ben to jump in as though he was responsible for the sudden cohesion! :rolleyes: Stanley would have been a better person to answer since it was his idea!

Oh my, that coat looks like it's straight out of the pages of Alice and Wonderland!

attachment.php?attachmentid=260714&d=1360954518

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRBNSYN_xHCXuX9XoxUYUohw_bnjS8XnLV_FOHuxKPXtig8seylQ

I totally don't get that. Didn't someone say design is half art and half commerce? I think they missed the boat on the commerce part!:p

Joe is sweet, but his design style is really out there! The workmanship looked great, but don't most of us want to look slimmer than we are? :confused:

PRS11E4+RW+19.jpg

I just watched the episode last night...late to the party!

I thought the right person went home this week. I still don't like the team idea, but the designers are getting along a lot better than I thought they would, in comparison to other seasons team challenges.

I actually liked the challenge and thought (although unwearable in the real world) some of the clothes were really cute. Personally, I think Layana's dress should have won.

I can't believe the judges liked them all. I thought all but about 2 were horrible. I was disappointed in Daniel (my favorite) with the big poufy things on the hips. Layana and Ben's were my favorites. I didn't like the poufy thing on Samantha's dress, either. Joe's was not to my taste and I think he was a better choice than Amanda to go home. They really turned on Amanda. She sometimes annoys me like Gretchen back in season 8 but I didn't think her dress was bad enough to go home.

What is the big "cliffhanger" ending about?

I too thought the judges were extremely kind.... I mean they really didn't dislike any of them? I agree though with Joe going home and I too loved Layana's the best.

I don't get the cliffhanger either.... from the previews it looked like just another episode. So maybe they aren't going to pretend they go home for 24 hours and come back the next morning.

I was rather horrified by Daniel's dress, too. It looked like two nasty growths! But maybe I shouldn't watch this show right after watching "Face Off." haha

I was a bit sorry to see Joe go. Of course he is all wrong for this show, but he had such a fresh, interesting take on fashion/design. If the judges had known he simply tossed off the idea that helped out Amanda, maybe things would have been different? But he would be gone quite soon anyway.

I agreed with the win -- judging from the PR standpoint, but personally I adored Layana's dress. It was straight out of a fairy tale and that just appeals to me.

Interesting what a big change having Stanley made for the so-called Dream Team.

That was my thought about Daniel's dress too....."why does she have two large tumors on her hips?" :rolleyes:

All I can say is I agree with the judges of which was the winning team. I do not agree with Heidi's claim that it was a hard decision. I thought many of the looks on the losing side looked way more "craft project" and frankly unappealing. Can't believe they let them get away with their theme explanation of fashions through the decades. Please!

I don't mind crafty things that look like they can be sold in craft shows, but some of those looks, Patricia's comes to mind, looked way more like a school project!

In fact, I only watched one episode of Craft Wars, because I thought it would be more craft fair type designs but instead it was very "school project".

I don't mind crafty things that look like they can be sold in craft shows, but some of those looks, Patricia's comes to mind, looked way more like a school project!

In fact, I only watched one episode of Craft Wars, because I thought it would be more craft fair type designs but instead it was very "school project".

Patricia's was pretty awful and one of the judges (can't remember which one) really loved it.:eek:

I wasn't really surprised that they sent Matthew home but I don't think his was the worst. Patricia's was the one I liked the least. Richard was really saved by the Mood t-shirt because I don't think they would have liked the see through garment he first had. I liked the top of Daniel's gown but agreed the seam down the front of the skirt was bad.

I wasn't really surprised that they sent Matthew home but I don't think his was the worst. Patricia's was the one I liked the least. Richard was really saved by the Mood t-shirt because I don't think they would have liked the see through garment he first had. I liked the top of Daniel's gown but agreed the seam down the front of the skirt was bad.

I didn't like Patricia's, either. Mainly due to the use of print. I think I'm basically anti-print, tho.

Michelle might not have been in the bottom if she hadn't included that fringy necklace. I was worried Daniel would go. I've thoroughly enjoyed his niceness.

I didn't like Patricia's, either. Mainly due to the use of print. I think I'm basically anti-print, tho.

Michelle might not have been in the bottom if she hadn't included that fringy necklace. I was worried Daniel would go. I've thoroughly enjoyed his niceness.

I actually thought the print was fine but hated the hanging pasta LOL

Daniel is my favorite but he needs to go back to the really beautiful creations of the first couple of weeks. I've been writing down something about each of the designs as they come down the runway and for Michelle's I wrote, "Yuck - white stringy stuff." I didn't mind the dress part of Patricia's (it was one of the best fitting items she has made) but the leather bandolier with fringe was awful.

That was a tough one. I didn't like Patricia's, Richard's, Tu's, Samantha's, Amanda's and Benjamin's. I couldn't believe how much they liked Richard's - Heidi even saying she would wear it. If it hadn't been for Kate's design I think Tu would have gone home. I really like both Stanley's and Daniel's. As Nina said, "Welcome back" to Daniel who went back to his really classy look.

I would have sent Amanda home because that dress had no redeeming features at all IMO. But sure don't mind that it was Benjamin. I would have kept B. this week simply because he did what his client wanted and she seemed so happy. I think he also had the hardest body type to work with and he handled it completely graciously.

Patricia's outfit was pretty darn bad, too. However, I didn't get the hating on her from the two teammates. She has a very distinct viewpoint based on her heritage and her size. She's been in the top three a couple of times -- which is more than either of them could say.

Stanley did make the best outfit but it didn't hurt that his model was runway-ready. How many seniors have rear ends like that?

I think the judges were making allowance for the body in Richard's case. It did have style, but that baggy waistline..... Of course, if Heidi wore it there would be no baggy waistline.

Those had to be some of the ugliest, and poorly sewn, outfits I have seen in a long time on Project Runway. There were a few exceptions, but overall....yuck. I think a lot of the problem comes from the designers not having experience with working with body types other than runway models.

Pretty pathetic episode as far as the clothes went, but I loved the models!

Too bad Patricia didn't get the boot, but Tu really made a horrid dress, it made her look at least 20 lbs. heavier. I couldn't decide which dress I liked the least, Patricia, Tu, Amanda or Benjamin. The top 2 would not be a choice for me, either.

What went wrong? Time constraints? Not having the right size dress forms? Not caring much about women over a certain age or size?

A really good designer needs to know how to dress different body shapes, not just size 0-2, 5'11" models.

Edited by Happy ks

Pretty pathetic episode as far as the clothes went, but I loved the models!

What went wrong? Time constraints? Not having the right size dress forms? Not caring much about women over a certain age or size?

A really good designer needs to know how to dress different body shapes, not just size 0-2, 5'11" models.

Seriously! Plus, these women were exceptionally fit for their age group. It was kindness on PR's part to enlist a dance class instead of an art class.

Who do designers think buy their expensive clothes? They're too often GIVEN to celebs. It's older women who have the $ to buy.

Seriously! Plus, these women were exceptionally fit for their age group. It was kindness on PR's part to enlist a dance class instead of an art class.

Who do designers think buy their expensive clothes? They're too often GIVEN to celebs. It's older women who have the $ to buy.

This reminds me of the resort wear challenge in season 8, where Cassanova got sent home because the outfit, though beautifully made, was a little "too old". Really? Who do they think go to expensive resorts, 20 year old college students with no money?