Project Runway?

BlueHerons

This reminds me of the resort wear challenge in season 8, where Cassanova got sent home because the outfit, though beautifully made, was a little "too old". Really? Who do they think go to expensive resorts, 20 year old college students with no money?

I remember that, and agree totally.

Then, of course, they blast women of a certain age for dressing too young. Grrr.

Well, it's official -- I am old fashioned. The only two dresses that I would wear (had I the body) were the two they disliked as being too old fashioned. That was a real shocking ending. I was expecting Tu to go home but sending Kate also was surprising. Was sending home 2 because they wanted to keep an even number of disigners?

Frankly I don't think a teen girl would be caught dead in that winning dress at prom. Sure, Gwen Stefani would wear it -- she's freaking 43!!! That's like these girls' mothers!

The kids picked the dress they liked, so obviously Patricia and Samantha won the challenge. The old folks on the judging panel just picked the dress THEY liked. I agree that it was the coolest design by far, but absolutely not a prom dress.

As far as I'm concerned, the judges - once again -- adjusted the criteria to fit their own tastes (and possibly the producer's wishes).

It's funny that the judges are always saying things look too old/matronly/etc. Then you have a decision like this. hahaha.

Sending two home shocked me, too. There was no hint to that. Neither one were giving good TV, tho, so maybe that was a factor?

Well, it's official -- I am old fashioned. The only two dresses that I would wear (had I the body) were the two they disliked as being too old fashioned. That was a real shocking ending. I was expecting Tu to go home but sending Kate also was surprising. Was sending home 2 because they wanted to keep an even number of disigners?

I was glad to see Nina put in her place regarding long gowns by someone who knows the current market.

I actually liked the "old fashioned" looks as well. They looked the least like duct tape and were the best fitting, IMO. Oh well shows what I know :rolleyes:

I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in all ten seasons of Project Runway.... DH and I had giggling fits on the couch, and started roaring when the clothes wouldn't come off. One poor guy had to walk off stage with his pants around his ankles.. I just couldn't stop laughing, almost as bad as Nina's fit.

I thought Richard would go, especially with calling home, which is usually the kiss of death. He and Amanda both had bad attitudes but I guess the writing's been on the wall for her to go for some time now.

Oh well, maybe next week we will see some real designs again.

I'm not sure if it's possible for the producers to make it any harder - and the viewers suffer for it. Last week, everyone had a day to make a dress out of TAPE and now, designers with no menswear background, need to make menswear in a day for models that are not normal sized. Sigh...just tired of the entire season.

With regards to last weeks duck tape challenge - I wonder how the KIDS all voted. We only know what came in first. The kids certainly didn't seem to like the winning design.

I was thinking they might send two home again. Patricia was very lucky that she was on the winning team. Her shirt was not very masculine, didn't look all that well made, and was the only thing she did. I'm very surprised she is still in the competition.

I wonder what the problem was with the clothes that would not come off.

It was funny watching Nina totally lose it. She is usually the most strait-laced of the judges.

I'm not sure if it's possible for the producers to make it any harder - and the viewers suffer for it. Last week, everyone had a day to make a dress out of TAPE and now, designers with no menswear background, need to make menswear in a day for models that are not normal sized.

Not to mention having to make them strippable.... it really was the most difficult challenge in a long time.

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode -- for all the wrong reasons. LOL.

Amanda needed to go. But the only thing that actually looked decent in the whole show was that odd vest Michelle made.

I cannot be a Patricia hater as I really liked some of the outfits she made early on. I get her aesthetic. She's more of a wearable-art designer than a fashion designer. I don't think she'll be around much longer, but I buy clothes by people like her at craft fairs, etc.

I cannot be a Patricia hater as I really liked some of the outfits she made early on. I get her aesthetic. She's more of a wearable-art designer than a fashion designer. I don't think she'll be around much longer, but I buy clothes by people like her at craft fairs, etc.

Patricia's clothing would be very expensive to produce for the mass market. I do like the way she manipulates the fabric. The woven technique that she used this week would be very pretty as part of a ladies blouse.

oooh sweet a thread that has little to do with cruising lol .... This is by far my favorite reality show on TV ... This season is a little slow but I think it will really start to pick up in the next two weeks ;)

I love Michelle's asthetic ... Patricia is an artist more than a fashion designer but she is amazing at what she does.

Sure was a challenge for the designers! Entertaining, if nothing else, for the viewers.

Did anyone else find Heidi's outfit less than attractive? It seems that more and more I find her attire distressing - what chance do we "normal" folks have when a super-model looks like nothing fits properly (except the killer high heels)?

Sure was a challenge for the designers! Entertaining, if nothing else, for the viewers.

Did anyone else find Heidi's outfit less than attractive? It seems that more and more I find her attire distressing - what chance do we "normal" folks have when a super-model looks like nothing fits properly (except the killer high heels)?

I agree. I wonder how much say she gets on what she wears on the show. Do you think they are her own clothes or ones designers send her to wear? I've never taken the time to read the credits to see if they tell from whom her wadrobe comes.

Michelle's was my least favorite - it looked like a flapper dress. I can't believe she won. I didn't care for Samantha's. If she had not goofed on the skirt it might have looked better. The heart cutout was juvenile and not especially well constructed. My favorite was Patricia's capris and flowy blouse (would be great on a tropical cruise). Daniel's and Stanley's were nice but no pizzazz. I didn't dislike Layana's print like the judges. Layana's and Richard's would be nice for a cruise.

Edited by Scrapnana

I liked the Capris and flowy top of Patricia's, too. Agree it would be great on a cruise.

I am not digging this team thing very much. I want to know how the individual designs ranked.

I did a quick search and found this site that shows a lot of the past winners of this challenge:

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2012/08/project-runway-collection-for-lord-taylor.html

I was fine with Michelle's dress on the runway, however it looked pretty terrible in the window IMO.

So...any predictions for the finale?

Mine would be Theresa, Layana and Stanley.

There was not, once again, one single outfit I thought looked runway ready and fashion forward on this episode. Worst season yet for design, I think the team thing was just a bad idea.

So...any predictions for the finale?

Mine would be Theresa, Layana and Stanley.

I'm going with Stanley, Layana and Michelle, but not with any real enthusiasm. There is no Theresa -- did you mean Patricia or Michelle?

I adore Daniel and would love to see him reach the end, but he seems to be losing steam. I suspect the judges will decide he is too "old/dated." Interestingly, he's only 4 years older than Stanley.

I'm going with Stanley, Layana and Michelle, but not with any real enthusiasm.

Those would be my choices to. Somebody asked if the final will be teams too and I truly hope not. BUT, the way this season is going, I could see the producers not giving the designers the usual however many weeks for them to go home to design and instead giving them 3 days with some of the rejected designers and come up with entire collection made out of paperclips and postage stamps. That would be truly awful, but not necessarily a surprise.