Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I agree with Scrapnana about Heidi's make up. :confused: I thought it would be hard to make her look less than gorgeous.

I think it's interesting that they spent more time on Patricia's loss than anyone else's. Her clothes, up until the end, were horrible. I do think her final collection was a bit better, but overall still really unwearable and not at all cohesive.

I liked Stanley's better than Michelle's, but I'm 60 and they were complaining about his clothes looking to old. :rolleyes: I guess they're supposed to be designing for rich, young hipsters, not us old fogies.

I agree with Scrapnana about Heidi's make up. :confused: I thought it would be hard to make her look less than gorgeous.

I think it's interesting that they spent more time on Patricia's loss than anyone else's. Her clothes, up until the end, were horrible. I do think her final collection was a bit better, but overall still really unwearable and not at all cohesive.

I liked Stanley's better than Michelle's, but I'm 60 and they were complaining about his clothes looking to old. :rolleyes: I guess they're supposed to be designing for rich, young hipsters, not us old fogies.

Count me in the "old fogies" category. There was not one thing in Michelle's collection, however, that I would have ever worn at any age. It is just not my style.

Patricia had one blouse that I would wear. It was very flowing and would look great with a pair of black slacks for evening on a cruise. I also really liked the scarves she made.

And Nina wins! She totally did not like Patricia one little bit. Well, may be an iota.

I LOVED Michelle's collection If I had the bod, I would want pretty much everything she showed. Even with my bad bod, I want a lot of it. However, I get a bad vibe from her as a human being. But that's besides the point.

The dress I disliked the most in Stanley's collection was the white one all the judges liked. It really looked old fashioned to me -- like something Jackie O would have worn to a state dinner. In good taste obviously, but really dated. Otherwise, it was just all glitz. I was really surprised. I thought he would bring the winning collection. And I sure thought he would be buttoned down and ready.

Patricia. Bless her heart. I hope she sees where she goes wrong, because there is a lot to love about her work. I was happy to hear Michael say such good things about her. Of course, my favs were her hippy looks. haha

Boy, it sounds like the knives will come out at the reunion show. I think I'll pass.

And Nina wins! She totally did not like Patricia one little bit. Well, may be an iota.

I LOVED Michelle's collection If I had the bod, I would want pretty much everything she showed. Even with my bad bod, I want a lot of it. However, I get a bad vibe from her as a human being. But that's besides the point.

The dress I disliked the most in Stanley's collection was the white one all the judges liked. It really looked old fashioned to me -- like something Jackie O would have worn to a state dinner. In good taste obviously, but really dated. Otherwise, it was just all glitz. I was really surprised. I thought he would bring the winning collection. And I sure thought he would be buttoned down and ready.

Patricia. Bless her heart. I hope she sees where she goes wrong, because there is a lot to love about her work. I was happy to hear Michael say such good things about her. Of course, my favs were her hippy looks. haha

Boy, it sounds like the knives will come out at the reunion show. I think I'll pass.

You know I have to give Michelle credit for letting Stanley use 4 of her 6 seamstresses and unless I dozed off and missed it, she never threw that in his face to the judges and I think many people would have. He was an organizational mess! :eek:

I also liked Michelle's clothes from a design point of view, but if I wore a sweater with a bleeding heart on it my kids would ask me if I had something to tell them about my health! :D:rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. What is the point of being nasty to each other at this point? One season they had a half hour show airing after each broadcast. They talked to the losing person and had others on who did nothing but b***h and moan at each other. I stopped watching it after the second week.

I think the judges got it right. I look at it not from the standpoint of what I would wear, but as a runway fashion show. Michelle's collection looked more like a comprehensive runway show to me than the others.

Patricia surprised me with her collection. I was surprised in that I actually liked a lot of what she did, and I really hadn't much cared for her designs throughout the season.

Stanley...I had high hopes for him, but his show was just sort of blah. A few nice things, but a runway show should be exciting and different from ready to wear, not what a mature woman (like me) would wear on a cruise ship formal night.

I didn't like the team concept because I think the show is all about individual talent. Sure, in the real world when a designer is working they need a team, but this is not the real world. I think some designers got to hide and survive behind more talented people just because they happened to be on the right team and vice versa. I can fast forward through the whiney parts if I want to...and believe me I have in past years, so I'll take the individual contest over this team thing any day.

I'll probably watch the season wrap up. Promotional material always looks more dramatic than it ends up being, they have to make us curious. Kind of like grocery store desserts on display (or even cruise ship desserts ;)). They look yummy, but when you dig in...not so much.

Promotional material always looks more dramatic than it ends up being, they have to make us curious. Kind of like grocery store desserts on display (or even cruise ship desserts ;)). They look yummy, but when you dig in...not so much.

Those big dessert displays on cruise ships -- I always want to eat the things that are not to be eaten. Like the spun sugar or a bit of that cream-puff stack thingie. hahaha

I wish Patricia would have won, I love her style and would wear almost all of what she showed. Stanley was a huge disappointment. I thought he would win earlier in the season, but he was a yawn and a disaster at the end. I don't like Michelle's designs, but they were well done.

I don't know what happened with Stanley at the end. In earlier episodes he always was able to pull it off at the end.

In the first few weeks I never would have predicted that Patricia would have made it to the halfway point much less come in second!

I don't know what happened with Stanley at the end. In earlier episodes he always was able to pull it off at the end.

In the first few weeks I never would have predicted that Patricia would have made it to the halfway point much less come in second!

I was extremely disappointed in Stanley. I hope they address what happened at the reunion show (although I guess I'm not sure when they actually taped that.) I wonder if it just took a long time to get the hand beading back?? Honestly, I don't know why he didn't have anything done. He absolutely did not deserve to win for that reason alone - and I liked many of his items.

Patricia would not have made it through the half way point if it wasn't for the team format. Other than that, the top two IMO (Stanley and Michelle) did end up in the finale, so the teams at least didn't really mess things up too much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Looking forward to it. There is absolutely nothing on TV during the summer. Thursdays aren't the same without PR.

Oh I know it.... Thursdays usually means watching Grey's and taping PR, or vice versa depending on my mood. At least the summertime I will have half my TV itinerary :)

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone watched the short videos about each of the new designers. When they are choosing the new contestants, I wonder how much emphasis that place on being drama queens?

Probably quite a bit. The drama queens add an element of spice to the show, although it gets old after a while.

I would like to see the show return to the days when contestants chose their models before each challenge. When the models had their own show, we got to know them as well.

Probably quite a bit. The drama queens add an element of spice to the show, although it gets old after a while.

I would like to see the show return to the days when contestants chose their models before each challenge. When the models had their own show, we got to know them as well.

I had forgotten that they used to pick the models. I wonder why they changed that?

I must say I am looking forward to the show starting next week. The only show I have been watching all summer is Airport 24/7. Is that ever a cautionary tale for those who fly in the day of a cruise!

While I don't like the increased amount of drama between contestants that's been added to the show in the last couple of seasons, I have to say that I also really didn't like the choosing of the models. I felt a bit like they were "objects" and often they were chosen as much to spite another contestant as for any ability of their own.

I never watched the "after show" about the models, so can't comment on that, but I wouldn't really want it to be part of the main show.

I didn't watch the "Team" season for the simple reason that it seemed calculated to up the drama. I believe Bravo is forgetting that Project Runway's core audience isn't exactly the same as for a lot of other reality shows -- although maybe that has changed now with the decreased emphasis on sewing and design skills and the increased drama with ever wackier challenges and shorter and shorter time periods to complete them.

Personally, I'd like to see them give the contestants more realistic challenges with enough money and time to see what they can REALLY do, not who can whip up a passable creation in an artificially short time period....:o

I have to say that I also really didn't like the choosing of the models. I felt a bit like they were "objects" and often they were chosen as much to spite another contestant as for any ability of their own.

I hadn't thought about it that way.... I just thought the process was boring and wasn't really interested in what the models had to say.

Personally, I'd like to see them give the contestants more realistic challenges with enough money and time to see what they can REALLY do, not who can whip up a passable creation in an artificially short time period....:o

This was the reason I couldn't watch Craft Wars.... I thought there would be more craft show quality items, but it was much more "school project" type creations, probably due to the time factor. Of course I might be a bit biased because my mother did silk flower arrangements and as a child I saw more than my share of craft fairs :rolleyes:

This was the reason I couldn't watch Craft Wars.... I thought there would be more craft show quality items, but it was much more "school project" type creations, probably due to the time factor.

I love crafts so I thought it would be a great show. Wrong! I just made it through one episode and never went back.

I agree with cruisemom. For at least the first episode, let them have a good budget and maybe 5-7 days and see what all of them can do.