Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I didnt like Elenas either. I only would grade it better than Sanijias because-uh feathers??? lol I think if Venns had some glitter (he REALLY should have made that 2nd trip to Mood and Elena shouldnt have gone lol) because with just a little oomph his would not have lost. It was too clean and too sophisticated for a semi-showgirl! I think Christopher won over Dmitri because he not only had a great outfit the theme was perfect for the ny rockettes.

Its getting to the point of the show where I start to get teary when people leave :eek:

Ugh, I thought Elena's was atrocious and if it were me, she'd have gone home over Ven. But I know in the past the judges have often kept someone on who is "interesting" with a not-so-good design versus someone they see as "boring" -- and clearly Ven had fallen into that category.

Last time I looked Team Elana was #1 on the PR website, so I think you called that perfectly. She has never won and often been in the bottom two. Granted, Venn did a lousy job, but he has 2 wins and has seldom been in the bottom. He really should have stayed.

A few observations:

Heidi looked better as a Rockette than she has looked at any time this season. That's sad.

Fabio's outfit made me instantly think of Xena: Warrior Princess.:rolleyes:

Christopher's outfit was an inspired design but it won't read beyond the 15th row -- too monochromatic. It's just going to look sparkly white. I wish he had gone with a darker (maybe deep blue/) sheer fabric for the top/arms with those sparkly stars. It would have set off the skyline beautifully.

Dymtri is awesome.

Last time I looked Team Elana was #1 on the PR website, so I think you called that perfectly. She has never won and often been in the bottom two. Granted, Venn did a lousy job, but he has 2 wins and has seldom been in the bottom. He really should have stayed.

A few observations:

Heidi looked better as a Rockette than she has looked at any time this season. That's sad.

Fabio's outfit made me instantly think of Xena: Warrior Princess.:rolleyes:

Christopher's outfit was an inspired design but it won't read beyond the 15th row -- too monochromatic. It's just going to look sparkly white. I wish he had gone with a darker (maybe deep blue/) sheer fabric for the top/arms with those sparkly stars. It would have set off the skyline beautifully.

Dymtri is awesome.

Love your idea of a darker sheer. I think dark blue might be too stark but definitely a darker grey to set it off! :D Dmitri is definitely talented. Elena ...what can I say I wish she was gone but she brings "drama" to the show:rolleyes: And Venn got sc***ed in my opinion.

Guess I'm late to the party...:), just watched the show last night. Pretty much agree with what everyone is saying.

Christopher did have a great idea, just wished it was in a darker shiny fabric too. Also thought dymtry was a clear winner too...hard to choose, guess Christopher eeked him out with his novel idea.

Ugggg...hated Elena's the most, then Fabios. Poor Van, I actually liked his fabric, boring dress that looked a bit frumpy on his model...but, IMO, not nearly as bad as Elena or Fabio.

Guess I'm late to the party...:), just watched the show last night. Pretty much agree with what everyone is saying.

Christopher did have a great idea, just wished it was in a darker shiny fabric too. Also thought dymtry was a clear winner too...hard to choose, guess Christopher eeked him out with his novel idea.

Ugggg...hated Elena's the most, then Fabios. Poor Van, I actually liked his fabric, boring dress that looked a bit frumpy on his model...but, IMO, not nearly as bad as Elena or Fabio.

I was ready for Ven to go but I really did think Elena's was worse. I don't know how she keeps sliding by....

I think what saved Elena is that she finally went out of her comfort zone.... too bad she ended up on another planet! Logic would suggest that with her never having won and having the worst outfit made her the likely candidate to go, but since Venn already got to stay in the last episode where he should have left, I am not broken up by it.

I thought Fabio's looked like a Spartan soldier, not sure how he ended up in the unremarkable category instead of low score.

Finally! Elenas out! I really thought they were going to auf Melissa...surprised it was Elena. Loved Christophers and Fabios. I actually liked Fabios more than Sanijias but they were both good. Dmitris was just ok. The babies were all so cute!

Also this was an hour and a half commercial for Heidis line! Even the actual commercials were hers LOL

While it was an entertaining episode, it was one that left me scratching my head a bit. Designing the toddler clothing -- okay, but not likely something many of them will be doing. But giving them the crying baby to take care of? That was just ridiculous. This show doesn't need the faux drama of some of these reality programs. Please, keep it to the REAL drama!

I also thought Melissa was toast. I got interrupted at the end when they were judging her outfit -- didn't seem like the judges really noticed the half-finished mom outfit, am I right or did I just miss that discussion? Otherwise, I don't see how they could've kept her on. She really does have time-management issues.

On the other hand, I wasn't too sorry to see Elena go....

I thought Christopher's outfits were adorable. I notice the mom sort of lost her attitude after the judges were so complimentary about both dresses. :rolleyes:

Definitely a "jumped the shark" episode. I would have stuffed that screaming baby doll in the bathroom. ha ha.

My favorite moment was when one of the moms was checking out Heidi's line with a sneer on her face.

It's hard to predict the final three. I would like to see Dimytri, Sonjia, and Christopher. But, who knows?

More All Stars? I'm only interested in Uli and Andre. Weren't most of the rest drama queens (not literally).

Definitely a "jumped the shark" episode. I would have stuffed that screaming baby doll in the bathroom. ha ha.

My favorite moment was when one of the moms was checking out Heidi's line with a sneer on her face.

It's hard to predict the final three. I would like to see Dimytri, Sonjia, and Christopher. But, who knows?

More All Stars? I'm only interested in Uli and Andre. Weren't most of the rest drama queens (not literally).

I agree with your top three!:D

Thought it was kind of an odd show with designing toddlers, then the babies & making matching mom outfit-- that wasn't suppose to really count too much??? It seemed totally pushing Heidi's new kids line.

Liked Elena's the least...only because it was soooo busy. The jacket itself was cute. Did like Christopher's and Sonjis the best. I actually thought Melissa's was cute. I thought Fabios mom dress was very frumpy looking...but, the judges really liked it. Thought dymtires little guy looked adorable in his outfit & it looked comfortable, plus the mother looked good.

Guess a lot of the clothes translate different from what we see & the judges see.

My picks: Christopher, dimytri, sonji and maybe Fabio as a fourth (you know how sometimes they let 4 go thru)

Weird episode, but designers in the real world design things other than clothes for tall skinny models. Would have been interesting if their baby care could have weighed in for a purpose other than being annoying.

The real babies were cute. I have nothing else to say, it was almost boring.

Thought it was kind of an odd show with designing toddlers, then the babies & making matching mom outfit-- that wasn't suppose to really count too much??? It seemed totally pushing Heidi's new kids line.

Liked Elena's the least...only because it was soooo busy. The jacket itself was cute. Did like Christopher's and Sonjis the best. I actually thought Melissa's was cute. I thought Fabios mom dress was very frumpy looking...but, the judges really liked it. Thought dymtires little guy looked adorable in his outfit & it looked comfortable, plus the mother looked good.

Guess a lot of the clothes translate different from what we see & the judges see.

My picks: Christopher, dimytri, sonji and maybe Fabio as a fourth (you know how sometimes they let 4 go thru)

Id love Fabio to be i the final "4" :D

I'd like to see Christopher and Dmitry in the final. I think Sonjia has the other spot, but a part of me wants Melissa to make it. She was in my niece's graduating class in Rogers City so we're all hoping she slides through. She has been just sliding through the past few weeks, though. She's had tons of help in the form of other designers doing work for her, giving her extra money to shop, and even having her client sewing for her.

So loved the episode last night. I thought they were correct in sending Sonijia home. I didnt think that gown was very tasteful-hated that wrong color mesh-made it look cheap. I understand where she was going with it but I just didnt like it or the fabric.

I didnt like that in the coming attractions they said that the 4 that were left were not all promised a spot at fashion week. They made it sound like this last episode would decide the group going. Oh well, more suspense!

I really liked Melissas outfit. She has really grown as a designer-maybe Tims lecture helped her!

I really thought Sonjie would go to fashion week instead of Melissa, given that she won three times and Melissa has had problems lately. What's funny is that the judges said they had to look at the season rather than tonight's challenge, yet by all accounts it looks like they went with how they felt about those very designs.

I too am disappointed that there will only be three collections.... what is the point in eliminating someone now?

Isn't this the format they've been following for the past several seasons now? 4 designers return home to work on their collections. Each receives a home visit from Tim Gunn. Then they return to New York where they each present a sample of their collection to the judges. One is weeded out.

In actuality, 5 or 6 of the designers end up presenting at Fashion Week, though only the final 3 are shown on Project Runway. It's to help prevent spoilers from revealing who the final 3 actually were.

Gunner, Elena, Ven plus the final four all showed at Fashion Week. It's been like that for awhile now. Remember April with the all black clothes all season long? I saw her collection for Fashion Week and it was entirely petal-soft colors.

I rather liked all the outfits this week.

I agreed with Heidi that Fabio's work was not memorable. It was a bit amusing (not) that they said how gorgeous Dimytri's candy dress was, when it didn't make the top 3 (and it should have won IMHO).

I thought it was weird that Kors complained that they didn't know Sonjia's point of view and then turned around and complained that Dimytri was too one note. Jeez, dude.

I've noticed a lot of eye shading the last few episodes. What's up with that?

Gunner, Elena, Ven plus the final four all showed at Fashion Week. It's been like that for awhile now. Remember April with the all black clothes all season long? I saw her collection for Fashion Week and it was entirely petal-soft colors.

I rather liked all the outfits this week.

I agreed with Heidi that Fabio's work was not memorable. It was a bit amusing (not) that they said how gorgeous Dimytri's candy dress was, when it didn't make the top 3 (and it should have won IMHO).

I thought it was weird that Kors complained that they didn't know Sonjia's point of view and then turned around and complained that Dimytri was too one note. Jeez, dude.

I've noticed a lot of eye shading the last few episodes. What's up with that?

Oops. Sonjia showed, too, of course.

How do you see who showed & view their collection?

Wasn't crazy about any of the looks this weeks...guess I've liked the avant-garde challenges in past seasons much better.

I've liked Sonjis creations over Fabios all season...so disappointed she didn't make it.