Project Runway?

BlueHerons

I didn't have a favorite this season, so I would have been happy with any one of them. Dmitri did have an edge and I liked Melissa's clothes. I'm probably in the minority here, but I thought Fabio's clothes would look best on plus sized models, just a little too much loose flow going on there.

Christopher shot himself in the foot. Too bad, he did so well all season, just lost his way at the very end.

I'm having a sick day today and have been watching marathon PR, the season Christian won, my favorite season so far :)

Christian and Chris, too! It seems Christian is the most successful of all the contestants. He always has gowns on the red carpets. And he continues to show at Fashion Week. He simply blew me away that season: talent and time management. And only 21 at that time. WOW

I am glad Dmirty won too, liked his line the best. BUT, hated those eyebrows on his models--I found them very distracting from his clothing. I am surprised the judges didn't say anything about them.

I was a fan of Melissa's most of the season, but, felt Dmirty ended up with a stronger collection.

So now I'm looking forward to the Project Runway All-Stars! Loved the last one---surprisingly, even all the judges & those who have Hiedi & Tim Gunns roles.

Don't get me started on the models' eyebrows. All look like they are frowning. Sort of how can we make a pretty girl, not so pretty.

Maybe that's what the judges were looking for when they asked for younger styling -- sullen, poorly-made-up teens. hahahaha

Didn't Uli already do the first All Star show, the one with Santino? Also I can't place Laura for the life of me.... what season was she?

It is interesting to see the "Like" numbers and that Ivy is at the bottom.

I would say Andre and Cassanova will probably be my favorites.

Not much of a first show in the workroom...that is the best part of the show to me. I like seeing how they work through creating their garment.

I liked who won and who was Auffed this time but I didn't think Andre's was that bad and I thought Kayne"s was HIS style but he tends to pageant looking things and I thought it was kind of pretty.

Isaac M annoys me as usual LOL

Still no favorite but I do agree DIVA CITY this season :eek:

I love Isaac! There's some underlying vulnerability that appeals to me.

I thought Peaches would be the first to go -- justified. The winning look was my least favorite of the top 3 but just by a hair. I loved Ivy's jacket. I think she's a very strong contender. She was strong before.

I believe Ulli might have been in that two-episode all-stars they did. I remember Chris was in that -- he slept most of the time and still kicked it. haha

I only saw the last couple of episodes of the first season so have no reason to hate Wendy Pepper (except for her hair style). I know she is/was notorious. But her outfit seemed fine. An attitude thing?

The thing with Wendy was that she had kind of an attitude but on the other-hand she was much older than the average contestant and I don't think they really got her.

There was an incident that was really sad when someone drew a mustache on a pic of her little daughter and she just lost it! Volcano-ed over everyone and no one would fess up to doing it even in the "after show" they did that year.

I wonder if anyone else misses the model picking and where the designer uses the same model unless they do a little upset the fruit basket...no pun intended LOL

Disco/shoe challenge -- not my favorite. After all, that was era of exceptionally bad clothes. I should know. I was wearing them.

I wasn't blown away by anything though I would totally have worn Cassanova's short dress back in the day. haha

MEH....I agree not my favorite challenge.

I think ULI didn't do the challenge and just made a pretty dress. I didn't even like it at all! LOL

I am surprised she won as they also commented on the lack of disco inspiration.

Funny how they liked Andre's outfit once he ditched the jacket. Ah well...so far I am not too impressed this season and I miss Tim!:(

I prefered Wendy's outfit to the "Hot mess" that Andre made. He should have been "Aufed" instead.

Yeah...I didn't see the first season of PR and wondered about Wendy, she has awful things said about her. So I was looking forward to watching her in action, now I'm disappointed because she really seemed nice. That didn't sound quite right...I just wanted to see what the big deal was, perhaps she got worse as the season went along, this time she didn't have the time. Of course, it's too soon in the season and there's a whole bunch of people there who are mean spirited, Anthony Ryan, Joshua and especially Emilio Sosa.

Then there are the people I just can't stand to watch, like Suede and Kanye, if they go soon it won't hurt my feelings. Of course Andre has to go, he's just not that good of a designer in comparison to others. Come to think of it, besides Uli and Althea, all of them had their bad personality moments on their original seasons. The producers and editors apparently like the worst moments in a persons day ;)

I'd love to see Uli win this one :)

Edited by Happy ks

Bye, bye Suede I am going to miss him but that dress was...ummm...gagh!:eek:

The top 3 were great and Emilio deserved the win although I thought the skirt was too long! Ivy's was cool but I agreed with the guest judge who said that the white chiffon was wrong. Ryan Anthony's was so pretty! I think it was very wearable yet also art-y.

For the life of me I just couldn't see what they saw in Laura k's dress????

I thought it was muteled in colors and from the back the zipper looked all crooked and the fringe????? I thought she should have gone.

I am just not fashion forward because I liked Kayne's again LOl

And those guest judges????:eek: Looked like a couple of lumberjacks dressed up to go to town!!!

I wasn't a fan of the winning outfit, mainly due to the crazy colors. It looked like something that would be on the last pages of "Us" magazine to me.

What is up with Andre? He used to make pretty clothes. Not this season!

Heading out for a 23 day trip/cruise so I'll have to catch up when I return.

Ya'll have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

Sigh...bye bye Kayne...I am going to miss him.

Those judges are soooo inconsistent. One time they criticize about lack of color and the next time it's....too much color.

I think they all have their favorites and it almost doesn't matter what they make they won't be auffed in the early rounds.

Emillio seems to be catching on at the right time for him...Anthony Ryan or is it Ryan Anthony ? LOL, Uli and maybe one other Ivy? perhaps seem to get the best feedback.

The challenges are rather strange and this was the second avante-guarde challenge and they don't thrill me.

We shall see

Some really hideous outfits were shown this week, including the winner. There really was nothing to be excited about. I didn't see avant-guard nor androgeny in any of it. Just ugly clothes.

It's been a fairly blah season, nothing new or exciting.

Had to catch up two shows as was traveling for 23 days.

It must have galled the designers to take criticism from a 16-year-old wearing tennis shoes. haha

Both aufs msut have been for overall looks so far -- Andre (what happened to him since his first time?) and Kayne. To me, Laura Kathleen's androgynous look was far worse than Kayne's, so if it was that challenge alone she should have been out.

Emilio's androgynous outfits were awesome but so much the same I thought that would hurt him. I preferred Uli's and thought for sure she would win. Are they're "hiding" her a bit?

Does it seem that Isaac is very biased in favor of Anthony Ryan? Just saying...

ATPIT, I'm calling final four as Ivy, Uli, Emilio, and Anthony Ryan. Which probably means it will be the other four.:p

Yep I think you are right but as you say we are probably wrong! LOL

Andre has been a big disappointment to me as well...I wonder if many came on not so much to compete but to get their name more recognized?

Laura Kathleen bugs me with her attitude and I thought her Looks weren't any better than Kayne and at least his stuff fits well!

OK, if there is a show tonight it will be interesting to see who goes next from the previews!