Platimum boarding with guests

jjdmom8

Hi All, We are getting ready to book a cruise and will turn platimum with this sailing. We are sailing with friends that this is only their second cruise. I know that one of the perks with Platimum status is priority boarding and debarkation, so my question is, will our friends be able to board with us, or will they have to do the normal boarding and the same with debarkation. We are traveling together and would really like to stay together! Thanks in advance!

Hi All, We are getting ready to book a cruise and will turn platimum with this sailing. We are sailing with friends that this is only their second cruise. I know that one of the perks with Platimum status is priority boarding and debarkation, so my question is, will our friends be able to board with us, or will they have to do the normal boarding and the same with debarkation. We are traveling together and would really like to stay together! Thanks in advance!

If you are booked in the same stateroom I believe they can board with you.

Otherwise, if you really want to board at the same time as them you can just board with them when their zone is called. Just because you are Platinum doesn't mean that you have to board when Platinums are called.

In most ports, check in is in different places for priority and non-priority. If you want to board with them, you can check in and then go to their area. In most cases, they will not be able to get into the priority area.

You may want to see if FTTF is available for them. That way they could board a little quicker.

If they are in a different cabin, no they will not be able to board with you if you decide to board right away!

On our last 2 cruises out of Ft Lauderdale, and Miami, there was no wait at all, so it shouldn't be a big deal waiting with them!

Same issue here - we are platinum, our friends are not. We will be traveling together, so we will likely just check in with them. On one cruise, we did priority check-in, but waited near the welcome aboard photo spot so we could get a picture with our friends. That worked fine, but it's just cumbersome to get out of the way until they reach that point and then jump in when you see them. I think it will be easier to just wait with them.

They can buy FTTF or book a suite to get faster boarding.

Otherwise just being a friend of a platinum person is not reason to allow them on early with you. IF they were booked in your same cabin that would be different.

Hi

Unless it just isn't practical, checking in later, around 1p.m. would serve your needs. By that time there is very little wait in the check-in process and you will all be able to board right away. Also by that time the cabins will be ready for your friends to go to as well as yourselves. Don't forget that your friends need to get a "check-in time".

They are allowed to accompany you for preferred tender access. You would be able to give them some of your #1 luggage tags for debarkation, they just wouldn't be able to get preferred self assist debarkation. They would still be able to do self assist debarkation if they were in a hurry to get off the ship.

have a great cruise

We will be in the same boat (hehehe) on our May 2019 cruise. Depending on what time of day we decide to arrive (our home port), we may board separate - regardless, you need to use the different lines because of where your cards are located. We carry luggage aboard, so if we are early we will simply wait in the lobby for them and put their luggage in our room which is across from ours. For debarkation we will simply wait for general self-assist.

From personal experience:

Your friends can not board early with you. However, if you only have one or two friends and you are not obnoxious about it and ask nicely and discretely AT THE MOMENT they call Platinum to board, it can happen.

Were in the EXACT same situation. On my first platinum cruise out of port of Miami, I just flashed one boarding pass with priority to get through the check in line and security. They didn't really look at the number of passes. We're cruising with friends that is their first Carnival cruise. Im thinking we can sneak them by if we're not too obvious about it.

Were in the EXACT same situation. On my first platinum cruise out of port of Miami, I just flashed one boarding pass with priority to get through the check in line and security. They didn't really look at the number of passes. We're cruising with friends that is their first Carnival cruise. Im thinking we can sneak them by if we're not too obvious about it.

Not anymore. My mom was with me in October. They checked each of our boarding passes before telling me to take a left to go to the Priority lounge and her to the right for FTTF. She asked if she could go with me and they said no. Same thing out front. They checked everyone’s Boarding Passes individually.

On most ships the cards are now left in your mailbox of your cabin when the stateroom is ready. This is rolling out fleet wide.

I have yet to be on a ship that has implemented this though I am aware it is happening; it was not on the Triumph in December or the Fascination in March. And I have no clue how they would work it on the Fascination as there are no mailboxes!

when was your last cruise out of Miami? was it recent

i know that there is a "inspector" looking at boardingpasses before you even get in the line. Priorty line is strict and was sending people out to another line. Also trying to check in before your time was sent to a "waiting" line.

I think you should just go to general boarding with your friends. (imagine the priority line if everyone took one friend)

We have an exchange student joining us next school year and will likely take him on a cruise with us. I have booked the cruise with my wife in his oceanview and he's in a balcony with me. Gives both cabins platinum and $50 VIFP OBC. Once on-board switch the names around. It may be too late for you to book it this way but maybe you can change it...

From personal experience:

Your friends can not board early with you. However, if you only have one or two friends and you are not obnoxious about it and ask nicely and discretely AT THE MOMENT they call Platinum to board, it can happen.

I see what you do there. ;) You "ask discretely" so as not to alert actual priority passengers that you're cutting non-priority guests in front of them. And ask "at the moment they call platinum" in hopes of slipping them in at the last second to avoid any push back and without actual priority passengers noticing. Am I right?

We have an exchange student joining us next school year and will likely take him on a cruise with us. I have booked the cruise with my wife in his oceanview and he's in a balcony with me. Gives both cabins platinum and $50 VIFP OBC. Once on-board switch the names around. It may be too late for you to book it this way but maybe you can change it...
Minors, even ones in a separate cabin, are allowed to board with the adults they're cruising with without actually being priority themselves.

I see what you do there. ;) You "ask discretely" so as not to alert actual priority passengers that you're cutting non-priority guests in front of them. And ask "at the moment they call platinum" in hopes of slipping them in at the last second to avoid any push back and without actual priority passengers noticing. Am I right?

Minors, even ones in a separate cabin, are allowed to board with the adults they're cruising with without actually being priority themselves.

Ah, thanks. He will be 18 but its defiantly worth it for the OBC. Thanks

My 2 cents worth: It depends on how "militant" the Platinum guest attendant is guarding the line. It's about 50-50 whether they allow friends and family who are not platinum guests accompany you through the platinum line. Normally on our elderly parents, most of the time they allow them through. Enjoy the cruise!

It's sad that there are so many platinums now that perks or benefits continue to decrease. Surely those that strain this further by sneaking or bringing their "guests" who are not platinum with them will not complain when some more of these things are taken away because there are just too many people.

I specifically did not mention diamond, the numbers are too few to matter on any given cruise even if the same percentage feel entitled enough to break the rules.

My 2 cents worth: It depends on how "militant" the Platinum guest attendant is guarding the line. It's about 50-50 whether they allow friends and family who are not platinum guests accompany you through the platinum line. Normally on our elderly parents, most of the time they allow them through. Enjoy the cruise!

Curious-- not direct to you but IF the port has that new express check in -- where your sign and sail card is at the cabin and the port enforces that check in time-- do you find that people are routed elsewhere?

I found that while sailing the Vista last year people were being sent to other lines.

wondering if its more laxed now--- like if people go before the time-- are they allowed through

• 4 weeks later...
Same issue here - we are platinum, our friends are not. We will be traveling together, so we will likely just check in with them. On one cruise, we did priority check-in, but waited near the welcome aboard photo spot so we could get a picture with our friends. That worked fine, but it's just cumbersome to get out of the way until they reach that point and then jump in when you see them. I think it will be easier to just wait with them.

That's what we do...no harm it waiting! Funny though...last time the carnival workers kept trying to push us in early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums