Ready Set Sail

DFWGUYZ

Not seeing the promo yet. I'm getting the old website. Has anyone checked the new website for the promo?

I just checked the new site on IE and it doesn't show the Ready Set Sail promo yet. I have the old site on Firefox and it doesn't either. Maybe Seattle isn't awake yet. LOL

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Checked my booked cruise and it's 526 more per person with this sale.

Thanks but no thanks.

For those not seeing the new sale, you might have to clear your browser history to see the update.

Cheers,

Deb

Cruise I've been thinking about went up more than the value of the obc and grats. I'm with Deb--thanks but no thanks.

Is the difference due to not using the non-refundable fare (prior to this week)? Or is it due to a comparable fare that is fully refundable?

I just rechecked my upcoming cruise booked under View and Veranda promotion (versus the new Ready Set Sail one). Fare went down by $70 but I got $100 (PP) less in OBC. No thanks!

Edited by DaveOKC

Is the difference due to not using the non-refundable fare (prior to this week)? Or is it due to a comparable fare that is fully refundable?

I just rechecked my upcoming cruise booked under View and Veranda promotion (versus the new Ready Set Sail one). Fare went down by $70 but I got $100 (PP) less in OBC. No thanks!

I have a cruise booked under V&V. With RSS, the fare is down $500 pp and I would lose $100 pp OBC, so I'm going to ask my TA about refaring that one.

For the one I've been thinking about, I've only been watching since the nonrefundable promo, so that's the only comparison I've got.

Am I reading the fine print of this new sale properly?..... Deposit is Non-Refundable?

Is this what you mean?

Offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with any other discounts and are not transferable or refundable.

Hmm, looks like maybe I can't refare, although I will ask anyway. This does sound like a nonrefundable deposit. The only place I see mention of not refundable is in this sentence in the T&C.

Is this what you mean?

Offers are available for new bookings only, apply only to the cruise portion of Alaska Land+Sea Journeys, are not combinable with any other discounts and are not transferable or refundable.

Hmm, looks like maybe I can't refare, although I will ask anyway. This does sound like a nonrefundable deposit. The only place I see mention of not refundable is in this sentence in the T&C.

Yes, that's the only reference I saw too. I've got my T.A. looking at re-faring this as well (we're booked with the V&V sale). She'll let me know I'm sure.

We had a booking that we made onboard in March for next March and HAL changed it over to the READY SET SAIL today with no problem. Fare had not gone up and we got to keep all our FCC OBC. For once we lucked out.

At least you guys have a promotion to encourage you to book. In Europe there is nothing! Prices have increased slightly over the last few days and I have no interest in clicking on the 'Buy Now' button until they offer some value.

I called last night to see if my group qualified for the lower fare as it is lower than what I booked last August. I booked with a future cruise deposit and the person on the phone helping me didn't understand..............he kept telling me I needed to add more money to my booking or risk my reservation being cancelled...............I told him I booked with a FCD, he said no, you need to add more money or risk being cancelled. Mind you, this has been booked since August, I have made payments on it each month..............I just said, thank you, don't touch anything, I will call tonight. I wish HAL would train their reservationists better..........................

At least you guys have a promotion to encourage you to book. In Europe there is nothing! Prices have increased slightly over the last few days and I have no interest in clicking on the 'Buy Now' button until they offer some value.

The new promotion is on the European website as of this evening. To us, it's completely worthless because either the cruise I have been ogling at is not covered by the promotion or the other two we have booked at decent prices without any promo or sale have risen in price - more than the "perk" is worth! In one case I'd have to pay 1000$ more to get 840 approx. in paid gratuities. No OIBC because we aren't booked in a suite.

Same thing with the Explore4 promotion we had booked under last year, just vice versa. When the promotion ended, the prices dropped so much that we re-fared without the promotion because I would have been forced to drink so much that I'd only wobble through the ship even filled up on juice, coffees and sodas which we prefer to hard liquor...

As so many have pointed out, it's really necessary to compare prices - but I concede that some might be lucky on finding a good deal within a sale - so good luck!