Opening Time for Reservations

Sorry, I need a refresher course in making specialty restaurant reservations.

If I'm allowed to book Polo & Toscana starting, say, Wednesday (April 4), when does online booking open up? Would it be tonight after midnight EST, tonight after midnight PST, or how does that work? Also, are the available/unbooked times generally shown in half hour increments?

What do you choose first - a restaurant, then day, then time? When do you select sharing or non-sharing?

Does Regatta just have Polo and Toscana, or is there now a third specialty restaurant?

Thank you.

You certainly are :D

try this site

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html[/quote

For some strange reason I was thinking the opposite, despite the fact that I know the east coast is later than the west coast.

Halfway explains why the best dinner reservation days/times are gone by the time I book. West coast cruisers snap them up!

So there's nothing on O's website that lets me preview the reservation system and/or tells me when I get to make reservations, right? The date is on the copy of the document from Oceania, but that's all, right?

So there's nothing on O's website that lets me preview the reservation system and/or tells me when I get to make reservations, right? The date is on the copy of the document from Oceania, but that's all, right?

That is Incorrect. These are the rules:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.

-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

Timing For All Vessels:

-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

That is Incorrect. These are the rules:

Making Specialty Restaurant Reservations:

In order to Reserve Online, the Booking must be paid in full.

-The Online Dining Reservation System closes out at 7 days prior to each sailing's embarkation date.

Timing For All Vessels:

-Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites may make reservations at 90 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites may make reservations at 75 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms may make reservations at 60 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms may make reservations at 45 days out until 7 days prior to embarkation.

I'll get out a calendar and count back; thanks. Guess I was spoiled by another cruise line's system, which has actual date you can reserve prominently displayed. But no big deal either way.

Thanks, all.

I'll get out a calendar and count back; thanks. Guess I was spoiled by another cruise line's system, which has actual date you can reserve prominently displayed. But no big deal either way.

Thanks, all.

Have you looked on our invoice ?

Or checked under MY ACCOUNT on Oceania's website

Being in the UK I made dinner reservations 9am sharp on the first day I was able to - still very much night time for my colonial cousins and this was 45 days out and I had no problems getting time and date that were our first choices :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Being in the UK I made dinner reservations 9am sharp on the first day I was able to - still very much night time for my colonial cousins and this was 45 days out and I had no problems getting time and date that were our first choices :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yes, no matter where a person is it's midnight in Miami that matters. You could have booked it at 5am as I believe you are 5 hours ahead of Miami.

I'm one hour behind and sometimes book them at 11pm

For some strange reason I was thinking the opposite, despite the fact that I know the east coast is later than the west coast.

Halfway explains why the best dinner reservation days/times are gone by the time I book. West coast cruisers snap them up!

I think more likely is that those in higher category staterooms snapped them up. Don't blame us on the the other side (i.e it is all day flying even just to Miami). I've been "on the mark" when they opened for the masses and had one choice for table for two in one restaurant for one of the bookings only except for 9 pm (? maybe 8:30). I have booked 8:30 or 9 pm before and was keeping the staff up by the time dessert was served as we were the only folks left. OTH we had the the restaurant to ourselves for a lovely intimate dinner :)

I assume from the above that reservations in the UK start at 5am (ie EST plus 5 hours) and not at midnight UK time. Is this correct please?

I don't believe we change our clocks the same weekend so you'd always be better to use a world clock or the chart that J & S provided.

I believe they hold back tables & slot times for those that book at each level & some for those that book once onboard

Better way than waiting until you board & spend an hr in line to book a table

No one time zone has any advantage over others except for people farther west. And the only advantage they have is it's earlier in their day and they don't have to stay up as late if they want to get in right as it opens.

But if someone in an eastern time zone wants to stay up late they can get in the system at the same time. As I said earlier it's all about Midnight in Miami.

OK, I'm the original poster, and yes, the people in suites snap up the best spots for sure - sea days, reservations before 9 PM, etc. I think they might get more than one reservation in each restaurant too, but I forget what Oceania allows for an 11 or 12 day cruise.

Last night at midnight EST I went on the site and booked my reservations. I was able to make them for 7:30 on 2 of the four days I was considering, including one on a sea day (gasp!) All the tables for 2 were gone except for a few later times on days that were very early and very late in the cruise, but sharing isn't bad except, so overall I was happy. If you pay for a suite, you should get something else besides a larger room. I hate eating at 8:30 or 9, so the time is important to me. The system was easier to use than when I used it before - fewer steps to see what was open and make a choice. This morning I went back on at 7:30 EST and the only times open for all days I looked at (5 or 6) was 9 PM, so I was definitely glad I didn't fall asleep at 11:30 like my body was telling it wanted! Next time, though, I think I'll just go on at midnight, go straight to the shared table tab and start from there, and after I make reservations, I can try for that hard-to-get private table somewhere.