Couldn't Pass Up NCL's Tax Free Spree offer

barb65

NCl is offering it's latest promotion called "Tax Free Spree." It offers free government taxes, fees and port expenses along with five free offers to choose from. Couldn't pass up this offer so we booked a spa mini-suite on the new Encore in 2020. The savings were a really good deal, plus the ship will only be three months old when we sail. Can't wait! This offer applies to other cruises, not just the Encore.

I did that as well...well technically I re-booked it because I had just booked the cruise the night before.

There was a savings of about $300 or so. Which was funny because they told me I would lose my $50 on board credit....

Nice promotion. The only other one I love is the free prepaid service charges.

I did that as well...well technically I re-booked it because I had just booked the cruise the night before.

There was a savings of about $300 or so. Which was funny because they told me I would lose my $50 on board credit....

Nice promotion. The only other one I love is the free prepaid service charges.

Same here. Lost onboard credit but saved $300. Great deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just booked my Feb 2019, 11 day out of NY with BJ's.. They gave all port charges and tax, $425.50 value. I had booked last month with NCL, those charges were added. So I called and cancelled. BJ's booked the same room, got the same 2 free at sea perks, and $75 OBC. Always pays to other vendors.

I was able to get it for my 2020 on Dawn and actually saved about $300, plus I kept all my Free at Sea & Distinctive Voyages perks. My TA told me only about ten percent of her booked NCL passengers were able to save money with this offer.

looks like i can save about 160 but lose 60 in credits, so 100 dollars net.

Did you all call and have them do it or do i have to call and cancel and rebook on my own?

This is for Jade in December

My TA did it for me.

I couldn't pass up the offer either!!! I was able to get a good deal through my TA

I went from an interior to a BF Balcony guarantee for $217 per person out the door!!

I feel like that's a good deal and I was also able to chose another perk as part of Free At Sea !!

Edited by Georgie562

Heads up ... well, like the IRS Tax filing deadline in the US, NCL's 2018 tax free spree been extended ... for different reasons

Details on the website, so I won't repeat or quote it ... but, not seeing deals to our likings. IMHO, not as good as 2017's offer and prices higher to start with - as always, YMMV.

If we look ahead to options, I see MSC matching (status as well) over the horizon in the distance at some point ... (yes, Dexddd)

I am sure some will find deals & bargains for savings, good luck !

I think this was very deceptive advertising from NCL. Maybe there was some little fine print that indicated it was not for every sailing, but they are trumpeting it from every rooftop, online, on television and print. It did not apply to my sailing, and my rep at NCL was kind of curt when I contacted him about it. “It says it everywhere and I am looking at your website now!” And he says several times, “You have the best available deal for your sailing.” I’m a devoted NCL customer, but I am left with a very bad taste in my mouth over this. My new advice is do not believe their advertising, it likely does not apply to you.