how does the drink package for toddler work?

rubydouble

First time cruising with little ones and I am thinking of purchasing the drink package for the little ones for juices. Do the little ones have to be present to get juices? or could I just bring their cruise card?

I am thinking more than likely that I will be the one fetch the drink without them being around.

Please share your experiences how do the little ones get the drink.

I don't know how old your little ones are, but we purchased the Bottomless Bubbles for our 8 and 7 year olds this past Thanksgiving. We did not get our money's worth! They just didn't drink enough soda and juice for it to be worthwhile. Generally you have to be present to get a drink with the package (like with Cheers for adults), but most bartenders will let you slide when they see it's for a kid. I usually walked with them to get a drink, but a few times I just took their card to the bar, ordered, and said it was for my kid "over there" (while pointing in their general direction).

Yeah and free lemonade and iced tea (or atleast their version of such) for free as well at the buffet.....personally I wouldn't buy it for my toddler I don't think I'd get our $'s worth....

A toddler? I don’t think you need to get a package. Just bring some cartons on board with you. Or fill a couple of glasses in the morning and put in your cabin. I don’t know that a package would be worth it for a toddler.

We took our three year old last year and I did not buy the package for her. We would grab a couple extra milk's from the buffet in the morning to keep in our cabin fridge. She also drank the free lemonade and juices and we kept her water cup filled up and available at all times. At dinner in the main dining room, the wait staff would always have a milk or apple juice ready and waiting for her. And even the bartenders gave her free "kids cocktail" (i.e. Shirley Temple) on a couple occasions. Definitely didn't need the Bottomless Bubbles!

IF you are buying the Bubbles program for yourself, I do not think anyone would care if you got a glass or two of juice for your toddler.

You are correct that no one on the actual ship will care, but I assure you plenty of the morality police on this board will find it extremely offensive lol.....

A toddler? I don’t think you need to get a package. Just bring some cartons on board with you. Or fill a couple of glasses in the morning and put in your cabin. I don’t know that a package would be worth it for a toddler.
I second this. I would fill empty water bottles with free juice in the morning and stash in the fridge for later.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

I wonder if there would be any problem taking aboard a few of packs of single serving juice boxes.

Each passenger can carry on up to 12 cans/cartons of 12oz or less, so they should have no problem bringing boxes (and might be ok with pouches, but not Little Hugs).

My husband and I are diabetic, I brought juice boxes on our cruise on the conquest a couple of weeks ago. They never even looked at them. I used to bring the little bottles of oj , but now bring the juice boxes.

Bottomless bubbles was only $4.50 a day for kids. Real juice from the bar was $2.75 so if you get 2 a day it's worth it. We certainly got our moneys worth. The free stuff is orange/apple drink, not juice.

Consider this as an option:

Get a Yeti or one of the numerous similar stainless mugs. Take it to the breakfast buffet and fill it with ice and the mango juice or apple juice in the mornings. Leave it in your cabin and transfer it to a small cup you brought to your cabin when your kids are thirsty.

I have a RTIC 40oz mug I fill every morning and enjoy the mango beverage all day.

You've just saved a bunch of $$ :D

You can get juice and milk from room service 24/7. As others have said, you can fill a yeti and keep it in the room. You can also bring on juice boxes.

But frankly - we didn't do any of that. Our son was 2 when he first cruised. Had milk/juice at breakfast then went to camp. Then lemonade or water with lunch or if he need a drink after the pool in the afternoon. Dinner was milk and water. If he wanted a treat, we would by him a strawberry daiquiri before dinner with our adult beverages. Personally, I preferred it this way because it kept control on his sugar intake, and kept him from having too much liquid before bed because it wasn't in the room.